The Flash: Speed Force coming to Movie World

Guest Moderator

They should be. We know its a relocation and it isn't all that, but they're doing something (albeit it seems to have run into it's fair share of road blocks along the way) and the focus on BTS content and construction updates and the like isn't something we've seen a lot of from our parks before.

I don't want to pour shit on the effort because honestly I want it to continue...

• Like 5

On 06/04/2024 at 5:04 PM, Tricoart said:

It’s almost cute, in a way, that they think people are actually hyped about Flash’s opening.

I'm hyped of MW's chance, of having an extra ride open, but if you go by @ShakeShacktheory, Flash will close each year when Superman & Batwing closes for maintenance, which doesn't fix the issues MW have every February-March.

1 hour ago, New display name said:

'm hyped of MW's chance, of having an extra ride open, but if you go by @ShakeShacktheory, Flash will close each year when Superman & Batwing closes for maintenance, which doesn't fix the issues MW have every February-March.

When did I say it will close with them each year?

I said they were closed to assist with the build, not it's annual maintenance.

Edited by ShakeShack

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

i think it’s safe to say considering Superman and Batwing both close at the same time every year for maintenance, Flash will be joining them. if it doesn’t i’ll be shocked.

Depending on its actual opening date it will need to at least go down prior to the annual anniversary of its return to service to meet the OEM's planned maintenance schedule. What they could do however is conduct an earlier planned maintenance during this calendar year to realign its placement instead of having all 3 rides closed at the same time in that vicinity. In the future Flash and Superman don't necessarily need to have their shutdown at the same time. Board and boggy lifting for Surfrider always occurred outside of operating hours. Track work on either will be a different story.  

However the challenge in the future is also going to be how this will all fall when you have the two new coasters, flash and Scooby back in the mix. Technically adding in Marvin also they now have 4 new amusement devices at Movie World. 

Time is limiting when you factor in avoiding school holidays where possible, you want all the high thrill and high capacity for October and you want to avoid anything falling in December so you don't risk overruns into peak summer trade. 

Good luck to the rebuilds/maintenance team! 

On 4/4/2024 at 2:47 PM, New display name said:

Who builds coasters in Australia?

Arkham and Gold Coaster were subcontracted to the same local company (able leisure) who made the track and supports in their Melbourne shop off the vekoma/arrow plans.

Different time though I’m pretty sure most coasters built here until the 2000’s were subcontracted to local manufacturers

Edited by Baconjack

Movie World have shared another update for the ride stating testing has been happening with Intamin, and after their inspections and testing, they will hand the ride over to the parks engineering team to commence their commissioning which includes the addition of harnesses and seats. And it’s opening very soon.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5mcFPYyrPH/?igsh=MWYyejZ4NHlweHA3Nw==

Here are some screenshots from the video they shared 

IMG_4029.jpeg

IMG_4028.jpeg

IMG_4030.jpeg

IMG_4031.jpeg

• Like 2