Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

C'mon guys, they aren't gonna be sitting there for six months. I'm sure they will start assembling the ride well before that, especially when they have an entire new area to theme and decorate once they have. They won't be able to do any of that stuff prior to finalisation of the Doomsday construction work, so realistically it's gonna probably be about half that time. Hence why they probably think it's not worth putting them away in storage, as they aren't really gonna be sitting there for more than a few weeks  ?

12 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

C'mon guys, they aren't gonna be sitting there for six months. I'm sure they will start assembling the ride well before that

Still my point. They're not going to attach the "car"? "gondola"? until the arms are in place. They don't even seem to have finished the foundations yet. 

as they aren't really gonna be sitting there for more than a few weeks  

My assumption now is they've taken then from the container for an inspection and will be putting them away somewhere soon. 

14 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Still my point. They're not going to attach the "car"? "gondola"? until the arms are in place. They don't even seem to have finished the foundations yet. 

My assumption now is they've taken then from the container for an inspection and will be putting them away somewhere soon. 

Assuming that its fits back in the container.  Have you never opened something up and the god dam thing just won’t go back in.  I was there the other day and had a quick look. A dude was working on it.  Maybe there is much work to be completed before they are attached.  I think once the slab is poured it will go up quicker than a circus tent.  That slab should be poured this week.  Give the slab 1 week to do it's thing and up she goes.

23 hours ago, iwerks said:

Don't a lot of rides come with seat covers/tarps? I've seen Freefall at AW with some solid looking ones.

Its because the Freefall is a transportable ride. If you actual look underneath the ride it is still on a trailer as this ride use to travel around Germany I think. This is why it would come with seat covers for when he ride is racked.

23 minutes ago, ash.1111 said:

I'm worried. That facade seems like it should be an impressive courthouse or something. If that's the scale they're working on, then the rest of the facades won't be much.

hmm good point....to be fair though, the facade is barely finished. The trick with MW these days is to have fairly low expectations for new rides, attractions or events. Then you'll generally be impressed or happy with the outcome.

1 hour ago, ash.1111 said:

I'm worried. That facade seems like it should be an impressive courthouse or something. If that's the scale they're working on, then the rest of the facades won't be much.

Wouldn't be making a call about the quality of work when you are looking at a far from finished product. Like judging what the finished quality of a house will be when all you are looking at is the slab..

11 hours ago, Luke said:

hmm good point....to be fair though, the facade is barely finished. The trick with MW these days is to have fairly low expectations for new rides, attractions or events. Then you'll generally be impressed or happy with the outcome.

What are you talking about?  MW in general do an exceptional job on creating a new attraction or event.  The only major critical thing at the moment would be the stunt show.  I believe the stunt show is farmed out and under a contract to run a certain time frame. 

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic