The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

1 minute ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

If you can't visit at the drop of a hat and you don't want to waste a visit, then the same advice given regularly applies - wait until the park's posted open date for your best chance (and even then, new rides can hiccup. if you can't visit regularly, wait until it gets through it's first season and let things quieten down)

Yeah I'm gonna wait until Feb to take the trip over, just to let things quiet down and to make sure there's no technical stuff ups.

looks like there will be some lighting effects on the giant statute outside of Tridents entrance. The blue lighting on Leviathan looks amazing too;

A11AC4CA-F785-487C-96C2-40D3F720EAB2.thumb.png.aef209a68facb0a107d93b71d0147b49.png

https://instagram.com/stories/bikash_randhawa/2967990289366985376?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by Rivals
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gazza said:

Have they updated the glyphs on the older signs?

I don't think so, but just looking at it there are symbols that only appear on the old signage. E is totally different and the R has changed. In the TVC (and by extension, on the Trident sign), 'W' is the symbol that looks like a backwards D. E is also correctly represented in the Trident sign, and also appears this way on the ad. The symbol for E on the older signs does not reappear either on the TVC or the Trident sign. In the correct version, the 'R' kinda looks like an 'r'.

The reason I think this is because the TVC is very much translatable if you use the Trident sign. 

1 hour ago, GoGoBoy said:

I wonder why they didn't put the rockwork outside the queue too? Would have looked great on the front facade, rather just most grass and mirrors 

Having rock work to make up the entry instead of the grace (like the TVC) really would look so much better and fit in so much more.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Leviathan and Trident sites - this image is directly overhead and shows some of the pathways \ thoroughfares in and around Atlantis.

2136255335_map_20221026(4).thumb.png.bd6c14db5aa1927d2c43fc6f1312cc66.png

I love how perfect the shot of Leviathan is, I can finally understand the course of the track. It also gives a perspective of how close Patrick’s Jellyfish Frenzy is to the precinct. If the cost wasn’t an issue, I would relocate the attraction and create a much more grand entrance for Atlantis. Visiting the park today, the coaster really felt like it was on top of Nickelodeon land and the tavern.

I do agree, rock work outside the queue would have made a “great” entrance into a “GRAND” entrance, however I’m just happy to see theming for once. It has been so long since we’ve seen decent theming paired with a decent attraction. Here’s hoping they both live up to what I’m seeing in photos & videos in person come 2nd of Dec 🙌🏼

• Like 2

They’ve also updated the billboard and banners at the front and throughout the park. Interestingly all the banners just show leviathan and say rising soon, but there’s no mention of trident (despite it opening the same day). I would’ve thought they’d alternate the banners promoting both attractions

56D5D351-D396-4F89-A034-FEFF5BE3DB6C.jpeg

58EF7102-58B6-4F45-8D4B-8FC2DE854E54.jpeg

Edited by themagician

The photo below is from Destination Dad n Daughter’s latest video: https://youtu.be/s3uZzGQt8Y0

A6ED9318-6A54-42CE-8DF9-5C49A02AD81A.thumb.png.42ac23da4e7d23ac265cf5ff9e23a593.png

Peeping over the construction fence, you can how much of a bottle neck this entrance to the new Atlantis is. The stairs might be required for fire escape from the tavern, but if they could, I’d be removing them. And I’d also remove that small garden to the left where one of the ninja turtles stands. It just feels like for an entrance into a new precinct and their flagship attraction it’s so tight that it doesnt allow for easy flow of people.

Maybe read a little more.

55 minutes ago, Rivals said:

and create a giant dead end? it is what it is, maybe they’ll do something to make it a more thought out transition into the area.

1 hour ago, Naazon said:

Other option is to block it off completely and make people use the themed entrance at Vortex and or make a new one on the north side.

Anyway, using the main Vortex and this choke point, is more or less making it a dead end.

• Gazza locked this topic