Sign in to follow this  
Gold Coast Amusement Force

Arkham Assylum Facade work

66 posts in this topic

T-bone, I couldn't have put it better. 

I will take it a little further though, with a reminder of the gross stupidity of appointing a CEO (or anyone senior in a theme park business) who has no previous theme park experience. 

How dumb can you get!

Probably because an experienced theme park CEO wouldn’t want to go near Ardent/DW knowing the lack of investment/resources, the negative public perception and the mountain in front in terms of timeframe to begin to move forwards. They’d rather keep their rep in tact that be associated with a disfunction parent company who invariable control his/her ability to do the job right. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ash said:

Bring back the Looney river ride I say, was wicked for the family back in the day, kids area needs a revamp.

It was a whole lot more in keeping with the theme of the park, and much better suited to a theme park generally. The junior driving school is absolutely out of place. 

• Like 2

100% agree, the theming in the driving school is half decent, although we have wild west, the likes of bermuda triangle and the Looney ride were wicked. I remember going on the triangle for the first time when It was near new, was the best ride most people I knew had been on

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

bT was by far the best ride I've been on in Australia, and one of the best I've been on in the world! 

It truly was something special. I remember talking to my school buddies around the time it opened and everyone was raving about it. 

• Like 1

Storm coaster just doesn't do it justice, I for one love a good 5 minute ride. The build up in the opening area when there were 60 people in the room or so on, then onto the deck that spun. Was amazing. Whichever theme park does this again will have my vote, coasters are cool, I was in Japan a year ago, and even jurassic ride was nothing compared to bermuda. Obviously Disneyland is up there. But we need more rides like we used to have. It seems cheap and nasty what we have now even though it's not bit more theming is what I love to see. Interaction is key for me, personal opinion.

On 13/02/2019 at 8:22 AM, MickeyD said:

[snip]

The other obvious area for some love is the Stunt Show arena. If MW wish to continue with a Stunt Show then bring back the Police Academy with a similar show format, that was hugely popular for years and years - just a modernised and more impressive show.

Trouble is the Operating cost of such a show is huge. Not to mention the Insurance implications for the Performers. The scaled back shit shows we have today at both MW and SW are a sign of the times unfortunately. Don't know if that low standard will change.

To get it back on topic, how about an Arkham Breakout themed Stunt Show in the area being renovated in this thread? A bit bigger in size than what we have seen on Main Street near City Hall, but not as big as PASS/HSD.

• Like 1

If car stunts are deemed 'too expensive' due to insurance etc, they could use that arena for a new version of something they used to do in one of the studios or theatres (long time ago and went to various attractions in each, so not sure which). An outdoor show about how various special effects in movies are made.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, pushbutton said:

one of the best I've been on in the world!

Not disputing your opinion here - but you really need to get yourself to some Disney properties... or even some universal ones.

11 hours ago, Glubbo said:

To get it back on topic, how about an Arkham Breakout themed Stunt Show in the area being renovated in this thread? A bit bigger in size than what we have seen on Main Street near City Hall, but not as big as PASS/HSD.

Now that's an idea I can see working in the HWSD arena. Its a lot more current \ timeless than PASS would ever be. The trouble is the stunt performers are so much more expensive than panel beaters...

The one thing about the special effects attractions is that many special effects tend to need controlled circumstances - I feel like you'd need to enclose the arena to make that work - and that's probably a bit too far, considering Showstage and LTRR sheds are available.

I've said it before - but I would love to see a USH special effects show put into showstage. I realise they've utilised it for Aquaman at the moment, but its so much more suited to a SFX style show.

• Like 2