joz

Green Lantern Coaster

1,225 posts in this topic

Sorry for taking your work Gazza but I was interested myself so I decided to do it...

Gazza, please use your mapping skills to give me a rough footprint of thr new coaster ??

I had a look around and I don't think there's any satellite imagery of any of the El Locos that have been built. Also since we don't know what model it is going to be this may not be true. I've plotted the size of the largest footprint listed on the S&S website. post-2117-0-27548800-1310684692_thumb.jp

Oh come on gazza they can obviously fit a bizarro clone there

Here's a mirror of Bizarro... post-2117-0-66366100-1310684700_thumb.jp

So for those in the "know". Are we looking at another superhero ride or perhaps a Batman.villian ? If its another Batman themed ride I really think they should look at retheming that whole area of the.park to a superhero type.metropolis.gotham city type deal.

well we were expecting a july announcement, maybe they were sitting back to let DW have their moment before coming forward with their plans which i'm sure most will find pretty impressive in comparison. think of what's coming out at the movies too. Maybe they are planning to use the hype of an upcoming film release?

well we were expecting a july announcement, maybe they were sitting back to let DW have their moment before coming forward with their plans which i'm sure most will find pretty impressive in comparison.

Stuff that! They should be out their promoting it now... taking the shine of Dreamworld's average addition. It would give people more reason to consider purchasing a Village VIP pass as opposed to Dreamworlds too. Really surprised they are not doing it

Given that Green Lantern premieres in cinemas next Thursday the 4th of August, perhaps they will promote the new attraction in conjunction with it (for example, in the theatre). That is, of course, assuming my hunch is correct.

OR dont think movie releases.... think 19/10/11- Arkham City and if were going villans here say , Penguin, Harley Quinn, Joker, Riddler, Hugo, Harvey Dent (Two Face) and/or Cat Woman... IMHO i think a Cat Woman themed ride would go down pretty well...

Given that it's Movie World, I doubt they'll tie such a major attraction in with a video game, but Dark Knight Rises is set for a mid 2012 release with Catwoman (and Bane) confirmed as villains. Having said that, and remember the type of coaster being installed, I still believe Green Lantern is the perfect theme, given that the film is about a pilot who is given the power to fly: "A test pilot is granted a mystical green ring that bestows him with otherworldly powers, as well as membership into an intergalactic squadron tasked with keeping peace within the universe." From www.imdb.com If the footage of Mumbo Jumbo is anything to go by, it will be ideally suited to a wild flight through the galaxy.

MovieWorld have now removed from the My Fun website the comments about the their upcoming anouncements. They have however added that the Jet Ski Stunt show will be returning to Seaworld.

Edited by Troy81

From Movieworld's Facebook

Movie World/Village have certainly been very slow on the social networking uptake. Compare MW's 5000 or so fans to DW's 300,000 facebook fans. The Village parks used to have a brilliant marketing department - I remember the new attractions were always really well promoted and presented. Seems to have died off a bit and dropped in quality in recent years