Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

I am all for this alleged WWF overhaul! Especially if the section just before the last drop is given a much more impressive ending than just a strobe light and some sound effects. Probably based on the rides history we won’t be seeing any spark or flame effects despite my greatest wishes. I hope this is true!

I'll have the final word on Grenlins V Scooby;

Gremlins is in the top three closed down rides on the Gold Coast.  It was so good, no physical thrills, but just good fun.  I rode it as a kid, and was sucked right in by the suspense and imagination.  Just a total fit for what Movie World was.

However, Scooby may well be the best ride on the Gold Coast ever.  It's a long ride.  It's high capacity, has a broad appeal, is thrilling in an accessible way, with a low height requirement, and carries over that sense of fun that its predecessor had.  

In an idea world, I'd love to see a Movie World that had both, but if I had to chose, Scooby Doo is the better of the two.

As for DMH, I don't know what you mean about 88% themed, but it all sounds about right to me.  I haven't heard anything about an effects overhaul of WWF but that doesn't mean you're wrong, I haven't been inside the company for a long time, so hopefully that means good things for the most underrated ride at Movie World

It would be good if they at least brought the steam/fog effect back to WWF, that used to happen during its younger years as the doors opened to the final drop. I believe this effect disappeared after the fire incident, but can still be seen on old MW promo ads on YouTube.  

I always thought that the village part the boats go through before they climb the final Hill could have done with something more as well... Animatronics at the very least, if not human actors. I think its unimpressive atm with the swinging doors, breaking balcony railing etc. I dunno... all the outdoor bits just need more than what they currently have I guess, given the ride is supposed to be telling a story. Does that even make sense? ?

Either way, I look forward to it being overhauled. Definitely needs it! 

I think Scooby is the best in the world for the type of coaster it is. It really stands up well on the world stage.

Hopefully the patch of dirt is progressing well, it looks as nice as the pitches at Indian cricket grounds. I'm thinking the coaster might not go there, but time will tell.

Press release received while sleep walking: RMC and Intamin have merged - Top Thrill Churro Wagon will be their first coaster together, dropping at movie world, first launched inverted wood coaster with aqua trax and fire effects - with plenty of airtime hills to top coaster enthusiast polls (except Amusement today, they award based on advertising revenue). 

Edited by downunder

Me personally have always liked the way the village was. Don't forget Oceangirl that it is themed around a ghost town and I think adding may take away from it. It has been a few years since I have been on it so I am unaware of the state it is in. One thing I would have always liked is maybe some interaction on the train bridge when the dynamite explodes.

I think the ghost town as it is has the most effects in the ride at the moment and is probably the strongest themeing and effects wise when everything is working (this is about 70% of the time). To be absolutely honest for an 18 million dollar investment the story (if any) isn’t a very one which makes it more of a great hits of western clichés (which I have no problem with).

The one thing that kills the experience for me at the moment is the faded and stained backdrop with all the tepees on it, I feel it would be way more effective without it (having said that I’m sure it’s blocking something even worse that would take away from your experience). I like this bridge idea greatly! And if they reinstate the smoke and some spark like fibre optics there might be a chance of creating something similar to the old drop?

With the new rides being built down the WWF end of the park I wonder if this will impact the outdoor sections secluded feeling or provide illusion shattering views of the mountain from the new ride/s (assuming its some sort of tall structure)

Well it's not his social media policy, it's his partners. Unless it specifies that employees cannot divulge any information to family members, then it really all he's doing is reporting hearsay in the eyes of the law. It's not like he's posting their confidential financial information or Security procedures 

Not really the place for a spinning star, it's a great ride for a view as you can build them really tall. Kind of in the wrong place for that though. near the front of the park taking in the coasters and the entrance would have been better for that ride.

id bet money on it being a loop swing. Good capacity, about 20m tall. Compact enough footprint to still be able to retheme the area and provide access to show stage. Gondolas to face forward towards stunt driver.

as for designs, I'd say it's 100% complete. They would have to start building sets now, so I'd say it would have already all been approved and licences aquired/contracts signed.

Edited by Levithian

23 hours ago, Hypermarket Hero said:

I am all for this alleged WWF overhaul! Especially if the section just before the last drop is given a much more impressive ending than just a strobe light and some sound effects. Probably based on the rides history we won’t be seeing any spark or flame effects despite my greatest wishes. I hope this is true!

Totally agree. WWF is one of those signature attractions that MW needs to treat with love and care. So long as Movie World exists, so should this ride. Like the classic Disney attractions that last forever. Do they still have the fog in the geyser section? I vaguely remember from my last trip that it was gone. The outdoor section also needed attention -- rotting/moudly teepee scene and some ghost town effects not working. But most important of all is the final room at the top of the mountain. It'd be terrific if they would reinstate the expanding barrel and smoke/wind gust that used to create a simulated explosion effect that'd 'push' the boats into the drop. It's always been severely lacking since the fire.

Edited by GoGoBoy

16 minutes ago, dmh said:

I'm don't have the intention of breaching any policy. Sorry I said anything parks peps

You didn't, don't stress 

14 minutes ago, GoGoBoy said:

Totally agree. WWF is one of those signature attractions that MW needs to treat with love and care. So long as Movie World exists, so should this ride. Like the classic Disney attractions that last forever. Do they still have the fog in the geyser section? I vaguely remember from my last trip that it was gone. The outdoor section also needed attention -- rotting/moudly teepee scene and some ghost town effects not working. But most important of all is the final room at the top of the mountain. It'd be terrific if they would reinstate the expanding barrel and smoke/wind gust that used to create a simulated explosion effect that'd 'push' the boats into the drop. It's always been severely lacking since the fire.

It would also be nice if the geysers after the backwards drop were timed to actually wet you, at least during the summer months. Getting wet on a water ride... Who'd have thunk it! 

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic