The Flash: Speed Force coming to Movie World

Guest Moderator

3 hours ago, themagician said:

Movie World have shown off the attraction signs lighting package at night. Kudos to the park because this is the best attraction sign they’ve done in a long time 

RPReplay_Final1713393894.mov 13.98 MB · 24 downloads  

That's going to be great at the 3-4 night events the ride will be open for per year. 

I do wonder how visible its going to be during daytime operations. 

I do also wonder what will happen with some of the LEDs inevitably break and whether they'll just switch it off and call it a day, or install static white LEDs as replacements, though I do want them to maintain it in its 'premiere' state of course.

Am I the only one annoyed that the chase sequence follows the outline of the shape, rather than tracing out each letter in turn?

54 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I do also wonder what will happen with some of the LEDs inevitably break and whether they'll just switch it off and call it a day, or install static white LEDs as replacements, though I do want them to maintain it in its 'premiere' state of course.

Similar to the Jokers face with missing teeth... 

2 hours ago, Gobbledok said:

What the hell is wrong with people in this group

All i read is people complaining everything they do is shit and then they do something good and its post about what its shit or not worth bothering for a few nights a year

Get a life

idk where you read that, aside from a sarcastic comment about the lighting only being visible a few nights a year everyone is talking about how good it is?

Then dont say it

I actually just passed the park on the highway and each side of the track was lit up in its respective color looking quite good

But of course it seems like on here anything that that park does must automatically be shit even when its not finished

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Hate to say it, but… yuk.

IMG_3220.jpeg

IMG_3221.jpeg

It’s been lit like this for Autism QLD Day… just drove past and it’s lit up Red and Yellow now. Looks cool with Green Lantern, Rivals all lit up at night! Well done to the AV team, wonder what it will do when the ride is operating? 

• Like 3

@Brad2912 it’s for autism awareness month, so it doesn’t isn’t yuck. If they used this day to day, then maybe, but for raising awareness ‘yuck’ shouldn’t be the word used.

IMG_4061.thumb.jpeg.2aa780bbb0586097fcfadc7f773630e6.jpeg

But this shows the capability of the lighting package for the ride and I think they could do some really cool stuff if they just mixed red and yellow for this. And good on the park for investing in a lighting package for the ride, something they’ve only ever done for Rivals at the park 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, themagician said:

@Brad2912 it’s for autism awareness month, so it doesn’t isn’t yuck. If they used this day to day, then maybe, but for raising awareness ‘yuck’ shouldn’t be the word used.

IMG_4061.thumb.jpeg.2aa780bbb0586097fcfadc7f773630e6.jpeg

But this shows the capability of the lighting package for the ride and I think they could do some really cool stuff if they just mixed red and yellow for this. And good on the park for investing in a lighting package for the ride, something they’ve only ever done for Rivals at the park 

Unaware of the context, would never ever have said that if I knew the meaning behind the colour, thought they’d just gone and made it look like a cheap carnival ride rather than keeping with the flash theme. 

Fantastic that is can be altered to suit themes and the “standard” will be red yellow 

apologies for any offence caused to anyone

8 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

So for clarification, yuck to Autism Awareness? Lovely sentiment!

I’ve apologised for not realising the context behind the photos 

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 1

I think that's the point though now isn't it. I just saw these photos on Facebook and thought to myself "oh well guess the lighting package for Flash is revealed...I'll go see what Parkz thinks" and sure enough exactly what I expected.

Instead of a happy response to the fact it has lights, it's some post saying how 'oh it's Movie World clearly this is an awful idea and they are going to make it look terrible.'
But no actually, it's for a special occasion and that's cool. You want to see terrible, go look at that bloody awful lighting on the Wave Swinger up the street, truely vomit inducing and that's the permanent scheme they've chosen!

The last attraction Village Built was Leviathan and I might be biassed, however worldwide knowledgable people have said it's world class level (not just Village marketing dept). So why would their next thing suddenly assumed to be awful? Because everything is automatically bad because you don't like the CEO right?
If Leviathan was lit up Rainbow for a special awareness thing I would think that was awesome.

From what I understand the Park are doing all the lighting for Flash themselves in house and if this is the result (along with the sign) then how great!
This whole Movie World is Evil and Dreamworld is the land of the gods just has to stop, each has good and bad points when you look at them objectively.

Funnily enough the first lights for Wizard of Oz arrived in the country today, I look forward to coming back in a few months and finding out why they are awful too 😛 

Edited by rappa
  • Like 4

When did I ever see village is evil and dreamworld is amazing.

MWs aura has faded somewhat no doubt but that doesn’t make me shit can everything they do 

the lighting on the DW flyer is tacky as hell, and my initial thought after seeing these photos and after what has been a good marketing build up theme wise was “why would MW have made the same mistake”.

Not too sure how many times i can apologise. Autism is a cause close to my heart and I feel horrendous for misconstruing a theme choice in honour of it. 

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rappa said:

I think that's the point though now isn't it. I just saw these photos on Facebook and thought to myself "oh well guess the lighting package for Flash is revealed...I'll go see what Parkz thinks" and sure enough exactly what I expected.

Instead of a happy response to the fact it has lights, it's some post saying how 'oh it's Movie World clearly this is an awful idea and they are going to make it look terrible.'
But no actually, it's for a special occasion and that's cool. You want to see terrible, go look at that bloody awful lighting on the Wave Swinger up the street, truely vomit inducing and that's the permanent scheme they've chosen!

The last attraction Village Built was Leviathan and I might be biassed, however worldwide knowledgable people have said it's world class level (not just Village marketing dept). So why would their next thing suddenly assumed to be awful? Because everything is automatically bad because you don't like the CEO right?
If Leviathan was lit up Rainbow for a special awareness thing I would think that was awesome.

From what I understand the Park are doing all the lighting for Flash themselves in house and if this is the result (along with the sign) then how great!
This whole Movie World is Evil and Dreamworld is the land of the gods just has to stop, each has good and bad points when you look at them objectively.

Funnily enough the first lights for Wizard of Oz arrived in the country today, I look forward to coming back in a few months and finding out why they are awful too 😛 

Bahaha 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jokes_on_you said:

Sea World also is lit up for Autism Day! Well done to both parks! 👏

IMG_0794.jpeg

Its good they are doing it but its just for good pr for the parks otherwise they wouldn't do it. 

• Like 1

Unaware of the context, would never ever have said that if I knew the meaning behind the colour, thought they’d just gone and made it look like a cheap carnival ride rather than keeping with the flash theme. 

Yeah but If you were sharing the pics, how did you download them in the first place without seeing them in the context of the parks original post?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, STRAWS said:

Its good they are doing it but its just for good pr for the parks otherwise they wouldn't do it. 

Though it’ll probably just be labelled as ‘Mindless Village hate’, it’s very much just a PR move. It’s not actually implementing anything to improve people with ASD’s experience at the parks, nor is it bringing to light anything they may already have/are working on implementing. It’s the theme park equivalent of changing your profile picture to a Pride flag for a month.

If they genuinely want to do something for Autism Awareness, they should actually make changes for people who have ASD.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Love it! 1

Trying to stay on topic but Dreamworld does have an Autism day which seems a bit more genuine. The good news is that The Flash has a night time lighting package and I think that is good. While it's a recycled ride at least we're getting a decent sign and some lighting. I know it's not a huge amount of effort but it's more than would have previously been done.