Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

I was there this morning as well. And could see inside the building and it's looking pretty empty. I'm not sure if there was things being stored inside it before construction work began, but now it looked like it is.

Just a couple of off topic comments that I've never noticed this morning. When on SE, just before you go through Metropolis Station in what I thought was a theme-less section of track I noticed themed pipes hanging from the roof that were separated (as if the gas had blown from them), and there was sound playing as if the gas had blown. Either this has just something that hasn't been turned on when I've ridden it, or I've just never paid attention to it.

Also, regarding WWF behind the inside section of queue, there is a door at the back (which I've noticed before), but behind it (which you can only see once on the ride), is an outdoor section of queue covered by a shade sail, and it was quite a large space. Just out of curiosity, does one know when this section of queue was last used, or is has it not been used for years now as the ride doesn't get as long of queues as it did when it first opened?

2 minutes ago, themagician said:

When on SE, just before you go through Metropolis Station in what I thought was a theme-less section of track I noticed themed pipes hanging from the roof that were separated (as if the gas had blown from them), and there was sound playing as if the gas had blown. Either this has just something that hasn't been turned on when I've ridden it, or I've just never paid attention to it.

If you're sitting in the front car, you tend to miss the pipes altogether. It's one of those effects that's only really noticeable towards the end of the train.

3 minutes ago, themagician said:

Also, regarding WWF behind the inside section of queue, there is a door at the back (which I've noticed before), but behind it (which you can only see once on the ride), is an outdoor section of queue covered by a shade sail, and it was quite a large space. Just out of curiosity, does one know when this section of queue was last used, or is has it not been used for years now as the ride doesn't get as long of queues as it did when it first opened?

Can't say when it was last used, but I vividly remember waiting in that back section about a year ago.

37 minutes ago, themagician said:

pretty sure they open that when it's really bust like in xmas holidays to extend the queue a little more.

Edited by bladex

20 minutes ago, bladex said:

welp there goes the show stage :P

What makes you say that? the way the facades have been taken down, it looks like they've taken great pains to leave showstage intact. I'd say the area is due to get a new theme to fit the new ride, so the western facades had to go, and we'll most likely see new facades appear that fit the theme of the new ride. 

Dare I say - but hopefully the new theme gives them an idea for a new show they can install into the showstage also, so the 'land' won't become another WWF with one attraction for the entire land...

Did you ever think that maybe the buildings/facades that were there before were not standalone, but instead built on to the show stage wall, hence the missing wall pieces.

I'd love that wall banner though. No idea what I'd do with it, but I love looney tunes so I need it for reasons....

Edited by reanimated35

Agreed, reanimated. Show stage should have started coming down as well by now, not just the facades carefully removed.

Expecting the show stage to be part of this new themed area, not the Western area. If the new ride does go in behind this show stage, my thoughts on the entry near the relocation of the gravestones/WWF's smoking area stand.

The next ride to be installed is clearly going into boot hill, between showstage, scooby and intencity, judging by the construction. As I mentioned (and elaborated on by Reanimated) they took care with the showstage - the panels behind the facades probably never existed and will be the only reason why they appear to be missing.

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

What makes you say that?

they are clearly dismantling it from the outside in. the reason for the finesse? they are probably going to use the pieces later in something else they are building. those panels can be used over and over again easily.

Edited by bladex

My thoughts as well GoGo. I personally haven't seen a show inside the showstage (that I can remember unless it was 20 years ago) so have only been in during fright nights but given the layouts of the mazes I can't see it being that intact during the nights, nor reason for them assembling it back together afterwards 

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic