Revised Dreamworld Map - no Rocky Hollow Log Ride

themagician

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Remember DW said they were spending 55 million in the lead up to the Commonwealth games. They have spent 7 million on TI, ?? on Lego store. So there could be a big attraction coming soon. DW do spend money, it just might not be in the area you want. IE referbishments

but remember they were going to spend 55 million before the thunder river rapids accident

the park was closed for 6 weeks witch has lost ardent a lot of money

and they now have a another SBNO ride maybe 2 SBNO rides they now have to plan to remove

and a whole section of the park now SBNO

I don't see them still having 55 million that was planned to be spent let alone the extra $$$ needed to deal with the removal and future replacement of gold rush country

4 hours ago, JeffreyMoore said:

to be honest I seriously doubt dreamworld will ever spend the money it would take to build a new flume or river rapids ride

Surely not another river rapids, just out of respect, but another log flume would be well within their budget, surely? If the 55 million figure is correct, that opens their options to a fairly decent coaster, let alone a log flume. (Forgive me, I'm not 100% sure on the construction costs of a flume. It's been a while since the GC has had a new one...)

I'd say not for a good while just because it would be in bad taste, but a new log flume or water ride should definitely be on the agenda.

1 minute ago, jake_hunt said:

Surely not another river rapids, just out of respect, but another log flume would be well within their budget, surely? If the 55 million figure is correct, that opens their options to a fairly decent coaster, let alone a log flume. (Forgive me, I'm not 100% sure on the construction costs of a flume. It's been a while since the GC has had a new one...)

I'd say not for a good while just because it would be in bad taste, but a new log flume or water ride should definitely be on the agenda

we can hope we may see a new flume or water ride in the future but its unlikely

the 55 million budget was before the thunder river rapids accident

after been closed for 6 weeks and the lost money it has cost ardent

i don't think they will be spending the planed 55 million now

and the 55 million didn't include having to remove and replace the thunder river rapids with a new ride in the future

4 minutes ago, jake_hunt said:

True, but I don't think a log flume is quite as expensive as you're making out. Considering that Storm Coaster cost $20 million, then Dreamworld should have enough in their budget for a far less-ambitious water ride, even accounting for the LEGO Store, Tiger Island and the costs of the TRR incident.

and i hope they do

the CEO said that they have not yet made any plans to when and how TRR will be removed yet

we will just have to wait and see what the future holds

That was not my point in any way shape or form. DW said they are spending 55 million in the lead up to the games. This money would have already been spent. TI, LS, rumoured WWW slide tower and stuff already planed. Which will still happen because deposits have been paid and contracts signed well in advanced. New rides that were planed a few years ago could be getting built by manufactures now. Like AW's MI3 (flat ride) is being built overseas now and it won't open till September next year. A replacement for TRRR or the log flume will not happen for at least 3 years. You can't just build a new ride straight after. You need to shop around and then get designed done, contracts signed and then the manufactures need to start building the ride. 

Plus replacing TRRR or that area would be the last thing on their mind. They are focusing on reopening the WHOLE park and regaining the public's confidence. Plus they are still investigating the TRRR accident. How bad would it look if DW announce a new major ride now. They would need to wait anyway until they have regained all the publics trust and when they feel enough time has passed. Hence why I believe we are not hearing anything from MW regarding the roller coaster announcement.

My original point was that dreamworld are spending big bucks. Just not in what some of us want. (A big massive roller coaster) They are spending the money on making massive refurbishments which are greatly improving the park and I believe the Gold rush area was going to be the next area to be refurbished anyway.

6 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

DW said they are spending 55 million in the lead up to the games. This money would have already been spent. TI, LS, rumoured WWW slide tower and stuff already planed. Which will still happen because deposits have been paid and contracts signed well in advanced. New rides that were planed a few years ago could be getting built by manufactures now. Like AW's MI3 (flat ride) is being built overseas now and it won't open till September next year.

this is complete speculation on your part tho

we will just have wait see what happens in the future

3 hours ago, T-bone said:

I find really odd that they are saying that the ride is inaccessible, when the only reason it is inaccessible is due to the newly constructed fence trying to hide the log ride from view, the immediate pathways leading to it are still as per normal.

There's still a few paths you can see the log ride from. 

2R8A1295.jpg

1 hour ago, themagician said:

If you walk down the ramp you can see it

IMG_5721.JPG

IMG_5722.JPG

Rocky hollow has only been closed tho remember 

The thunder river rapids  have been blocked from view becouse 4 poor soles lost there lives 

Now we wait and see how long the plan for its removal from the park may take to happen

There ceo has said they have not made any plans to this happening yet 

Is it possible that the RHLR and TRRR, are/were constructed using the same techniques and or had the same maintenance procedures over the years; and as result of recent tragedies/audits have condemned both to never re open? Of course these speculated details about the RHLR would never be released if they were true, unless Dreamworld wishes for their dwindling closure along side with millions of 'speculated' or 'reported' complaints about either rides " twenty something years ago...". 

I just talked to a lady in the gold rush shop, my friend and I were buying a few things there and struck up conversation with the lady in there. 

I asked about the log ride as it is a warm day, she said it passed all the safety checks but they have decided to keep it closed and that eventually something else will go there. 

14 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

I'd think the issue is more that it was an in-house design, and while being 99.99% safe, they're taking the "better safe than sorry" approach, especially if it's found that the design/construction of TRR contributed in any way to the accident. 

I'm thinking its 100% safe but how do you stop people from being dickheads.  Press was already linking it when the last dickhead stood up and fell out.  What damage would it cause DW if another idiot stood up and fell out so soon after opening back up.  Unless DW can come up with a way to restrain the guest I think the log has been flushed for the last time.

6 hours ago, bammrwolfe said:

I just talked to a lady in the gold rush shop, my friend and I were buying a few things there and struck up conversation with the lady in there. 

I asked about the log ride as it is a warm day, she said it passed all the safety checks but they have decided to keep it closed and that eventually something else will go there. 

Although this is supposedly a DW staff member, I'm taking this with a grain of salt until DW makes an announcement regarding Rocky Hollow.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this Facebook comment made by DW about the Rocky Hollow Log Ride a more definite indication that they may re-open it in the future?

At this stage the Log Ride is still undergoing the auditing and safety procedures. Keep a look out on the main Facebook page for the all ride updates.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan