What will replace Looney Tunes River Ride?

WED99

The only place I'd like to see a kid friendly Halloween is SW and dress it up like Disney does.

I agree. Sea World is definitely a more family friendly park than Movie World, so having a child-appropriate event for halloween similar to White Christmas would be a perfect fit. But it don't think that it would be very likely.

I agree. Sea World is definitely a more family friendly park than Movie World, so having a child-appropriate event for halloween similar to White Christmas would be a perfect fit. But it don't think that it would be very likely.

If I recall they tried a Halloween event at Sea World a few years ago, it only lasted a season so there's the answer on the popularity of that event.

I think the trouble with Hallowe'en at Sea World is there are many locations where people under cover of darkness could cause mischief.

The park is so strung out it is hard to have security keep a close watch on everything, and you risk things like contaminations to animal enclosures, people going swimming in the exhibits, and losing small penguins to the gold coast canals...

They would need to contain any such event to midway coaster-zone... and thats still a big area to rope off - laneway between castle storm, ray reef, and the two pathways around ray reef... Nope. Our sea world is not suited to these type of events.

Honestly I would love to see another River Ride based on the looney tunes. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the previous one. They could just get rid of the first part of the ride and change the track and overall story line of the ride. I am sure that Movie World would not do this though. If they are still going to build a kids driving ride then it should be based around a looney tunes village. Each road should feature a different looney tune. Maybe the ride could be like the train ride all ready at Movie World, but the train takes you on a journey through a looney tunes village. There could be animatronics and water effects. That is just my opinion on it.

I think the trouble with Hallowe'en at Sea World is there are many locations where people under cover of darkness could cause mischief.

The park is so strung out it is hard to have security keep a close watch on everything, and you risk things like contaminations to animal enclosures, people going swimming in the exhibits, and losing small penguins to the gold coast canals...

They would need to contain any such event to midway coaster-zone... and thats still a big area to rope off - laneway between castle storm, ray reef, and the two pathways around ray reef... Nope. Our sea world is not suited to these type of events.

Yay, we agree on something!

Dreamworld, Movie World, and Adventure World are the only parks suited to such "Fright Night" events, and it's no surprise they're the three parks already running these evenings. Apart from the smaller halloween events at the Luna Parks.

There are already 2 kids driving rides. Why make another one?

Is this one going to be any different?

Well for starters it's indoors, and supposedly will have an immersive theme based on a miniature version of the entire park... as opposed to the two you refer to which are not.

And to be fair, if they do an indoor kids ride, then that opens the door to demolish Speedys Tijuana Taxis, which is a nice big strip of land for a few new kids rides.

Kinda hope they put in a second(or third if you include roadrunner) bigger story/theme-based family ride.... instead of just kids-flats.

To be honest, that courtyard is a much better place for a spaceshot than where Batwing is... And it'd fit the theme - after escaping the Joker's 'treatment', you could escape Arkham Asylum in the Batwing...

You probably know this already, but I just finished the game for the first time, and that actually happens at the end of it(Batman takes off in the Batwing, and then intercepts a police transmission and goes after Two-Face).

Edited by colliric_855

And to be fair, if they do an indoor kids ride, then that opens the door to demolish Speedys Tijuana Taxis, which is a nice big strip of land for a few new kids rides.

Good point. The whole Kids Looney Tunes area could do with a revamp- it is in definite need of re-organizing and a little re-imagining. The removal of Speedy's Taxi's could be the catalyst for installing some new kids rides plus a reinvigoration of the general area.

Off Topic slightly, but last time I was at SeaWorld ( admittedly a couple of years) their Sesame Street kids area was also looking a little run down. Is there any plans to do a similar re-theme or install some new kids rides for this area?? I seem to remember that one of the rides had been removed but not replaced?

Off Topic slightly, but last time I was at SeaWorld ( admittedly a couple of years) their Sesame Street kids area was also looking a little run down. Is there any plans to do a similar re-theme or install some new kids rides for this area?? I seem to remember that one of the rides had been removed but not replaced?

Sea World got rid of the Sesame Street theme about two years ago and the area got a generic theme. I think they did a bit of a polish at the time, but nothing too major. Although they did get rid of one ride, they added a frog hopper, so the ride count is equal to 1999.

In saying that, both areas could do with some new kids rides by Zamperla, SBF or the like. With the removal of LTRR, could a Mack Twist'n'Splash fill the family water ride void? Maybe a small Wacky Worm-sized coaster could be added to Sea World taking up a small portion of that reclaimed land and the aforementioned former ride location?

If we're talking kids coasters at SW I wouldn't mind seeing something like Gipfelstürmer....basically a kids boomerang coaster that goes backwards and fowards.

Better than a wacky worm, and at least it has a point of difference to the two other kids coasters on the GC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYrtjOFZZpU

• 4 months later...

This is all very interesting. Personally I'd love to see a family ride in there that falls somewhere between Justice League and Road Runner in terms of thrill.

Based on my own kids I'd say Looney Tunes are still as relevant as ever.

Hopefully something happens soon because having rides closed with no sign of activity for a long period is a terrible look for any park I think.

Going back to the Scooby Doo ride my opinion is it is the best ride on the Gold Coast.

What lets it down however is being tied to the movie version which is out of date and rapidly becoming unknown.

I'd like to see it rejigged slightly, and commission animators to do a Scooby Doo mini episode that would include the roller coaster.

Then play it on the queue screens instead of that nauseating behind-the-scenes doco they currently use.

That way the ride stays current and the theme fits.

Great idea! I agree that with minimal investment a few things could be tweaked with Scooby, to better connect it to the ongoing and clearly very successful franchise. Unfortunately such an investment wouldn't sell any more tickets and perhaps for this reason I wouldn't expect any major changes here for some time yet. On the other hand you can bet that the old Tune Shed will be the site of MW'S next major attraction. I can't help but think there are some lingering regrets in head office surrounding the perhaps hasty decision to shelve the Tune ride without first having a clear plan for it's future. The ridiculous irony afterall that when it does oneday again throw open it's doors, my bet is Bugs and friends will once again have a headline attraction for the park that will perhaps have a similar family friendly appeal as Scooby/wild west. I am quietly thrilled that folks up top came to their senses about the driving school - the most unimaginative and pathetically executed concept and replacement to a once beloved family favourite

Yeah.

When the ride queue video is sponsored by AOL, it's time to do a bit of rejigging. Though I was pretty young when the movie came out, I still watched it loads of times for years afterwards. I love the nostalgic feeling I get every time I ride it, (though I think that may be more the fact that it was my first roller coaster than the fact that it is based on a movie I watched multiple times in primary school.) I think it might be time to move on from the 2002 movie though. It can still retain the theme from the movie, but have something else playing (a mini episode like Flea suggested) in the queue. I don't think anyone got too attached to the behind the scenes trailer anyway.

Sorry to bump an old topic but something is happening to the old LTRR. There is a large hole at the side of the building...

Like i said months ago...

Took this a few days ago where the old Marvin ride used to be.. I'm guessing this is where the entry/exit will be for the ride (probably entry). Also most likely to the right of the photo where the actual door is attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Great idea! I agree that with minimal investment a few things could be tweaked with Scooby, to better connect it to the ongoing and clearly very successful franchise. Unfortunately such an investment wouldn't sell any more tickets and perhaps for this reason I wouldn't expect any major changes here for some time yet. On the other hand you can bet that the old Tune Shed will be the site of MW'S next major attraction. I can't help but think there are some lingering regrets in head office surrounding the perhaps hasty decision to shelve the Tune ride without first having a clear plan for it's future. The ridiculous irony afterall that when it does oneday again throw open it's doors, my bet is Bugs and friends will once again have a headline attraction for the park that will perhaps have a similar family friendly appeal as Scooby/wild west. I am quietly thrilled that folks up top came to their senses about the driving school - the most unimaginative and pathetically executed concept and replacement to a once beloved family favourite

You're talking as if the car ride has been definitely scrapped, rather than just delayed... I don't think we know either way yet.

Edited by GoGoBoy

The car ride, if it does still go ahead, won't take up much of the building space. Right now it's still a big empty space that's a handy store and maintenance shed. Makes me think the kiddie cars have been scrapped all together. Mostly educated guess -I mean come on, what sort of sound business decision is this idea anyway? Also a little wishful thinking too perhaps, however I am sure I speak for most when I say nobody wants this thing. One way or another, this year we will find out for sure

Edited by MickeyD

The car ride, if it does still go ahead, won't take up much of the building space. Right now it's still a big empty space that's a handy store and maintenance shed. Makes me think the kiddie cars have been scrapped all together. Mostly educated guess -I mean come on, what sort of sound business decision is this idea anyway? Also a little wishful thinking too perhaps, however I am sure I speak for most when I say nobody wants this thing. One way or another, this year we will find out for sure

Because, you know, fuck all the family groups and people with children who want to visit the park, right? I mean how dare they be offered something to enjoy while they visit. MW should cater to enthusiasts only because, let's face it, there the only people who go to the park. not the general public, let alone anyone with a child.

We don't know that this has been scrapped. All we know is that this was delayed due to funding being needed elsewhere. Something is still on the cards for them. We do not know what yet though, (Sure maybe someone on here does) but right now, all we know is it's not announced publicly yet.

Maybe it will be the exact same plan they had before. Maybe it will be on a larger scale. Maybe it was custom designed and will fill the entire building and be really well themed. Maybe it will be a completely different ride we haven't even begun to discuss yet. Maybe the building will be knocked down and a never before seen coaster will take it's place. Right now it's all speculation, but personally I'd love to see a family ride of the same caliber with LT making a return to the park.