Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

1 minute ago, Jobe said:

Do not forget the Family Gerstlauer Boomerang and the Kiddie Coaster at LPS as well- 6 coasters to be added in 2021!! This has to be a record for Australia in terms of adding coasters in a calendar year!!

Ah yes, forgot those 2. 

3 of these are world-firsts, or have world-first elements to them. It's a pretty exciting time right now, and i'm sure these additions will be likely to attract more international visitors (especially the Big Dipper).

• Love it! 1

The track is over 1km long, it ain't going to be a cheap coaster. DC might be tall, but this ride is building a launch. Actually I'd be interested to know in terms of cost, is height, or building a launch system more expensive?!

Also look at all those Earthworks DW has done on the ride so far to get it ready to start building on, can't imagine that is cheap, plus the moving of the train line. The coaster isn't $32 mill, its everything included needed to get it going. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Original said:

The track is over 1km long, it ain't going to be a cheap coaster. DC might be tall, but this ride is building a launch. Actually I'd be interested to know in terms of cost, is height, or building a launch system more expensive?!

Also look at all those Earthworks DW has done on the ride so far to get it ready to start building on, can't imagine that is cheap, plus the moving of the train line. The coaster isn't $32 mill, its everything included needed to get it going. 

I might be wrong, but I believe traditionally launch coasters are the more expensive variant in comparison to a lift start. 

I'm well aware a launch coaster costs more to operate than a chain lift. I was asking what costs more to build, launch or chain. One requires more steel, but the other requires more components to get the train going at speed. 

Building such a long track, launch, spire for the train to go backwards (which is an extra for this ride), all the earthworks happening on that land since TRR used to sit there, queue and station house and rerouting of the train have all come to together to explain why this is not a cheap ride to build and not DW being ripped off. 

• Like 1

There's no hard or fast rule - Jet Rescue's launch system would be cheaper than Rival's massive lift hill in the same way that Tower of Terror's launch system would be more expensive than Storm's lift hill. Keep in mind that every ride installation is different too, even if they're visually very similar. A Vekoma SLC in Australia might look similar to most other SLC's globally, but there'd be hundreds of country-specific building and safety codes that ride would need to adhere to before opening to guests that say one in China wouldn't need to.

• Like 2

On 22/11/2020 at 6:05 PM, Jdude95 said:

As per the original tender, the train line will be moved to accommodate the new coaster supports/construction. The problem is that the new line looks like it'll struggle to make it up the incline it's been put on. 

Everyone looks at the track getting moved and thinks "it can't make it up). I bet you it can make it down tho 😉.

• Gazza changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction
  • Richard changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster
  • 2 weeks later...