The New Atlantis - Reviews & Reactions

themagician

23 minutes ago, New display name said:

A ride getting use to it makes as much sense as the ride has feelings.

why else do you think newly open rides always have technical issues? it’s because they aren’t use to running under the conditions of daily operations, which is a big part of why soft openings and previews are a thing, so they can get use to daily operations… it’s not that hard of a concept to wrap your head around.

1 hour ago, Dean Barnett said:

but atleast they were transparent... and it was a world first

I take issue with this. Dollywood have never since day 1, and still to this day been "transparent" with the issues on LR. They (and no one else) have ever said what was, and is wrong with it and what they need to do to fix it. Yes they told people when it was open and not, but pretty much it's has the same kind of problems at Sea World, they did a big opening and it was issues ever since. Never been transparent at all. Plus Leviathan may not be a World First, but in reality it's an Australian First (modern tech wooden rollercoaster) and with how different Aus is than the entire rest of the world it may as be considered worlds first.
The above is not an endorsement or condemning of soft open or not, it's just taking the issue with the statement that Dollywood were completely transparent and SW aren't.

Trident quietly opening today with little to no fanfare or announcement kinda sounds like 'testing the waters' and 'softly opening' to me does it not?

3 minutes ago, rappa said:

Dollywood have never since day 1, and still to this day been "transparent" with the issues on LR. They (and no one else) have ever said what was, and is wrong with it and what they need to do to fix it.

Dollywood advertised LR would open in the Summer of 2016. RMC released a statement along with Dollywood's announcement saying it won't make the grand opening explaining that the issue was the third party launch system. It started rehearsals May 23, and opened on June 13 - one week before summer starts in America. 

6 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

Dollywood advertised LR would open in the Summer of 2016. RMC released a statement along with Dollywood's announcement saying it won't make the grand opening explaining that the issue was the third party launch system. It started rehearsals May 23, and opened on June 13 - one week before summer starts in America. 

Cool story... pity it's half of it...
Then after it's grand opening, it basically shit itself again immediately after and even CAUGHT FIRE at one point. They have never stated what the issue was/is with the launch. I mean you can hand pick bits at will to suit the story but the reality is different. Again, I'm not defending Sea World, but don't make out someone else to be the poster child on this.

And I could give two shits about what a website banner says. The fact is the Grand Opening of Atlantis has come and gone. We can keep pissing and moaning on here about what HAS happened IN THE PAST, or we can move on and make comment on what's happening moving forward. You can't condemn the park for all time now based on the past. So judging today, for their actions now, they opened it without fanfare.
But if staying angry makes you feel good, go for it, seems a great way to spend a sunny Wednesday.

33 minutes ago, rappa said:

Leviathan may not be a World First, but in reality it's an Australian First (modern tech wooden rollercoaster) and with how different Aus is than the entire rest of the world it may as be considered worlds first.

It is the first wooden coaster with four crossover sections(Surprised SW marketing missed this one)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Naazon said:

RMC kinda did though in an AMA on reddit.

Yeah but its not really transparent, nor is it the park, thats kind of my point. In hindsight that should have just been a steel lift hill for the wooden coaster I imagine. But again, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

1 hour ago, aaronm said:

Twist Coaster Robin begs to differ. At least Leviathan managed a second day of operations.

I think many people who stood waiting for 4.5 hours on day one would argue that day one wasn't managed, let alone a second.

1 hour ago, rappa said:

Trident quietly opening today with little to no fanfare or announcement kinda sounds like 'testing the waters' and 'softly opening' to me does it not?

When it was supposed to have it's official opening day a week ago, but was closed due to high winds, this opening is more 'delayed' than 'soft'.

I'm just glad they finally got guests on Trident. At least all 3 of the new rides have taken guests now, even if it wasn't on the same day. I hope they have these issues fixed by time school holidays fully kick off or their guest feedback is going to be more of a massacre than it currently is :( 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I When it was supposed to have it's official opening day a week ago, but was closed due to high winds, this opening is more 'delayed' than 'soft'.

I kinda gave you more credit for being able to understand the point I was making... 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rappa said:

I'll celebrate that from the comfort of the dockside bar. Its a nope from me for those things.

I haven't ridden a Skyflyer though admittedly. Is it more view than spew?

Certainly not getting me on Vortex though

I saw is testing on Sunday and it looks like a spew to me.

20 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I think many people who stood waiting for 4.5 hours on day one would argue that day one wasn't managed, let alone a second.

If you're not anticipating opening day queue, that is on you.  For the second day, nobody queued much more than 2 hours because the ride was shut down at 12:30.

Edited by New display name

1 minute ago, joz said:

See spin and spew to me is more Scrambler or Top Scan. You know, thrill flat rides. Sky Flyer seems more gentle to me. Just a really tall chair swing

I think the length of the ride will be the determining factor for me. The enterprise at DW went upside down 3 times where if you rode it at the Ekka it was a good few minutes.

24 minutes ago, New display name said:

If you're not anticipating opening day queue, that is on you.  For the second day, nobody queued much more than 2 hours because the ride was shut down at 12:30.

Sorry for confusion - what I meant was that it was in a state of shutdown for about 4.5 hours from *AROUND* 12pm to *AROUND* 4:30pm. So hardly "managing" a full days operations.

1 hour ago, rappa said:

What's your point here? What do you want them to do about that TODAY?

Post a statement / announcement whatever you want to call it on their socials. Make it very obvious on the front page of their website that the rides are down. 

Give free return passes to any single day / 7 day pass guest that has visited since the “grand opening”

• Like 3