DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

@loki75  I wouldn't be uploading any plans to parkz just yet.  I know when I tender out jobs that require the project to be discreet, I get builders to sign privacy forms.  There are a few people on this site who have seen the final or concept plans and you need to ask yourself why haven’t those people uploaded what they have.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

Agree - even if you don't work for the reo company, the Park will know which company that is, which may be evidence enough to get them on breach of contract for confidentiality.

Per Skeet's post above though - a few here have seen layout and concepts, but as employees of the park would be far more tightly controlled.

What we need is someone who gets the plans anonymously, removes all content that identifies where it came from (logos, company names etc) and then posts them.

We're still at grain of salt terms here, but if the confirmed details later released match what you've just said we'll all be suitably impressed.

I must admit the first thing I did was check the length on the run you suggest as the lift hill. It's about 130 metres from the back end of the JL building to the driveway\entrance road. Assuming a 200ft height, and cutting 30 metres off the length for turns, you've got about 330ft, which would give you a lift hill of 385 feet or about 117 metres. I didn't think they'd fit a lift hill in this space, and thought the lift would run parallel to the entrance road, reserving the JL laneway for 'just a stationhouse' - but it does fit.

I guess this gives us one thing - we are looking at a lift, not a launch... or are we?

edit: I had thought someone had mentioned very closely spaced piles drilled along the entrance drive - which suggested to me that is where we would see lift\launch... but i can't seem to see any pictures of this section of construction.

If anyone is stopping by anytime soon, it would be great if you could get pictures of the construction areas closer to GL, with particular attention to the piles \ footings, both down by JL and along the driveway leading away from GL.

6 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I must admit the first thing I did was check the length on the run you suggest as the lift hill. It's about 130 metres from the back end of the JL building to the driveway\entrance road. Assuming a 200ft height, and cutting 30 metres off the length for turns, you've got about 330ft, which would give you a lift hill of 385 feet or about 117 metres. I didn't think they'd fit a lift hill in this space, and thought the lift would run parallel to the entrance road, reserving the JL laneway for 'just a stationhouse' - but it does fit.

I did the math using your numbers, and a stretch of land and height of that size would equate to a lift hill with ascent of about 30˚, which is a pretty realistic angle.

Wait is this what you're saying? 

If so do you guys think it would be like flash's drop, or like coaster through the clouds drop ??

Screenshot_2016-11-02-14-08-28.png

Snapchat-6407694837171775586.jpg

Sorry if the photo is a bit blurry, but those are the different angles of elevation of the lift hill at 60m, 70m and 80m. Do you guys think that an angle of 37-38 ° is to steep or its normal?

Edited by Ryande16

48 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

I have thought of doing that but skeet is a bit scared that @Richardwould give him up.

What you need is a bit of chinese whispers...

you get them, remove identifying information, and pass them to someone else, who passes them to someone else, who posts them. plausible deniability... ;)

9 minutes ago, razza1987 said:

I am excited for a new coaster but the thought of a coaster that high off the ground terrifies me. I could probably do it if it was a launch coaster but going slowly up a hill that high is a daunting task. This is coming from someone afraid of heights and closing her eyes on the cyclone climb lol

Haha i feel your pain. I'm terrified of heights aswell, but the adrenaline rush you get on a rollercoaster is definitely worth it. I remember making that long slow climb up Goliath at SFMM, it still gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. 

Maybe it'll have a fast cable lift hill like Intimidator? ;);)( wink)

A big ride that high with that turnaround would give an insane view to look at when you're at the top, and an impressive view when your driving in. Does anyone know any hyper coasters that have a turn around like this? Coaster through the clouds has a 180-degree turn while this looks like a 90-degree turn.

42 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Wondering if @loki75 may have a confirmed track distance on his plans at all..

@Brad2912 sorry no distance mentioned. I have the full tender zip file now which I guess some other people here have and they would have read the cover letter telling them to keep quiet about the project and have done so.

2 hours ago, Intimidator305. said:

Does anyone know any hyper coasters that have a turn around like this? Coaster through the clouds has a 180-degree turn while this looks like a 90-degree turn.

My guess is it will be a turn 90-degrees then a straight drop down or a turning drop kind of similar to Scream at SFMM.

IMG_0574.JPG

From rides like Denominator, very similar, these drops are relly fun. If you sit on the right side seat, you kind of hang down and you feel like your freefalling sideways instead of just a traditional drop like most hypercoasters. It's great to see Mack experimenting with rides. On this scale, a drop like that would be insane. 

3 hours ago, Intimidator305. said:

Maybe it'll have a fast cable lift hill like Intimidator? ;);)( wink)

A big ride that high with that turnaround would give an insane view to look at when you're at the top, and an impressive view when your driving in. Does anyone know any hyper coasters that have a turn around like this? Coaster through the clouds has a 180-degree turn while this looks like a 90-degree turn.

Expedition g force does a 90 degree turn on its first drop

https://rcdb.com/977.htm#p=30695

It's funny, I think EGF is the only hyper with a twisting drop.

Edited by Gazza

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic