DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

GeForce would be a fine addition to any park, even Holiday Park, it might be running when the original GeForce is broken down, derailed, lift hill problem they've never seen before lol.

But a GeForce coaster doesn't give marketers a lot to work with as in it's not the biggest, or fastest, or does the most loops, not number 1 on Golden Tickets and so on.

I guess time will tell as to what MW will be building, maybe soon there'll be no hiding it or they'll just tell us.

AAAAAHHHHH   GeForce is not the coaster I think is going into MW and it never was.  I picked the easiest coaster off Richard’s list to trace and scale.  It was just an example of a top 10 ride fitting in the area.   I know what MW is building.  PD Online isn’t my only source for information.:o

Edited by skeetafly

I know it's not GeForce or even an approximation of such. It will be interesting to see what Intamin crams in there and whether it will have a very high point initially and then stay low to the ground like Intimidator 305 (and no, I don't think it will be a copy of I305). Though, personally I love the big airtime hills like Superman at Six Flags New England after the first turnaround.

Doubt it fits the definition of "world's best" but after riding Lost Gravity a couple of weeks ago, would love to see something like that make its way to Movie World. Just a fun, messed up coaster that keeps surprising you even after a dozen rides.

If the Mack rumour is true something like Helix or Blue Fire would be an excellent addition, though who knows if they want (gasp) two launched coasters...

If the Mack rumour is true something like Helix or Blue Fire would be an excellent addition, though who knows if they want (gasp) two launched coasters...

Didn't stop Liseberg, SFMM, CP....

I think Kings Domnion wins with having 3 launched coasters, plus the defunct Hypersonic XLC.

Edited by Gazza

8 hours ago, aaronm said:

Doubt it fits the definition of "world's best" but after riding Lost Gravity a couple of weeks ago, would love to see something like that make its way to Movie World. Just a fun, messed up coaster that keeps surprising you even after a dozen rides.

DW has two launched coasters...

wait no it doesn't. It has one launched coaster and one tried-to-be-coaster-but-doesn't-deserved-to-be-called-one

If MW was to get a hypercoaster next year, what do you think the theme will be? I'm hoping it's not another superhero themed ride. But there's a good chance it will be, as both Wonder Woman and Justice League movies are being released late next year. I understand it makes perfect business sense.....but it's just superhero overload. I know superheroes are all the rage atm people, but as a themepark there needs to be balance!

I'm hoping for something unique. I'd love a Mad Max theme with a well themed surrounding area. I think Mad Max suits a hypercoaster's extreme thrills and grandeur. Or perhaps an original theme, that's not IP based. Like how Wild Wild West Falls is just themed after the western movie genre. 

25 minutes ago, Luke said:

If MW was to get a hypercoaster next year, what do you think the theme will be? I'm hoping it's not another superhero themed ride. But there's a good chance it will be, as both Wonder Woman and Justice League movies are being released late next year. I understand it makes perfect business sense.....but it's just superhero overload. I know superheroes are all the rage atm people, but as a themepark there needs to be balance!

I'm hoping for something unique. I'd love a Mad Max theme with a well themed surrounding area. I think Mad Max suits a hypercoaster's extreme thrills and grandeur. Or perhaps an original theme, that's not IP based. Like how Wild Wild West Falls is just themed after the western movie genre. 

I'd be expecting a launched coaster themed to the Flash to carry on the JL theming. It just fits given the location and proximity to Batwing, GL, Justice League etc. 

I'm curious to see what happens in 5-10 years when the license for JL expires though. New rides or a bunch of re-themes. 

I'd give it also that same 5-10 years for all WB branding to be removed and swapped over to Village Roadshow Theme Parks. It's already starting with the staff uniforms, pass memberships, and now the eServe dining. I'm guessing we'll soon see "Village Roadshow's Movie Park Australia" 

Seeing as WB and Village Roadshow have close ties, that Village co-finances some of the WB films and coproduces and helps distribute them. WB don't even have a movie division here in Aus everything is done through Village. 

Based on that I don't think we'll see too many themes changing in the park. Although VRTP do have to pay WB to hold the theme park Licenses. 

Regarding the park changing its name, maybe but it has such heritage now, probably unlikely. It could just drop the Warner Bros. tag though, everyone just refers to it as Movie World. 

On 7/16/2016 at 0:00 AM, Gazza said:

Didn't stop Liseberg, SFMM, CP....

I think Kings Domnion wins with having 3 launched coasters, plus the defunct Hypersonic XLC.

Good point. If the new coaster has a launch, it will most likely be a magnetic launch.....and a very fast one at that. Especially if it's going to be a hypercoaster. And yeah then it makes sense to theme it to The Flash. I wonder if the GP will think of it as 'just another superman', because of the launch and similar track style (given the rumours that it's either a Mack or Intamin become true). Hmm i wonder if it's going to be a semi-shuttle...e.g. 

Edited by Luke

22 minutes ago, skeetafly said:

Whoever put this up has no idea.

HaHa.PNG

Mack Rides wrote an article in a German paper not long ago.  Lucky for you I can read German.  To sum it if you want to place an order with Mack, you will be placed onto a 2 ½ year waiting list.   

Do you have that links o the archival by any chance?

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz featured and unfeatured this topic
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic