Sea World's Sea Viper closes after 32 years

Parkz News

Are they getting rid of the station or using it for the next coaster? If they tear down the station they will need to get rid of the old train stored under the station, which may lead to them ripping up the reaming train track, which they will then get rid of that annoying gate in the middle of the public walkway!

Keeping the station may be a good idea it will mean the new coaster will be free (no need to hire an annoying locker).

Anyone know what they would have been doing/trying to do where all the paint has been stripped back to white at the start of the corkscrews?

My guess would be that it's where they've been finding (or were trying to find) cracks. It looks like they've stripped away the paint covering the major joins in the track.

Hopefully the corkscrews aren't in too bad of a state, I'm hoping they'll do something like Alton Towers did with their corkscrew and set up the corkscrews on display at the front of the park.

Edited by mba2012

Some pics from today. Sorry I didnt get the shot looking from the entrance to the reclaimed land.

This is the best I could do without trespassing. I couldnt get any shots of the station interior. I am going to assume the whole thing is coming down though.

You mean you weren't trespassing? Pretty good pictures - they certainly tell a story.

Has the monorail been running with the deconstruction of the coaster? I hope they're looking after it - not many monorails of that vintage left anymore.