2016 for Movie World

The ride looks beautiful!

Perhaps next year, during it's maintenance period, I would love to see an overhaul of Superman's themeing and surrounding ride area. Kind of like how IOA overhauled The Incredible Hulk Coaster, minus the re-tracking.

If they did such an update, this would be the dream: 1) fix the 10 year old locker problem, by making the lockers free (like universal). 2) Theme the queue to an underground/subway station platform 3) Create a new safety video 4) Upgrade all the dark-ride effects to opening day standard, and introduce more elements 5) Bring the smoke/steam effects back. 6) Place a facade over the white studio shed to make it look like the daily planet office building that is beginning to crumble under the effects of the earthquake. 7) Make the entrance look like a subway entrance

Edited by Luke

3 hours ago, Luke said:

2) Theme the queue to an underground/subway station platform  6) Place a facade over the white studio shed to make it look like the daily planet office building that is beginning to crumble under the effects of the earthquake. 7) Make the entrance look like a subway entrance

2) I thought it already was? 6) Whilst Daily Planet is very Superman-related, if the white studio wall was better being painted, I think it should be themed to a hilly landscape so it looks like Superman pushed the subway train out of the ground. 7) They would only need to add a 'subway' sign to make that happen but it would look out of place with the Superman logo signs which is necessary for guests to know where the ride entrance is.

Something I noticed when I saw leaving the park today, was there was some work happening on the grassed overflow area. There were a couple of diggers and mounds of soil that had been dug up. It was happening in the far bottom left corner.

And a progress update for the old bumper cars:

IMG_4380.JPG

IMG_4382.JPG

Hopefully a plan exists to reopen the area, allowing it to flow to Arkham.

A dysfunctional flow of Guests/ Park capacity is occurring because for whatever strategic decision, Management have refused to open the area.

I visited the Park today and had a great time as always.. Staff were friendly and I must say I am very impressed with the Ops staff on how they have improved dramatically of late?

A few things I noted from my visit:

- the bathrooms throughout the Park are sorely showing their age and for the most part, the same original facilities since opening day. I have faith this is a matter currently being addressed, evidently with the Wbs Kids zone the first to be brought into the 21st century.

I visited 3 separate facilities during my visit today and was quite alarmed by the amount of water  (err hopefully water??) walked across the floors. Whilst the tiles are no doubt coated with a non slip surface, the dirt stains and puddles make them appear so poorly presented/maintained. Clearly the Park amenities are not maintained to meet the numbers through the door. 

It should be noted that despite a significantly higher number in daily patronage over 25 years, the Park still exists with the same number of Bathroom facilities.

- Dead ends throughout the Park effecting guest flow.

A simple first step would be reopen the corridor to Arkham, put some more vendors in if need be along the way with a future plan to envelope SDSC with a path running around the back connecting the new Villains area. 

I have a gut feeling that this will become a reality sooner rather than later -and hopefully so- The addition of a much needed thrill flat at the back of the Park  will most certainly improve capacity, however unless they address the matter of Guest flow by opening up thoroughfares, Crowd activity will surely become further unbalanced with wait times fluctuating between 5-45 minutes, depending on how savvy a visitor you are not to ride with the tide

All aside, I see these as minor details and glad to see the obvious areas being addressed.  

Management are obviously doing a good job keeping the frontline happy? All going well, it's certainly shaping up to be big things ahead for MW

I don't know if that's possible anymore, @MickeyD.

I've been told the reason why the Alley is closed to the public is because of Superman Escape's fire exits, which is why they changed the access path and entrance to LW when SE was built, and also why the Alley was open only when SE was down for maintenance. 

That said, and if it's true, I don't know whether we would ever see the same access path to Arkham via the Alley as what was previously there pre-SE. As it may be considered a safety hazard?

Edited by Theme Park Girl

Seems a strange explanation, though I don't doubt it's truth. 

There are plenty of guest accessible/common areas in the park (and other buildings anywhere for that matter) that have fire exits and/or evac routes operating through them. 

I'm sure Chinatown Alley also co-existed in the early years of SE