Movie World Scheduled Maintenance 2024

themagician

6 hours ago, themagician said:

Doomsday now has no reopening date. Could this finally be the end of the rides life?

We can only hope..

And then tear down the whole area, and re-purpose the sound stage. I understand Batman Legacy will be heading off at some point this year, and with it the end of the  WB Showcase concept. 

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

So long as it’s a ride, I don’t really mind what type it is, though Movie World does need a proper dark ride more than any other ride type. I just hope that, whatever it is, it’s either given an original/abnormal theme (that perhaps ties into the western vibe), or it’s a nod to Arkham (and if not this, then that GL’s successor is).

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Not legal here, I believe.

You the joke missed you flew flies over you arrow | StareCat.com

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

And then tear down the whole area, and re-purpose the sound stage. I understand Batman Legacy will be heading off at some point this year, and with it the end of the  WB Showcase concept. 

I would personally like a dark ride, the question is what theme could it be? I would personally like to see a Tom and Jerry dark ride, it would fit next to Scooby. If you wanted to reuse some of the city pieces from Doomsday you could, loosely tie it to the 2021 film.

What if they were to replace it with something like the old Matterhorn/Flying Bobs ride that was at DW (Avalanche)? Could pick any of the characters in that villains area. Still a flat ride that won't take up much room. Could enclose it in something dark and make it somewhat "Scary". Would be something different but simple that they don't have anything similar to?

Bizzaro tearing the place up or scarecrow taunting you before it starts saying you're about to feel the effects of his gas and then taunting you while the ride is going would be fantastic.

220px-Angry_Beavers_Spooty_Spin.jpg

I was always found it ironic that such a crap ride is surrounded by a really cool precinct (IMO). Moving Batwing there and adding a second accompanying drop tower probably wouldn't make enough sense, and they already have a star flyer down the road. It costs money to pull it down obviously, so they'll delay that expense as long as they can if the past is any indicator. Maybe the maintenance designation can be changed to extended decommissioning lol.

I did Dream Circus at LPS on the weekend and that set a new baseline for utter shit, so I'm being pretty kind to DD right now.

11 hours ago, STRAWS said:

Also, Village with this 2-month maintenance bs for every ride has to be about saving money. Dreamworld the only rides that take that long is Gold coaster and if it's a major refurb.

Yikes, this comment didn't age well, did it?

Claw, Motocoaster, Kenny's Flyers, Shockwave and now Serpent Slayer are closed for 2 months or more this year...

Edited by ShakeShack
Additional Context.
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 2

2 hours ago, ShakeShack said:

Claw, Motocoaster, Kenny's Flyers, Shockwave and now Serpent Slayer are closed for 2 months or more this year...

😭😭😭😭😭did I jynx something.

I know tailspin is closed now to at the moment could they be doing a overhaul on these attractions like maybe a 10-year thing where it requires more maintenance it seems really odd at the moment lol. 

3 hours ago, ShakeShack said:

This is the problem with Gold Coast parks.  They think it is OK to reduce the customer experience, if the other park is doing it.

Edited by New display name

3 hours ago, New display name said:

This is the problem with Gold Coast parks.  They think it is OK to reduce the customer experience, if the other park is doing it.

Serpent Slayer is closed for what i guess is they are waiting on a part (it reopened only able to operate in mild mode.)

the claw is 20 years old this year, don’t rides need extra work done every 10 years?

5 rides ≠ every attraction in the park. i’m not sure why Motorcoaster, Shockwave and Kenny’s are needing the extra maintenance though. 

Edited by Rivals

15 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Nobody wants to see that ride again on the GC. It’s a travelling fair ride essentially.

We need an immersive dark ride, not a carnival ride in a room 

Honestly, The Rebel at Aussie world was really well done back in its day. It impressed me and is essentially the same ride experience (i think its a bigger model than avalanche) and TBH movie world needs a couple of spinner flats that spreads out the guests rather than these big imposing ride structures. 

Tassie Devil was a similar model at Wonderland too, and it was always popular. 

I'd be happy to see it, appropriately themed, fitting into MW as one of a selection of small flats of mid-thrill level.

10 hours ago, Jokes_on_you said:

Don’t forget closing a whole waterpark for majority of the year… 🤔

TBH I don't know why WnW doesn't do it. The park is always dead in Winter and it'd save OpEx.

4 hours ago, Rivals said:

Serpent Slayer is closed for what i guess is they are waiting on a part (it reopened only able to operate in mild mode.)

the claw is 20 years old this year, don’t rides need extra work done every 10 years?

5 rides ≠ every attraction in the park. i’m not sure why Motorcoaster, Shockwave and Kenny’s are needing the extra maintenance though. 

Last year it was the same, Serpent Slayer, Claw, The Gold Coaster, Motocoaster and Shockwave all closed for 2+ months. Movie World's in comparison was far less.

Why is it ok for Dreamworld, but not Movie World?

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, ShakeShack said:

Why is it ok for Dreamworld, but not Movie World?

It's not, but the difference is DW schedule their maintence so it's spaced out throughout the year so there aren't multiple major rides closed for months at the same time. While currently MW have four major attractions closed (Scooby being one and Doomsday now not having a reopening date).

It seems the 1-2 month closures are the normal now (due to the new requirements post the river rapids investigation), but what the parks need to do is manage their timing and try and reduce the mutli-ride downtime as much as possible.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, themagician said:

It's not, but the difference is DW schedule their maintence so it's spaced out throughout the year so there aren't multiple major rides closed for months at the same time. While currently MW have four major attractions closed (Scooby being one and Doomsday now not having a reopening date).

It seems the 1-2 month closures are the normal now (due to the new requirements post the river rapids investigation), but what the parks need to do is manage their timing and try and reduce the mutli-ride downtime as much as possible.

Really feels like you're moving the goal posts here...

Superman and Batwing have both been down to aid construction of both Flash AND Oz. Extended more so than their usual periods. From what you can see, a large amount of concreting has been done around Superman's supports to aid with Oz, if this wasn't done now (possibly extending it's closure) then it would have had to go down again later in the year for it. Which would you prefer?

I'd hardly call Doomsday a major attraction.