Movie World new ride: JUSTICE LEAGUE: Alien Invasion 3D.

mba2012

• 2 weeks later...

Was at MW today. The Batman building had various perimeter doors open, with temp fencing and black plastic in front of these doors. Particularly from the GL queue you could see the inside was gutted, with bits dangling down from the roof. There's also a full size skip sitting around on the other side of the fence to final turn on Superman, and when on the coaster you could see it was full of theming foam and other bits of scrap. No photos sorry.

A few photos from today, the building that previously housed the simulators is now completely gutted

post-2212-0-70268500-1332496841_thumb.jp

post-2212-0-58970200-1332497783_thumb.jp

Pretty much, all these show buildings are pretty much just a clad steel frame. Bermuda is a bit different cause it was constructed different and has some solid walls but essentially you're just gonna see some black steelwork. Look at disney construction photos and you will see much the same thing.

I find it interesting that where possible they try to re-use an existing show building rather than building one from scratch that is custom designed to fit the new attraction. From what I can tell the Batman building appears to be relatively small so not quite sure what they will fit in there. Is it really that much of a cost saving not having to construct a new show building? Especially the MW type which appear to be just oversized sheds and pretty basic really. Interested if anyone can guess the cost of these structures

It's actually the opposite of what you think. The show building is a huge portion of the cost of a dark ride. By reusing the building you can save a lot of money. Theming is cheap but it's the infrastructure like the building itself, air conditioning, fire systems, electricity supply and all that which cost a fortune. This is why you also see rides with no 'ceiling' because each small room would require its own fire systems. By keeping the cieling open a main air con and fire system on the roof can cover the whole attraction.

The attraction will probably be big as they are starting construction and making announcements early as Spring isn't for months and Autumn has only recently started. My guessing would probably be a HD Justice League experience, maybe in 3D like the Spiderman ride at Universal.. What I am wondering is what villains will be used in the ride. Maybe so some Green Lantern villains to fit in with the theming in the que for the Green Lantern Coaster, or some of the villains from the 70th anniversary like Lex Luthor.

Edited by kujotess

The MovieWorld sound stages and ride/show buildings are not unlike a commercial warehouse structure. For something that houses the likes of the Looney Tunes River Ride you would be looking at anywhere between 5-10 million. I reckon the Batman structures would be $4 - $5million. I work for a company and we just moved into a new facility which includes office space and a lot of IT infrastructure. The building is 250m long by about 60m wide. Our facility cost a little over $20million. The sucky thing is the Batman building is small but more importantly really weirdly shaped. Will be really exciting to see how Movieworld adapts the building. Will there be an all new facade for example for Wayne Manor.

Was just my guestimate but i reckon $4-5 million is pretty close.... I reckon this is why Superman is so super..... I mean if you were to build Superman Escape as a brand new attraction with no existing show buildings AKA Studio Tour closing down leaving a vacant sound stage. Then one could argue that a dark ride begining would not be neccessary. So things lined up well to give us an awesome coaster/dark ride fusion... Hence my excitement thinking about what MovieWorld has been cooking up.

• 4 weeks later...

Thats way to small to be the LTRR - Its the Batman Building, The building isn't really small, It had to house the Library, The Batcave, the queue, The loading rooms and the Simulators themselves, which would have needed a bit of clear space around them for the movements

Edited by rac2703