DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

14 minutes ago, bladex said:

which is too far away the coaster will be ready next year so it will be themed to a DC movie out next year which will be WW or AM.

Aqua man isn't out until October 2018 so on your logic the only option is Wonder Woman. 

Dont forget the Justice League movie comes out at the end of next year which will have Flash & Aquaman 

You never know... it could be true.... Things that are highly unlikely and seem impossible are sometimes true... But I guess we'll never actually find out. If they do announce it, do you think they are going to say; "Well, we were going to call it (BLANK) but because of the Dreamworld incident decided to go with (BLANK)".  So it doesn't really matter if GCTVs telling the truth or not.

Edited by Intimidator305.

10 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I'd happily see the coaster be themed to WW. 

I dont particularly think it will happen, but I think it would be a great choice, and a unique one at that 

I agree.

If the DC theme is being followed the WW and Flash would be logical choices. WW is currently celebrating her 75th anniversary and the movie is out next year which gives a promotional opportunity to jump on the back of.

At this rate we may see track before an announcement and the colour of the track may help with the guessing.

2 minutes ago, mba2012 said:

As long as you can keep the same colour on the track and supports and any other elements that you've ordered already. 

When I was first told they changed the theme it made me think that not a lot of theming was planned or it wasn't done at the stage of changing plans for the coasters name and theme 

12 hours ago, GCTV Parks said:

I'm told by an insider that they had a title and theme for the coaster but changed it due to the incident at Dreamworld and have delayed the announcement till early next year 

It might be time for you to get a new insider.  My insider said your insider is full of shit.

I do crave a good themed ride but there comes a point when the ride is that good, it doesn’t need much theming, if any.

Just now, Luke said:

:( dammit! I'm going to MW next week. Fingers crossed it does indeed open up on the Friday. No more push backs please Movieworld.

I was supposed to be going tomorrow but they pushed it to Next Monday, So i moved the day i was going to then. But guess what happened? They pushed it back again!!! I know why Doomsday keeps on getting pushed back but Im a bit confused on why Scooby-Doo is now. :/

2 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

It might be time for you to get a new insider.  My insider said your insider is full of shit.

I do crave a good themed ride but there comes a point when the ride is that good, it doesn’t need much theming, if any.

My insider is a friend so I do believe them but you never really know, we must remember that information isn't readily told to staff. 

On another note I'm most certainly excited to see what this coaster turns out to be 

1 hour ago, GCTV Parks said:

My insider is a friend so I do believe them but you never really know, we must remember that information isn't readily told to staff. 

Actually, a lot of information IS told to staff. They just keep their mouths shut, something which as we've discussed many times, they are contractually obligated to do. Perhaps because your friend knew you were likely to take that news and blab it all over a public forum, they spun you a little bullshit to keep you occupied and have a laugh.

I think it's worth recapping for the newcomers that parks in Australia have an unhealthy relationship (compared to the rest of the industry globally) with Apple-like secrecy for major projects.

For all intents and purposes, those who know all the facts aren't going to risk their careers and working relationships just to be the first with the scoop. It's not like it's a big industry with alternate career possibilities for whistleblowers either, if you burn one bridge chances are you'll burn most of them in the process.

Here's a hot tip - if a community leader calls bullshit, well, it most probably is. :P

In saying that, it's not like fun little hints aren't dropped all the time that immediately go over people's heads. 

TLDR - pay attention to the folks who have been around here for a while.

1 hour ago, ClassifiedLlama said:

I know why Doomsday keeps on getting pushed back but Im a bit confused on why Scooby-Doo is now. :/

it would be the new restrictions the inspectors would keep finding something they think would need to be changed. they are super strict now because of TRR they just won't take any chances anymore if they find something they think needs to be changed on ANY ride they will tell ARD/VRS right away now and it has to be done or no ride re-open.

Edited by bladex

4 minutes ago, Intimidator305. said:

What does this mean?

All one has to do is read back over the green lantern discussion threads to see how obvious hints like 'you'd have to be el loco not to' etc etc. Reading those threads you can see just how many people were hinting at what Green Lantern was - and very few people got the hint for a very long time.

9 minutes ago, Slick said:

I think it's worth recapping for the newcomers that parks in Australia have an unhealthy relationship (compared to the rest of the industry globally) with Apple-like secrecy for major projects.

For all intents and purposes, those who know all the facts aren't going to risk their careers and working relationships just to be the first with the scoop. It's not like it's a big industry with alternate career possibilities for whistleblowers either, if you burn one bridge chances are you'll burn most of them in the process.

Here's a hot tip - if a community leader calls bullshit, well, it most probably is. :P

In saying that, it's not like fun little hints aren't dropped all the time that immediately go over people's heads. 

TLDR - pay attention to the folks who have been around here for a while.

But they're just a clique of people that downvote everyone!

14 hours ago, MickeyD said:

And no offense but  WW is anything but.. I mean can you imagine ppl talking about "have you been on the new WW ride at MW?!?" haha yeah doesn't QUITE work

Oh the conflict this would create for today's PC brigade. On one hand you're taking the progressive step of naming a major attraction after a female superhero. On the other hand, you're objectifying women by taking a ride on Wonder Woman.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic