Richard

DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

4,207 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Hmm. Surely there's already plenty of twists and rolls (for those who enjoy that sort of thing) on Green Lantern.

You need to remember GL's inversions are slow with lots of hang time - almost gentle. I wouldn't mind one or two fast-paced, intense rolls on the new coaster. Sure, AA has them, but sometimes it's a little rough - this coaster I'm sure will be glossy smooth.

I'd choose an airtime hill over a loop any day, but I won't be fussed if they add a few inversions. I've never experienced it but I heard the heart line roll on Blue Fire is pretty intense & good. 

32 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Hmm. Surely there's already plenty of twists and rolls (for those who enjoy that sort of thing) on Green Lantern.

What would be wrong with just some pleasant ups and downs at moderàte speed? It wouldn't really live up to any movie theme, but at least it would be enjoyable as well as providing some interesting views.

Arent there moderate speed gentle ups and downs on Roadrunner, and start of Scooby Doo?

Posted (edited)

Is it just me or am i the only person that loves to experience extreme whiplash and getting thrown around on a coaster? 

2 hours ago, xRazzBerryx said:

I'd choose an airtime hill over a loop any day, but I won't be fussed if they add a few inversions. I've never experienced it but I heard the heart line roll on Blue Fire is pretty intense & good. 

Only if its ejector airtime, besides that i'd much prefer a heart line roll any day of the week, especially if you're going through it at over 80kms/h!!

Edited by Ryande16

2 hours ago, Ryande16 said:

Is it just me or am i the only person that loves to experience extreme whiplash

The only people who say they love extreme whiplash are people who have never experienced extreme whiplash... 

3 hours ago, Ryande16 said:

Is it just me or am i the only person that loves to experience extreme whiplash

Yeah it's just you, Most people prefer to be uninjured when they get off a rollercoaster.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Pd46 said:

Yeah it's just you, Most people prefer to be uninjured when they get off a rollercoaster.

Thats half the experience though, obviously not getting injured but a bit of head banging and whiplash makes it fun IMO! That's why Lethal weapon back in the day and X2 are my favourite rides.

Edited by Ryande16

That's not extreme whiplash. 

Extreme whiplash is a car rear-ending you at 60km/h when your sitting stationary

@JaggedJanine It wouldn't surprise me.  I arrived back on the coast last night and did a drive through on my way home and noticed they had a few supports put together inside of the compound.  I also noticed they are asphalting between the new concrete crossover and the rear of the car park.

26 minutes ago, AlexB said:

sounds like i need to make a trip down there tomorrow to poke around.

And still no announcement.  MW management meeting.  “Nothing to see here move along”

MW can’t blame people if the start blurting what they know.  I know I can only hold my breath for so long.

Which section of the supports are they installing? Like the location? I can't tell. 

1 minute ago, djrappa said:

I figure today would be an amazing day to head down and see coaster nerds in their natural habbitat in all their glory, cameras pushed up to the fence :P

I don't even have a camera but the fence will leave an impression on my face sometime today.

10 minutes ago, jack.c said:

Which section of the supports are they installing? Like the location? I can't tell. 

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.thumb.png.66942c86270600e6bbcbe6acb7bc0507.png

Is this correct @Theme Park Girl ?

Just now, Ryande16 said:

Didnt  realise how quick they can put them in. They could easily put in another 5 by the end of the day.

Yeah, the ones low to the ground really don't require too much effort to put in place. Of course, the larger ones will probably take a fair bit longer to line up properly (and will most certainly need a bigger crane).

Posted (edited)

Great to see the supports going up but it's sad to see no announcement :( Some parks overseas have just announced their 2018 rides, and yet we're still waiting on one that is opening in 5 months.. 

IMG_2803.JPG

Edited by xRazzBerryx