Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I was checking out the blue fire entry on Coasterpedia and saw this:

The restraints feature a heart rate monitor which is connected to the holding grips.

Do any other clones have this feature?

I can guarantee you that The Velociraptor at IMG in the UAE doesn’t, at least when I rode it. This was also a completely 1-1 clone of Blue Fire at Europa. I’m kinda wanting these on ST though haha.

5 hours ago, Gtmichaels said:

I can guarantee you that The Velociraptor at IMG in the UAE doesn’t, at least when I rode it. This was also a completely 1-1 clone of Blue Fire at Europa. I’m kinda wanting these on ST though haha.

I'm intrigued to know what the design of the zero car will be. Hope it has some bright lights on it (like Blue Fire or Helix) but I have my doubts. Also wonder if Dreamworld will/have opt for the standard one, Helix or a custom design like Rivals or Copperhead Strike.

But damn, how good would a train that lights up be... If only Dreamworld were open till dark...

Blue Fire at Night.jpg

Yeah, it's not like the coaster was built and sitting in Germany until they found a new park to buy it. A lot of the layout is similar because it only required slight changes to fit in the DW plot. A little redesign is cheaper and easier than having to start over from scratch. Asian park had a design and a manufacturing spot lined up with Mack and suddenly couldn't pay for it.
When you go to a company asking for a coaster and they offer one in half the time at a reduced price because someone else already did all the R&D plus deposits. You'd be crazy not to.
Without blowing smoke up Greg Yongs ass, his previous relationship with Mack and theme park experience would have  helped secure this too.

2 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

Yeah, it's not like the coaster was built and sitting in Germany until they found a new park to buy it. A lot of the layout is similar because it only required slight changes to fit in the DW plot. A little redesign is cheaper and easier than having to start over from scratch. Asian park had a design and a manufacturing spot lined up with Mack and suddenly couldn't pay for it.
When you go to a company asking for a coaster and they offer one in half the time at a reduced price because someone else already did all the R&D plus deposits. You'd be crazy not to.
Without blowing smoke up Greg Yongs ass, his previous relationship with Mack and theme park experience would have  helped secure this too.

The tabloid headlines practically write themselves! "Rejected China Bargain Coaster Built Where Four People Tragically Lost Their Lives"

1 hour ago, Im Hungry said:

A small search on Google provided some (old) CCTV images of Steel Taipan's construction...

It sort of gives us a better or unique perspective of the site and the development of possibly the transfer track for moving trains off and on the circuit.

Steel Taipan CCTV 2.JPG

Steel Taipan CCTV 3.JPG

Steel Taipan CCTV.JPG

Or you just got a bit too close with a drone ?

• Like 1

In some of these photos, you can see some of the support concrete things are much taller than others.

This might be unpopular,however I will throw it out there. Is this a clue that this ride was fully designed to be resold? The ride appears to have been designed for a flat even surface, rather than being built to the specs of the land it’s going on. Building it as a straight flat surfaced based ride would make it an easy sell should ardent cut their losses with the park?

I think its more because it's a clone so often its just easier to not re-design the columns for the whole thing.

I think obviously they paid for a bit of customisation with the swing launch, but probably easier to leave the rest of the columns and just adjust the pedestal height.

Not as bad as this Intamin 10 looper in china on a hillside where they literally built an entire concrete structure to hold it up on a flat plane.

image.thumb.png.b659c468f5591d08edf999c0da61fd33.png

16 hours ago, Im Hungry said:

A small search on Google provided some (old) CCTV images of Steel Taipan's construction...

It sort of gives us a better or unique perspective of the site and the development of possibly the transfer track for moving trains off and on the circuit.

Steel Taipan CCTV 2.JPG

Steel Taipan CCTV 3.JPG

Steel Taipan CCTV.JPG

Do you have a link to the CCTV images or CCTV feed?

Edited by Gazza

43 minutes ago, Gazza said:

I think its more because it's a clone so often its just easier to not re-design the columns for the whole thing.

I think obviously they paid for a bit of customisation with the swing launch, but probably easier to leave the rest of the columns and just adjust the pedestal height.

Not as bad as this Intamin 10 looper in china on a hillside where they literally built an entire concrete structure to hold it up on a flat plane.

image.thumb.png.b659c468f5591d08edf999c0da61fd33.png

Do you have a link to the CCTV images or CCTV feed?

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/business/dreamworld-ceo-greg-yong-says-cashedup-company-is-planning-new-major-attractions-for-park/news-story/2d6991d18ea55af33584d6a14a64422d

Here's where the images came from. So yeah unfortunately I haven't found a live CCTV feed - though that would be greatly appreciated should we have access to one.

If the link fails to load the above article, use this:

https://www.news-mail.com.au/news/dreamworld-shopping-for-next-ride/4244246/ 

Should you fail to see ALL CCTV images posted in the earlier post, a simple Google search of "Steel Taipan CCTV" should do the trick :D

Edited by Im Hungry
  • Like 1