DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

^LOL it just scrapes in, though with a drop of 190.3 feet I'm appealing for a disqualication, but it might start sinking like Magnum (now there's an old chestnut coaster myth) and drop under 200 feet.

If they're building something like this I hope they build it bigger and perhaps with even more to it. Though Lewa Adventure's one looks pretty damn good in it's own right, will have to see if there's any reviews of it anywhere. 

Just now, downunder said:

^LOL it just scrapes in, though with a drop of 190.3 feet I'm appealing for a disqualication, but it might start sinking like Magnum (now there's an old chestnut coaster myth) and drop under 200 feet.

If they're building something like this I hope they build it bigger and perhaps with even more to it. Though Lewa Adventure's one looks pretty damn good in it's own right, will have to see if there's any reviews of it anywhere. 

There is one of sorts in a thread about the park on TPR

Long time lurker and seldom poster so I know this will be taken with a grain of salt.

I've just seen the locality plan and track layout that were released in May.

This is one big coaster. Load/Unload appears to be across the road from Justice League with track following the road all the way out to the entry and turning right towards AOS

I'll post more details if I can.

Edited by loki75

^^Sounds quite believable to me, and welcome to the forum from your lurker netherworld.

I checked out TPR and saw someone I know has been on Flash at Lewa LOL. They said some good things about it, but didn't rate it a top 5 coaster in the world. Let's turn it up MW.

I'm still holding hope those Mack boxes were a diversion for Intamin's crowning glory (disclaimer: I am joking). 

1 hour ago, loki75 said:

Long time lurker and seldom poster so I know this will be taken with a grain of salt.

I've just seen the locality plan and track layout that were released in May.

This is one big coaster. Load/Unload appears to be across the road from Justice League with track following the road all the way out to the entry and turning right towards AOS

I'll post more details if I can.

*adds grain of salt*

Welcome. What you've said about the specifics - load\unload, going out and turning right is fairly easy to surmise just from the aerial shots from Nearmap posted in this thread. I'm keen to discover how you've seen the actual plan and layout... and what further you can share?

14 minutes ago, AlexB said:

*adds grain of salt*

Welcome. What you've said about the specifics - load\unload, going out and turning right is fairly easy to surmise just from the aerial shots from Nearmap posted in this thread. I'm keen to discover how you've seen the actual plan and layout... and what further you can share?

Agreed that info can be surmised from the current pics.

I've seen the plan/layout from the tender docs from someone who works at a reo company.

Lift hill appears to run along the road from Justice League to GL then makes 90 degree turn right goes through some loops and or rolls (Plans are birds eye view only. No elevation) runs out towards the front then right down to AOS and then comes back along a similar path circling around the loop/roll feature and then under the lift hill following it part of the way before breaking left to circle back into the station.

If the plans aren't confidential I'll post them.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic