DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

Some cool points from the live stream:

- They will be focusing on the lift hill now that the NI loop is finished  

- construction will be much more faster moving forward. 

- the car park will be filled with more tracks and pieces for further construction this week. 

- They will be live streaming the train arrival (which will arrive in the car park and assembled for everyone to see)

- they will live stream the final track being installed for the lift hill. 

43 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Is he giving her a flower?  My bad it's a strange microphone.

Small lavalier (lapel) style microphone (it just has a very large wind cover\shield\screen\poffle). Probably all they have to work with their equipment - but when you have two people talking, they have to share it, so that would be why he's holding it - she moves away a couple times and you can see him move closer to her throughout to keep the levels right.

If they plan to do more things like this in the future, it probably wouldn't hurt them to invest in a handheld wireless microphone.

Love that they're doing this, albeit late by our standards, to keep driving the hype(r) train.

My only critique (because I wouldn't be a fan boy without picking something to whinge about) I'd have loved to have them give a bit of a comparison with the lift hill - Greg said over 60 metres \ just higher than batwing - but batwing wasn't in the shot so it was impossible for people to do a good comparison - i'd have loved to have him say either 'twice as high as green lantern' or otherwise 'almost twice as high as those supports you currently see'

I do however think it was great that they shot it just as the NIL was being capped off. a few minutes earlier and they might have caught it lifting into position, which would have been cool to see. I wonder which piece will be the last one in?

For those who want to see it:

Nice they're doing incremental updates like this, but for the love of allah that mic situation needs to be rectified. I'm pretty sure there's a Rode mic for an iPhone and a DJI Osmo floating around somewhere... #elevateyourproduction #wouldlovetoseemoreengagement #goodjobsofar #justwantthebestitsnothingpersonal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slick said:

Nice they're doing incremental updates like this, but for the love of allah that mic situation needs to be rectified. I'm pretty sure there's a Rode mic for an iPhone and a DJI Osmo floating around somewhere... #elevateyourproduction #wouldlovetoseemoreengagement #goodjobsofar #justwantthebestitsnothingpersonal

^This! I just want MW to do the best they can with marketing this coaster. I'd love for them to do proper cinematic style incremental videos (check out Efteling's coverage of Baron 1898).

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

@jack.c What is the Flying Aces like to ride?

I've never ridden flying aces. I'm referring to the overall look of the loop compared to flying aces, which I feel ours looks more appealing to the eye and somewhat more of a "solid" feel to it. 

Edited by jack.c

• joz locked this topic