Dreamworld reopening - the summer season

wipeout94

See gloating and taking joy in lower attendance, as well as extrapolating that to mean the park is doomed is obviously a silly attitude to have.  Having said that it's pretty clear that the park is much quieter than normal, to deny it is just willingly putting your head in the sand for the sake of an argument.  

The important thing is these return to open days are pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.  We really won't have much of an idea of what's going on with attendance until February rolls around. 

Would seem I do @AlexB that being said I would be wearing shoes and have a full on backpack for my camera when visiting the parks.

Anyone who talks down the attendance figures is clearly an idiot. Being so close the Christmas there is already a lot happening for people (Christmas parties, shopping, etc) the numbers they got aren't that bad especially considering the park isn't in full operation.

Good to see they are doing their extended trading hours this summer too.

INTRODUCING THE FIRE MACHINE SPECTACULAR

This summer, Dreamworld is opening from 9am – 9pm!

From 26 December (Boxing Day) until 15 January, 2017, watch the park light up with the Australian Premier of THE FIRE MACHINE spectacular at 8:30pm each night.

We invite you to take a trip to another dimension with the incredible pyrotechnics and special effects display with the blazing world of The Fire Machine. This spectacular is all brought together by one of Australia’s master-storyteller, Ignatius Jones, and music by the DJ Peewee Ferris and fireworks by Foti International.

Entry is all inclusive
When you stay late, you don’t have to pay more. All valid tickets and passes allow you to enjoy Dreamworld from 9am until 9pm from 26th December until 15th January, 2017.

14 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Kevil Hill: Zombie Evolution has also appeared on the maintenance page. The maintenance page says it is closed but the ride page implies it is open during school holidays.

I can confirm that Kevil Hill is open during the holidays as of right now.

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

After visiting today it's certainly strange when the Pandamonium soft style queue is longer than the hard style queue (and I mean, much longer seeing it was almost running with full loads at one point and the hard style queue only had 4-5 people in it). Park was pretty deserted overall. WWW had a few people, most slides were walk-ons, I think the rain drove a lot of people away today.

Supertubes was open too despite being closed according to their website.

• Richard changed the title to Dreamworld reopening - the summer season
  • Gazza locked this topic