Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

I think it will, but it’s track route is going to be different. If possible, probably something like this 0B477DBD-1541-433F-B264-49C6E35C7151.jpeg.fcdb78fbcfa94d198ee16defbbd77dc2.jpeg

It will be interesting to see if they keep the existing train storage/maintenance buildings though, or if they’ll construct a new one. The track will then still have to link with to this building. The train journey going through these large areas of deserted land is pointless. If they changed the route, that would mean the removal of the Rocky Hollow station (which also doesn’t have any purpose anymore). Leaving Main Street and Corroboree, which I think is all the park needs 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Whombex said:

...wondering how many people will sneak cameras onto Giant Drop to get construction photos.

Going to be difficult to get a good shot from the ocean facing side 😁 (the only side currently operating)

Would hope they have a camera somewhere getting some footage for a time lapse video.

Edited by Park Addict 93

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gumb00t said:

I was out for a drive yesterday and stumbled across more of the Taipan. Got the drone out and did a quick video, nothing exciting, first video I've ever uploaded so go easy lol. 

It's an industrial yard out the back of Yatala.

I don't even need to go easy to say this is amazing! Thank you so much for a huge contribution to this community.

I also get quite stressed when I make videos on YouTube too! Because the only people who regularly watch my videos are trolls from the long long ago of 2016 to 2019. Who just go and comment and dislike on my videos to bully me.

It's important for very small Youtubers like you and me to have support, not even going easy. So that we both have the confidence to continue and create fantastic videos like this one!

I hope everything goes well, and I'll love to see more!

• Like 1

On 24/01/2021 at 2:01 PM, gumb00t said:

I was out for a drive yesterday and stumbled across more of the Taipan. Got the drone out and did a quick video, nothing exciting, first video I've ever uploaded so go easy lol. 

It's an industrial yard out the back of Yatala.

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing :D Looks like some of the launch track is in there too!

20 hours ago, AlexB said:

Last Nearmap of the area was in November - and i can't seem to spot the yard (or the demountable storage yard next to it) so for now it seems like this is a more recent addition.

@gumb00t what street is it on?

It's where @franky mentioned, Empire Industrial Estate Yatala. Google maps hasn't been updated either, the area is pretty new. 

• 2 weeks later...