Dreamworld’s Ocean Parade Expansion 2023

themagician

On 28/07/2023 at 10:11 PM, TBoy said:

Disappointing that it won’t match the rest of Ocean Parade.

The hexagonal formwork there makes it look like they're planning something. The blue ocean parade pathways were also a coating applied over the top of existing concrete. 

As the old adage goes - never show a fool an incomplete job - and in this case i'll wait until construction is a bit further along to see what the finished product is going to look like. 

I wouldn't want to be doing a fancy decorative concrete surface when i'm about to build a rollercoaster in that space - noting all the heavy equipment and the damage it may do to my shiny new concrete.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, REGIE said:

Oh could you do better?      It’s pretty good for a splash pad . The light house is a good addition to the area. And it general this will bring more ocean into ocean parade.

I have a 10 year old mini artist in my class who could...  Don't be so quick to judge others abilities.

4 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

I have a 10 year old mini artist in my class who could...  Don't be so quick to judge others abilities.

If your 10 year old student can draw(/render) detailed, complete architectural mock-ups, either you’re a really good teacher or they shouldn’t be in your class anymore.

Edited by Tricoart

On 26/08/2023 at 5:45 AM, REGIE said:

Oh could you do better?      It’s pretty good for a splash pad . The light house is a good addition to the area. And it general this will bring more ocean into ocean parade.

You can bang two pieces of wood together and get "music"!  

Jaggs Journeys has done a tour of the new Ocean Parade area, includes video of the dodgems and splash pad:

One of the things to notice is the Dodgems now have a water effect projection, looks great. Also includes video of the first piece of the Dreamworld Flyer being installed.

Edited by TBoy
  • Like 1