Thunder River Rapids incident at Dreamworld

Brad2912

1 minute ago, reanimated35 said:

Surely the only way for that to have happened is for people to up up out of their seats or being silly? I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but given the hundreds of thousands of people who have successfully negotiated that ride beforehand, surely something was up?

You say raft slipped. What about the anti-rollbacks that were recently installed? it can't have slipped that far on it's own to eject someone, surely?

It's confirmed to be the rapids

Another report has confirmed all 4 people have died - I surely hope not :(

We are not holding a press conference at 4pm. We will advise media when this time is set. We are also not confirming anything further.

https://twitter.com/QPSmedia

Four people have been critically injured at #Dreamworld. There is nothing further we can confirm at this stage.

Edited by Jordan M.

Been following the breaking news of this incident since numerous people brought it to my attention via my blog this afternoon. Absolutely shocked and stunned. Feeling numb also over the "what ifs" running through my head. I was at the park for a few hours today, and walked past the River Rapids ride approximately 10 minutes prior to this incident taking place. Hubby and I considered going on it on the way out, but ultimately decided not to. Arrived home to this breaking news.

Can't believe it.....

Edited by Theme Park Girl

• Richard changed the title to Thunder River Rapids incident at Dreamworld