Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

It's becoming incredibly less about a park based on films and other film-related topics into one based purely on DC comics.

I agree. The addition of several DC comics themed rides has drifted away from movieworld’s core feeling of being inside a movie park; a movie set, where you experience the excitement of movies/film ect. It is a bit overpowered by DC rides. Having said that, it’s not the worst decision MW could have made. I don’t hate the DC comics world they’ve built over the years. All solid rides, plus it’s a smart decision by MW. The DC comics branding is a winner on many fronts: - DC Superheroes appeal to such a broad age group (children, teens, adults) because of how long it has existed in pop-culture. Come on, who doesn't know about Superman. - It has a longer lasting appeal than many other movie related tie-ins (that movieworld could use). - Giving Lethal a Batman re-theme is a very smart decision as the new movie is coming out mid-year. - Merchandise wise, DC brings in the big $$$. Why would they build a whole new store just for DC stuff? Obviously there is a demand. When lethal is re-launched and a new DC themed dark ride replaces the Bat-ride, I hope that Movieworld steps away from the DC comics area and focuses on other areas of the park. Which leads onto the next thing….more dark rides.

But I agree Movie Parks need dark rides.

Agree 100% Alex. To create that feeling, you need to immerse people into an environment, put them onto the ‘movie set’. The best way is to use a dark ride system. It’s the attractions with storylines and immersive themeing that made you feel like you were part of a real Western (WWF), or in a looney tunes cartoon (LTRR). Mw does need them….and management know this. I believe that once LW has been re-themed, we will see the return of the dark rides. It seems the most logical thing to do, as the park is lacking family attractions. Work is already being done in the bat-ride building; the simulators have been scrapped (pics I saw on The Outsiders fb page). I’m betting on two new major dark ride additions in 2 years. The first being a new ride in the bat-ride building (most likely DC, it is locked in an area surrounded by other DC rides), followed by a replacement for Looney Tunes in the coming year. It needs to happen. After that, I’d love to see a generic “how the movies are made” style attraction. Very similar to the ‘lights, camera, action' attraction at Universal Singapore. Something like that would really bring back that core movie park theme that Movieworld has slightly forgotten. *sigh* I shouldn’t be dreaming too big, Movieworld realistically doesn’t have a budget of the universal parks.

My question is with the re-theme and plans to obviously make this part of the park popular again will we see a reopening of the gift and photo shop at the exit. If it is batman themed could this be where the new Bat Store gets moved to. My feeling is we will also see a new dark ride take Batman's place to complete the DC area and no doubt something for the whole family and then as has been discussed before move onto the Looney Tunes area and replace the river ride and give the that whole area a refresh which is needed. My personal hope is that they then move onto the back of the park open it up and refresh it. It would no doubt take some time but would give the whole park a new shiny look, great atmosphere and surely keep everyone happy!! :)

Well I must not have been able to see that one. Can you post the picture?

I haven't been to MW in years but I am guessing that the wall at the end was not how it used to be. This was posted by the Theme Park Social Network on facebook. 403636_242846282463654_132673766814240_537377_1064017437_n.jpg After they have finished this and Maybe the replacement for LT they really should focus on Sea World for a change. Edited by Cruiseshipfan

I haven't been to MW in years but I am guessing that the wall at the end was not how it used to be. This was posted by the Theme Park Social Network on facebook. 403636_242846282463654_132673766814240_537377_1064017437_n.jpg After they have finished this and Maybe the replacement for LT they really should focus on Sea World for a change.

Money on sea world?? Penguin shores Castaway bay Sea viper re-launch Battle boats etc Dora show Nic refurb of kids area Sponge bob parade Hmm...think they've spend plenty in past 18months

Money on sea world?? Penguin shores Castaway bay Sea viper re-launch Battle boats etc Dora show Nic refurb of kids area Sponge bob parade Hmm...think they've spend plenty in past 18months

Actually something more more descent. Castaway bay and battle boats are basically the same thing. The referb and parade for nick isn't really spending much money. They need to do something everyone wants to see and can be seen all year unlike the battle boats which are horrible in the middle of winter.

I haven't been to MW in years but I am guessing that the wall at the end was not how it used to be.

The wall at the end, to me, looks like the scooby show building - in particular, the lift shaft.

That part of China Town was out of view for me. It looks good that they are doing something. I just wondering how they are going to redo china town in just under 2 months?

Well the china town alley was made the way most back-lot style movie sets are made. The universal backlot is changed constantly, with changes to some signage, a bit of paint, and some other thematic elements. It wouldn't take 2 months to do all that, even if they chose to render every building. You've got to remember that the studios know a bunch of organisations capable of doing that very quickly... Hell they built the dawn treader out here in only a couple of months.

Ok. I'll clear this mess up. The plain wall in question at the back of the image is in fact the shade sails over main street. This was obviously taken from just behind the alleyway to scooby as you can see the wall goes off in another direction. China town has bend in it and if the photo was taken from the main street point of view the Scooby building would not be visible. The wall on a 90 degree angle from the rest of China town which is in front of you would not exist if it was taken towards Lethal Weapon. For a clear understanding please see the attached image. post-29114-0-36618000-1329039197_thumb.p

Edited by mba2012

It's such a stupid small image to post it makes it hard.

Is this better? 414580_327571243951533_221490447892947_930211_188079263_o.jpg http://www.facebook....&type=1 The plain wall was actually part of the China Town facade. In the background you can see part of the Scooby Doo show building as others have mentioned. It is definitely not the Main Street roof as that doesn't have the WB logo branded on it.

As the person that took/uploaded the image, yes that is the case...

Actually something more more descent. Castaway bay and battle boats are basically the same thing. The referb and parade for nick isn't really spending much money. They need to do something everyone wants to see and can be seen all year unlike the battle boats which are horrible in the middle of winter.

Bit offtopic but have you seen the Nick parade, the floats would not have come cheap... Edited by Jordan M

not along the lines of an attraction cost. By that standard they are cheap.

Really I think you would be surpised how much floats of that quality could cost, you could easily be talking millions because they are a one off. It's a bit like a Disney attraction, it doesn't actually cost $100million to build, its mostly the design costs that make the figure so very high. As for the wall, there was only an argument because someone felt the need to know better and big note themselves, and amazingly in the end they were wrong. Imagine that!

Hmmm Well Q1 of this year ends in March - so if shooting was going to begin within 6 weeks, i think there would be a lot more info out about it Especially given The Dark Knight Rises will include a MASSIVE publicity campaign starting late May/Early June with Hardy will play a large part in, i call bullshit to either your entire story, or at least the timeline being early this year. I dont think there is ANY chance that the ride will be themed to Mad Max. No one under the age of about 25-30yrs old has even seen Mad Max or knows the concept. You would not open a ride based on it prior to production beginning on a movie. Terrible Idea Will be DC, will be Gotham/Arkham/Batman Universe themed - you can already picture Gotham from the re-invention on Chinatown in the pics below. Very similar architecture in the movies to what they are creating at MW