Reef Diver Closing

T-bone

That's a great observation there... And what exactly points to them selling all their rides, and additionally, not replacing them??

because they don't replace them they just let them sit there dormant for years :P

mw/sw/wnw run rings around DW how these parks are run.

Edited by bladex

because they don't replace them they just let them sit there dormant for years :P mw/sw/wnw run rings around DW how these parks are run.

Really? name me all the rides that DW have shut down and not replaced??? I seem to recall Pandamonium, Shockwave and Buzzsaw opening in the last few years, and can't recall any rides in that time closing. If you are referring to the mine ride, yes it still sets they're, disappointingly, though so did Bermuda. So explain your point

Really? name me all the rides that DW have shut down and not replaced??? I seem to recall Pandamonium, Shockwave and Buzzsaw opening in the last few years, and can't recall any rides in that time closing. If you are referring to the mine ride, yes it still sets they're, disappointingly, though so did Bermuda. So explain your point

Avalanche closed, as did the Paddleboat.

Eureka is the only one I can think of that is actually "dormant" however for all we know the majority of the inside of the mountain may have been gutted for storage and there might not be any track left. (Doubt it though)

Chairlift - Hardly dormant - no wires, no seats, just some poles. Please tell me how you'd ride that.

Blue lagoon. The mountain and slides are there. Or are they? Wasn't there the normal plastic slides in the channels that are there? Oh and remind me how the landing pool is still there?

Sure, there's still a trace of them, but they're not SBNO. They're mostly gone.

I think it is a shame to see Reef Diver go. To me rides like that are a big part of the family attraction to DW. They might not be the marquee rides but they hold plenty of people and are great 'fillers' during the day. I think MovieWorld could do with a few of these.

Agreed. MW NEEDS FLATS. A couple of midway style rides, one for the Asylum courtyard and one in the western area would make a big difference. Reef Diver or Enterprise is one of my all time fave flats. It's thrilling and appeals to a wide demographic. It has also provided some much needed kinetic motion to DWs skyline for many years. I'm sad to hear it go Edited by MickeyD

I'd love to see a Screamin' Swing at Movie World, though I don't think they could fit one in the Arkham Asylum courtyard. Depending on how tall it is, (15m - 20m tall would leave a massive footprint, at least 15m x 40m.) Is there any room for this somewhere easily accessible without deviating from the current pathways? They are something I've wanted to ride for a while now.

I think your incorrect Raymond265- I think Reef Diver will be mourned by the greater majority of people including myself! As MickeyD so eloquently pointed out, the sight of Reef Diver rising over the Ocean Parade midway provided many with a great postcard moment. The ride has been in the park since 1983 and would have featured strongly in the memories of generations of families. My only hope is that with its passing Dreamworld has a definite plan for the site and that a replacement attraction happens sooner rather than later.

I think your incorrect Raymond265- I think Reef Diver will be mourned by the greater majority of people including myself! As MickeyD so eloquently pointed out, the sight of Reef Diver rising over the Ocean Parade midway provided many with a great postcard moment. The ride has been in the park since 1983 and would have featured strongly in the memories of generations of families. My only hope is that with its passing Dreamworld has a definite plan for the site and that a replacement attraction happens sooner rather than later.

people might miss the sight of it but how many people actually ride it now?

Or Escape from Madagascar.

Last time I went I rode both. I couldn't stop myself from cracking up on road runner, it was way more fun than I remember it. Even after riding Arkham and Superman, the first corner was beyond hilarious to me for some reason. I was in a state of shock I guess from underestimating the intensity. Rode it about 6 times at the back, it was walk on just before the park closed, even in the middle of summer. It's definitely a step up in terms of thrills from Madagascar. Nearly on par with Scooby Doo if it weren't for the backwards drop. I'll make sure to end all of my future trips to Movie World on such a high note.

Edited by AllegroCrab