The Off Topic Topic

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/35039293/dreamworlds-troublesome-buzzsaw-leaves-12-good-friday-visitors-stuck-on-ride/

"It comes after a malfunction on the Thunder River Rapids ride killed four people last October.

Dreamworld and the nearby WhiteWater World were shut for 45 days following the tragedy and visitor numbers at the park slumped 63 per cent once it reopened in December."

Why do they need to keep referring to this when a ride stops. The stoppage is completely unrelated. But I suppose, 'that's the media'

I visited DW yesterday and was approached by a Ch9 female Journo and Cameraman upon leaving.. She asked me if I had visited the Park and seen the ride breakdown. I shrugged my shoulders and said 'no' then added that "rides stop all the time, it's what they're meant to do".

She said, "we know - just keeping an eye on things". 

They were approaching just about everyone leaving the Park from the foot of the stairs outside Lego. No one else I saw was interested in speaking to them.

Parasites.

6 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

How are they Stuck if they never left the station?!?! I'm so confussed

Be fixed in a particular position or unable to move or be moved.
"Sara tried to open the window but it was stuck."

Like I said, I was stuck in the seats for about 5 minutes. 

36 minutes ago, SuperV said:

Here is an off-topic topic! So on the dreamworld website when you go into the Buzzsaw page, as we all know have taken off the Jack story but the logo on the page say Jack Darke's Buzzsaw. Has it always been Jack Darke's? I have never seen any merchandise with that logo?

I have just notice that it says " Jack Darkes Buzzsaw " I have never seen it before so I am questing that it is new

52 minutes ago, SuperV said:

Here is an off-topic topic! So on the dreamworld website when you go into the Buzzsaw page, as we all know have taken off the Jack story but the logo on the page say Jack Darke's Buzzsaw. Has it always been Jack Darke's? I have never seen any merchandise with that logo?

No, it has never been "Jack Darke's Buzzsaw." They could possibly be bringing back the story line but just modified a bit? Good Spotting! :) 

After reading the above I went to check out the Buzzsaw today to see of signage had changed to reflect that on the website. Sadly it's still the same (in one case, still broken with the blade missing 🙁).

20170420_110329.thumb.jpg.f8ac6b6cb6c77a0c076f58300cc4db72.jpg

Would have been good, had it been a new universal change/upgrade for the ride signage and the Buzzsaw's overall image. As I've said before, even the small things add up in the end to complete the full picture... 

Twice over the last few weeks I've been to Dreamworld. On both occasions I walked through the shop from Dreamworld into Whitewater World, and was not asked to show a ticket or pass!

Have they made it so any ticket to Dreamworld includes entry to WWW now?

Anyone know if they still check if you're going from WWW to Dreamworld?

• rappa locked this topic