The New Atlantis - Reviews & Reactions

themagician

They’re also doing that on the screens at the entrance. We were in line to try our luck again today and the ride closures on the screen were looking promising until a staff member came and changed them about 10 minutes before gates opened.

It feels misleading, because there are definitely people who would have reconsidered buying a ticket if they saw a definite closure. Staff in the park were also quite willing to inform us that an opening in the next few days is unlikely, which contradicts the behaviour on the maintenance pages which suggests it’s an issue that they feel could be resolved at a days notice.

Not agreeing or disagreeing. But perhaps its a case that the scheduled closures are ‘locked in’ but unscheduled ones live pull data from Accesso so until the daily closures go live it doesn’t update?

Could be more a case of poor design rather than deliberately malicious?? 

@rappaI do think one reason could be the software removing it.

People asked for a banner on each attraction when they go down, so you don't have to go to the maintenance page, but SW & MW already do this for all attractions.   It might just be an IT issue why it isn't working for the Alantis attractions. 

z1.thumb.JPG.8f652025eba69444b30425017dec2e69.JPG

Some commentary has been added: "Temporary closure for minor rectifications and enhancements"

I guess we'll see how temporary this closure is but really underlines how valuable soft openings/technical rehearsals are for new rides.

Sea World should at least remove the "Leviathan - Ride It Now" branding from their homepage until the ride is back up. It's definitely misleading and as much as VRTP love money I have a hard time believing they're deliberately trying to trick people into coming to the park only to be disappointed.

Screenshot 2022-12-09 204229.png

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, aaronm said:

Sea World should at least remove the "Leviathan - Ride It Now" branding from their homepage until the ride is back up. It's definitely misleading and as much as VRTP love money I have a hard time believing they're deliberately trying to trick people into coming to the park only to be disappointed.

Yep. It’s become a roundabout topic here (yet, still for some reason, a point of contention for a few people), but there’s much more that they should do. Just had a family member from a different state talk to me about Levi & New Atlantis, because they’re still seeing advertisements plastered everywhere telling them it’s open and to ‘Ride it Now’, but they were lucky enough to also catch the news story about it’s closure, and were confused about it’s actual status as a result.

Edited by Tricoart

I will say form what i’ve heard, they aren’t expecting to have the ride open until end of December / early January at the earliest. I’ve been hearing rumblings of this so don’t take it as 100% fact, but it could give us an idea of when it should be running again. 

let’s just hope the problem with one of the trains doesn’t involve the need of a new part, it won’t be open for ages if that’s the case.

Edited by Rivals

24 minutes ago, Rivals said:

let’s just hope the problem with one of the trains doesn’t involve the need of a new part, it won’t be open for ages if that’s the case.

If that were the case, could they not just reopen it with one train once the ride’s other issues are fixed? It’s not like it really needed 2 trains, anyway.

38 minutes ago, joz said:

I'm surprised they weren't on the first flight up here like everyone else.

Appreciate the sarcasm from one of the few people that it’s still a point of contention with. If you must know, they couldn’t because they just got out of the hospital.

Edited by Tricoart

28 minutes ago, Rivals said:

let’s just hope the problem with one of the trains doesn’t involve the need of a new part, it won’t be open for ages

They wouldn’t be keeping the ride closed purely due to not being able to run a 2 train operation, they’d just run one train like they will for 80% of the year anyway 

Despite all the negativity, one positive thing that could come out of all this is that it should prevent Village (and all other theme park operators for that matter) from fumbling their new attraction openings in the future. While the issues with the ride are clearly out of their control, it really hammers home the importance of soft openings/technical rehearsals and communicating effectively with the general public. So much of the backlash Sea World is currently receiving could easily have been avoided if they simply hadn’t jumped the gun on marketing, claiming that it was fully open right out of the gate. They should have expected there would be teething problems and factored that in. Such a shame as a ride with such incredible theming like this deserved a smoother opening. 

I’m pretty certain no one else needs to write that SW should have had a soft opening/technical rehearsal period prior to formally launching Atlantis. 

By all means provide updates about the precinct opening etc as news comes to hand, but there only so many ways anyone can re-state what’s been written in the last 10 pages… 

• Like 2

Im very concerned…

Its now been 4 mins since anyone posted about Leviathan’s opening status. 
How can a thread dedicated to reviews of the precinct survive?

2 hours ago, Rivals said:

I will say form what i’ve heard, they aren’t expecting to have the ride open until end of December / early January at the earliest.

I mean that’s a pretty big call for ‘what I’ve heard’

8 hours ago, Rivals said:

I will say form what i’ve heard, they aren’t expecting to have the ride open until end of December / early January at the earliest. I’ve been hearing rumblings of this so don’t take it as 100% fact, but it could give us an idea of when it should be running again. 

Forgive me if I'm wrong but weren't you also the person who claimed the foundations were sinking?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aaronm said:

I have a hard time believing they're deliberately trying to trick people into coming to the park only to be disappointed.

The thing is, in some ways I want it to be a deliberate cash grab attempt because the alternative is that they're simply inept and incompetent at marketing and guest relations.

We're literally a week on, and the discussion is still revolving around how badly confusing and misleading their messaging is. There is literally zero excuse for that, 7 days on.

2 hours ago, Naazon said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but weren't you also the person who claimed the foundations were sinking?

nah wasn’t me, it was some new person that joined… i’m pretty sure they claimed it then we didn’t hear from them again if i’m not wrong

Edited by Rivals

3 minutes ago, Rivals said:

nah wasn’t me, it was some new person that joined… i’m pretty sure they claimed it then we didn’t hear from them again if i’m not wrong

I looked back Apologies you were just in the discussion a bit

Edit: I think it was @Lukefor those playing at home

Looks like Vortex is back open today.

Edited by Naazon

The issue with Vortex has now been resolved, both Trident and Vortex are open today with little waits.

Something i find interesting is on queue-park.com, Leviathan Backwards is listed as Virtual Queue (obviously closed now), could we be seeing them move from the wrist bands to a Virtual Queue system where you pay through the app and scan it for your backwards ride? it would make the process a lot easier for both Leviathan and Rivals if both are changed.