Dreamworld - Main Street Repaint

Saw this in person, it fits the area brilliantly and looks great! The street will look fantastic once it’s all done. I actually would love to see the roof taken down and some real charm returned to Main Street, although I doubt they will remove it. Pop a few hedge planter boxes out the front of the building and it will look even better. 
side note, has anyone noticed they have removed the Australian flag from the top of the entrance building? Not sure if it’s related to the Reno’s or something else? I sure hope they have enough decency to return it. I wouldn’t have thought the average public would notice however it was a random person waiting in the entrance line who mentioned it before I had realised, so people do notice this sort of thing. 

• Like 1

Looks great!

Although...

Not to piss on anyone's bonfire, but there's still the renovated theatre building which will still look inharmonious with the "timeless" aesthetic of the other buildings. I imagine they'll be sticking with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

from what i’ve heard they are recognised and treated very well, makes sense why all the staff seem like they actually want to be there.

From my past experience I have no doubt this would be the case. I know that back in Greg's leadership days at Village he would personally meet with team members from all departments who would receive positive guest feedback to thank them and also take the time to get to know a little bit about the individual. 

I'm sure this kind of approach would have trickled down to the current day leadership at DW. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Levram__ said:

I'm sure this kind of approach would have trickled down to the current day leadership at DW. 

Given how many of the VR leadership followed Greg to DW, i'm not sure how much trickling would be necessary!

But agree, regardless of what the guy was or was not responsible for at Village, his people skills far exceed others in similar positions.

• Like 2

To be completely honest... the CONCEPT behind Doomsday was a good idea, a decently themed flat ride. If the ride actually worked properly, and wasn't a total potato it would have for the most part been alright. It was just a shame that the ride was so unreliable and was down so often because from what I gather that's the biggest complaint with the ride (apart from the B mode it's now running in). 

I really don't think they would have chosen the model if they knew it was going to be so unreliable. Honestly if it had been me though, I would have moved SurfRider to Movie World at that point in time and put it where doomsday was and chosen something different for Flash but that's a whole different story. Scooby is much the same, the idea was good (refurbishing and bringing it up to new standards) but the execution kinda failed. Although from what I heard, what Movie World got vs what they paid for was not quite right. I will give them props for bringing back the theming standard for the ghost train to the original for the most part (we do not talk about the screens though...) and getting the light show running properly. So IMO it wasn't a complete failure, just some things didn't go quite right. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Spotty said:

I really don't think they would have chosen the model if they knew it was going to be so unreliable.

The only other park install of an Intamin Suspended Twin Hammer was in Malaysia, which opened in 2003 and closed in 2015 - the year before Doomsday opened - because it was so unreliable. So they should have known, or at least should have at least contacted the Malaysian park for a reference before buying the ride.

Zamperla make the Hawk model that does the exact same thing, has many more installs and is a much more reliable ride.

• Love it! 2