Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

taken on the STH page on Intamin's website, it does say the Suspended Twin Hammer has three different cycles, also we were given speakers with earbuds have on the tour so we can hear the tour guide speak in loud areas (e.g Scooby) and we all heard Nathan (tour guide) say "three cycles" so I don't think none of us misheard image.jpeg

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

52 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Three cycles on DD?

Well hopefully they'll execute that better than DW... it's absurd when there are 3 people in padamonium's soft-style line and the hard-style line extends back a long way and they let the soft-style people on.

If those three people were there before the other queue then I see no problem with it. They waited their turn. I would be one of the people in the soft style queue and would be annoyed if they let group after group of the other queue on. If you chose the longer queue then you chose to wait your turn.

Despite 3 styles available for the ride to be operated in, I wasn't expecting MW to use 3, but I would've expected 2. But I suppose 3 does widen the audience, as it allows a wide range of people to ride it depending on how thrilling they want it to be. Obviously the full 360 version would be most popular. Hopefully having 3 cycles doesn't majorly affect the lengths of the queue, particularly for the 360 cycle. As did Pandamonium does, this will at least provide a ride experience for kids and adults.

18 hours ago, pin142 said:

If those three people were there before the other queue then I see no problem with it. They waited their turn. I would be one of the people in the soft style queue and would be annoyed if they let group after group of the other queue on. If you chose the longer queue then you chose to wait your turn.

Yeah but DW usually do a 2-1 ratio which I think is absurd. Should be 3-1, minimum. And generally the long queue appears before anyone in the soft-style queue appears because they see the empty queue and jump in.

Luckily this doesn't happen to often, but 3 styles is going to be hard to get a good ratio going. Judging by a queue length obviously won't work, but having an awful ratio like 3-2-1 would ruin capacity.

Instead of thinking 3-2-1 why not Hard-Medium-Soft and go something like H-M-H-S...  I really do think running more than 2 cycle types is going to be a headache to figure out but that is their issue not ours :) ...  

Hopefully they do it better than the current Fast Pass system where people join the Fast Pass lane in JL when the normal queue is 4 rows deep and they still end up waiting almost just as long...

I agree @Wyncenuros, I think H-M-H-S would probably be the best way to go. But this wouldn't always work if the queues for the M or S weren't overly long. If that's the case, they may decide to do a couple of H runs, and then a M and S. I think this will take some time to figure out, but during the peak periods I think it would be much easier to do. Maybe in the quiet periods they may close the M queue and just run the H and S.

Just because it can run 3 different cycles, doesn't mean they will. I would be surprised if it is running more than one (hard) when it launches. Maybe down the track they will run the other cycles at certain times of the day. Just my thoughts, and either way can't wait to see the ride and surrounding precinct in action.

Edited by strop
Correcting auto correct.

Wouldnt it make more sense to run it for a while with 3 cycles and get a feel for what has the most demand and then cater primarily to that?

You have to remember they are catering to the entire population not just the hard core thrill enthusiasts. One of the softer cycles might prove more popular with the majority of park guests.  

^Agree with you Rappa - the one thing i'm puzzling over is how they would arrange queuing for 3 different cycles, if that were only to be for a while? 

We've seen how it can be done with two (pandamonium), which as I understand it works relatively well, but for 3? and only if it were temporary? You wouldn't want to build 3 queue lanes if you weren't planning on keeping them.

However they run it I do hope they utilise the options available to some extent. Pandamonium is good in that it offers high thrill for people who want it, but it still offers something for the 'less brave' to give it a go, catering to most guests in that way.

Three cycle types existing is one thing; this has been pretty widely reported since the ride style was revealed so I shouldn't think there's anything new there. Whether -- and how -- the park utilises them is a completely different matter. Don't forget there's also likely different cycle lengths and other options that Movie World will be able to fine tune over time.

It may well be possible to run the arms on independent cycles, one or two of them may turn out to be unsuited or unpopular with the vast majority, or they may choose to run the ride on different settings at advertised times. Having separate cycle queues isn't the most practical or only option, and I'm sure they've looked at how Dreamworld do it on Pandamonium and how successful that is.

I'll be in line for the Pirate ship cycle lol, I'll wear protective clothing to repel the daggers from enthusiasts.

It might be tricky logistically first, but it would be good to find a happy medium for the majority of park goers (i.e. not out of state coaster weirdos). Or perhaps have different cycles at different times of the day, I wonder if the height limit would vary at all depending on the cycle, in particular pirate ship mode? 

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic