Wet N Wild Aqualoop

hopefully they’ve got a replacement lined up for that plot of land since it is probably the parks “headlining” / most well known slide. a slide like Honu at Volcano Bay could work really well. i’d love to see a Slide Wheel but, i think that would be better in SurfRider / Whirlpool Springs plot of land.

but in reality, it’ll probably sit there for a couple years. 

Edited by Rivals

So now both of the drop slides at Gold Coast parks are sitting there SBNO. A real shame really, I really liked the Aqualoop and hoped to get on it when I go to the GC next.

I guess this type of permanent ride closures is a regular thing for Village, as Arkham, the old Pounce n Bounce, the Monorail, Sea Viper, Bermuda, Intencity, LTRR and the Marvin bus ride all had the same fate of going down for maintenance and it later being confirmed as closed permanently.

Edited by TBoy

I don’t understand what could be the issue, a simple hydraulic door release system. I rode it day 1 and then again 1 year later, the later bloody hurt your back. But yeah don’t understand why they would get rid of it? Safety once again being to full on in Australia? 

Aqualoops seems to have fallen out of fashion for waterparks in general. They're a fairly intense ride and can be a 'one and done' for a lot of people. Personally I prefer the old-fashioned speed slides for thrills, less chance of accidentally waterboarding yourself.

The structure itself is iconic and highly visible from outside the park - if the park wanted to add another big raft slide or two it would be a great spot.

• Like 1

Or for an alternative if you are ever in NSW, Jamberoo has 2 trap door slides. Jamberoo is a much better park overall in my opinion. 

These some are my reasons:

- majority of rides have a height requirement of 100cm, (120cm for funnel Webb, perfect storm and stinger) perfect with families of younger children. 

- Better variety of slides and attractions including non water attractions (mini golf, chair lift, BOBSLEDS) 

- Lots of picnic area and BBQ's for guest. 

If anyone does go to Jamberoo there is a great burger shop 15mins away in Albion Park called Sneaky Burger. 

On 11/2/2024 at 11:23 AM, Rivals said:

hopefully they’ve got a replacement lined up for that plot of land since it is probably the parks “headlining” / most well known slide. a slide like Honu at Volcano Bay could work really well. i’d love to see a Slide Wheel but, i think that would be better in SurfRider / Whirlpool Springs plot of land.

but in reality, it’ll probably sit there for a couple years. 

Something like Tantrum at raging waters would work excellently for wet n wild. Thrilling enough to fill the gap aqualoop filled in and different enough from the rest of lineup.

Edited by Baconjack

8 hours ago, Gazza said:

Go to Raging Waters

6 hours ago, TomiJ said:

Or for an alternative if you are ever in NSW, Jamberoo has 2 trap door slides

Thanks guys. Didn't realise there was other aqua loops in Australia! Thought I'd have to go abroad.

as a replacement . I'd like to see maybe a Polin slide as they make some very unique and eye catching slides. Though for some reason I feel like I remember someone telling me polin hasn't got a great relationship with our parks.  

18 hours ago, TomiJ said:

Or for an alternative if you are ever in NSW, Jamberoo has 2 trap door slides. Jamberoo is a much better park overall in my opinion. 

The ones at Jamberoo aren't uphill looping slides, which is what this topic is about.

FWIW, if you want to ride a regular "downhill" trapdoor slide, you can also find examples at Aquatopia Prariewood NSW, Aquanation Ringwood VIC, Cockburn ARC in WA. 

Edited by Gazza

The Wedgie also isn’t a looping slide, but that’s also closed now. My guess would be there are issue with getting parts for the GC models. They were also looking very tired and the parks probably didn’t see value in investment when they weren’t the most popular attractions due to their intensity. 

For WnW that does leave a relatively new slide tower available for use and there quite a large area of land in front of it for some decent slides.

On 11/02/2024 at 2:56 PM, REGIE said:

What!! I have never had the guts to do it and now I won't ever be able too ! 

There's a lesson in there not to wait.

On 11/02/2024 at 6:19 PM, Ash said:

I don’t understand what could be the issue, a simple hydraulic door release system. I rode it day 1 and then again 1 year later, the later bloody hurt your back. But yeah don’t understand why they would get rid of it? Safety once again being to full on in Australia? 

I had heard a rumour that someone was injured on it, and there were liability issues. Entirely rumour though - interesting that wedgie and Aqualoop both close 'permanently' within such a short space of time though.

On 12/02/2024 at 9:07 PM, REGIE said:

as a replacement . I'd like to see maybe a Polin slide as they make some very unique and eye catching slides. Though for some reason I feel like I remember someone telling me polin hasn't got a great relationship with our parks.  

See also: Fully Six Four. No more Polin please.

On 13/02/2024 at 6:18 AM, Gazza said:

Cockburn ARC in WA. 

Tee Hee!

On 13/02/2024 at 7:49 AM, themagician said:

The Wedgie also isn’t a looping slide

Shhh! Don't tell Dreamworld's 2010 marketing team!

• Like 1

On 13/2/2024 at 7:05 PM, simona said:

i went in jan and one of the workers told me they r shutting it for good bc its too hard with matinence because of the fiberglass.

Isnt too hard with maintenance basically the slogan for their whole maintenance department

They can never manage to keep anything running

12 hours ago, mahns said:

looks like prime real estate for a www boomerango

I think the best spot for one of them would be in the H2O Zone, I would say on the former Buggy’s site, but is that too similar of an attraction to Kamikaze? 

But I think they should have a more family oriented attraction replace Aqualoop so that you have a kids/family side of the park and then the more thrills side