Arkham Asylum - VR coaster at Movie World

Having something in the queue where you could pay for it is a pretty good idea. But I do hope they don't charge $10 for it. I just don't see that worth paying for. $5 for one time would be good, and I'd pay that to try it. And if they had the option for multiple use at a higher price that would be a good option to.

Yeah exactly... 

If you could tell anything the park has been doing that could be considered anything other than great things lately Id love to hear them. 

This is why the enthusiast community pisses me off most of the time. 

As for upcharge if it's an option then what's the problem? No one is forcing you do to it. And if you want to say they shouldn't make you pay more for new things then I will point out its the majority of members here that winge the entry price is too low. 

So ffs stop complaining just to complain. 

36 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Please, list the other "stupid mistakes" we should have been expecting.

- A bunch of the upcharge attractions (in particular how overpriced they are/were, some were fixed) over the road at DW
- Lack of staff around the GC theme parks even during semi-busy times of the year
- Running fewer trains than they have again even in pretty busy times, in particular SE
- Hyping up every tiny little thing that we get
- HWSD2
- The lack of fire effects on Storm

Just a bunch of little things. But I guess all the announcements the past few days seemed perfect so something had to be sacrificed, which was obviously VR being free. And I guess since it was free in America we were all expecting it here, really it was something I'd expect DW to do than MW.

Also on the lighter that means the capacity won't be ruined as I'd expect you'd have to pick up the VR at another point in the park.

Also I doubt it would happen since it would be pretty complicated to do so but it would be cool to incorporate the buttons on the harnesses with the 'game'.

I somehow doubt you'll be picking up the VR somewhere else in the park, unless your are having to leave a $200 security deposit for your headset..

think you're going off half-cocked Santa. I can get the disappointment in this being upcharge, but there is no other plethora of stupid mistakes across the VTP properties in recent times at all. 

I mean like from a booth out the front of the ride or something, I'm not sure some people would want to carry a wallet or credit card into the ride and leave it in the boxes, lockers are much more secure.

They could always hold onto your credit card if you're paying that way I guess, although cash might be a little harder.

You might be right about me overreacting. Hopefully they'll set a good price, I think $5 is fair anything over is pushing it and although under would be great 5 is probably a fair price since they'd want to make a good profit.

3 hours ago, bladex said:

sorry you'll never convert me VR wasn't designed for people with glasses :P

Granted I've never used the specific headset that they are using, but you can wear glasses underneath the headsets I've used (Oculus DK2 and HTC Vive) no problems. Is there some reason they won't let you wear glasses on the ride? Surely if they're under the headset then it's no problem.

Again what is with this negativity bullshit. Why wouldnt they let you wear glasses UNDER a headset that is fully enclosed and attached to your head?

Im all for fair discussion but some of this Movie World bashing when there is no valid reason to be negative is really starting to get annoying. 

Edited by djrappa

Tbh I'm surprised that peeps were expect the VR option to be free. All the parks charge for optional extras such as fast track, fast photos, flowrider, V8 simulators etc... so why wouldn't something like this come at an extra cost, too? 

At the end of the day, it IS optional. If you want to borrow a VR headset for your ride, you pay a rental fee to do so. Otherwise, it's the traditional rollercoaster experience ?

1 hour ago, bladex said:

where is the logic of going on a rollercoaster and pretending to be somewhere else. if i want to ride a rollercoaster i'll go on it to experience the rollercoaster :lol:

But its like saying, why theme a coaster? (Since often the intent of immersive theming is to create a sense of being in a different time or place)

But the reason theming gets done, or VR, or onboard audio etc get done on coasters is to enhance the experience or create a unique offering.

17 hours ago, Santa07 said:

If you think AA is rough, you should go ride one of the older SLCs with the traditional restraints still on it...

I rode Kong at Discovery Kingdom in May, prefer it to Arkham even with Kong having the old style SLC restraints due to no pressure on legs from the restraint. As for roughness, it was actually not that bad.

As for the up-charge I don't see a problem with it. The headsets aren't exactly cheap and the money is being spent on a custom VR experience for this ride I can't blame the park for wanting to try and get back some of the money from the cost of it. The amount of stuff coming can't all be paid for with passes that are stupidly cheap.

9 hours ago, AllegroCrab said:

Granted I've never used the specific headset that they are using, but you can wear glasses underneath the headsets I've used (Oculus DK2 and HTC Vive) no problems. Is there some reason they won't let you wear glasses on the ride? Surely if they're under the headset then it's no problem.

I'm short-sighted and I've never tried VR so tell me if I'm wrong, but I thought I heard somewhere that the VR headsets have some focus filter on them so people with long-sightedness can adjust it?

So basically this will be seated watching a screen while you are moved around by external forces...  Didn't they have that before JL3D?

I am just confused as to why you would take a coaster which is designed with close calls to objects like poles, other structures, etc and make it essentially a motion simulator...

" Simulator rides work by showing a film and moving at the same time."

Don't get me wrong I will definitely try this at least once, but the whole idea is still confusing to me :huh:

• Richard changed the title to Arkham Asylum - VR coaster at Movie World