Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

It looks the most logical place for the roller coaster. I would imagine if that's the case then the entertainment and lakeside precincts would be at the front end of the park, with access through where the old Stars Cafe / bar was.

Maybe the "Worlds best" attraction will be in one of the two new precincts. 

Edited by pushbutton

57 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

have you taken any pictures of any chance? 

No I didn't. But there wasn't much to take photos of. Some of the garden beds had plants removed, and the logs that was supporting the garden/soil, had been taken out. There were bins, in which the gardens were would put the plants in. The workmen that were entering the building, also had some 'official' looking people with them (they were wearing suits, that's why I think that), and made some paper in hand, and were talking and pointing at the building, before entering inside.

56 minutes ago, Zanstabar said:

Out of curiosity, do you think we'll see the facades and maybe Boot Hill stay? Or are these demolition works appearing to include all of that sub-Western area?

From what I saw today, I'm assuming that everything within that fenced area will be removed, and that will turn into the enterance and part of the queue area. I'd say that the show stage will stay, but will be completed gutted inside. Then that will house the station and start and end of the coaster. And the main section of track will be behind it.

On 31/1/2016 at 13:29, xRazzBerryx said:

true but thay already have rollercoasters to choA flat would be nice, although there must be a reason why they don't put in many flats. It must be the direction they would like the park to go in? Six Flags MM has hardly any flats and its still a great park. Also, if the GP saw a flat & then a coaster, most would pick the coaster. 

even tho i wish this  new attraction was not a roller coaster it is cool to see the old show stage may form part of the coaster with a dark ride start or finish to the coaster maybe

i reckon none of it is going and you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves thinking of removing the stage or gutting it to be part of a new ride.

It just looks like the fencing is back to the western facade of the show stage and towards the toilet block. Looks like the prayer room building, Boot Hill, the rotunda thing and the strongman hammer game thing are all going. Western games to stay, facade along Scooby to stay, and of course the toilet block to stay. Leaves the space in between which is fairly long, but kind of narrow.

im still placing my bets on the show stage to get a bit of a make over, and a flat ride of maybe 800-1000 capacity to fill the void of the buildings being removed. 

On 31/1/2016 at 14:48, xRazzBerryx said:

A dark ride I assume.

why is everyone so down on a new dark ride been added to movie world or sea world .

they once had 3 world class well themed dark rides that a lot of us grew up with and they are a missed part of our parks

not everyone loves or likes every new attraction to be a roller coaster

@Levithian Not sure that those conclusions make sense given the expanse of the construction site, which currently includes the show stage (I'm more than sure they're capable of gutting the insides even when the construction fence is close) as well as the information (albeit limited) given to us from WVTP. They have said that a new world-class attraction is being built, have applied for permits - one of which outlines a roller coaster - and there is no other viable piece of land in which a large-scale ride can be constructed in the park's current footprint. 

1 hour ago, themagician said:

I'd say that the show stage will stay, but will be completed gutted inside. Then that will house the station and start and end of the coaster. And the main section of track will be behind it.

Yeah if they do end up using it for the ride, I hope they utilise that building well. Have an awesome pre section of the ride before the lift hill, launch or whatever it turns out to be. 

24 minutes ago, JeffreyMoore said:

why is everyone so down on a new dark ride been added to movie world or sea world .

I'm pretty sure a lot of people on here love dark rides, including myself. I was only saying that comment as a joke, because we all know how much Push loves his dark rides ;) hahaha 

Their last attraction (besides Driving School) was Justice League, which is a dark ride.. So you normally don't see b2b dark rides at one park unless you're at Disney or Universal. 

If this is for a massive, worlds best roller coaster that is going to blow everyone's minds, where is the hype? Given the area is already being cleared, where are the deliveries arriving? It won't take long to level the area once they get machines in, where are the piles waiting to be driven to get the project started. It just seems delayed for such a big development, surely someone would have stumbled upon equipment being delivered already? There's only, what? Three points of site access to the park? The staff gate, the back gate behind the sheds and the one through studios? Could the one down green lantern even take trucks anymore to make it a 4th? Where are they going to place it all if it's being built in one of the areas they use for storage.

When we saw the planning applications come out, they were doing a LOT of drilling in the very northern end of the car park, more closer to green lantern and a whole bunch more in the grass car park overflow area. This sounds a lot more like a large scale development being planned. Possibly the hotel, but it's also kind of weird being so north in the car park and across the road. 

we are just assuming this world best attraction to be a huge roller coaster and that it's going to be built now given this is the first area to show signs of development. You guys are putting two and two together and speculating amazing things which are a bit like day dreaming.

Considerable earth works would be required and changes to the terrain would occur if the show stage is to be removed and land is made available next to Wild West. Where is the application for this? We've seen nothing of the sort and they are already tearing into the area. At best there is an application for demolition of existing structures, no operational works though. 

The dollar has been pretty average for some time now. If you were to put a conservative 20% on the cost because of the currency conversion, some of the proposals being thrown about would see budgets easily in excess of 30 million for one attraction. That would have to be a record wouldn't it? Especially considering the earth and drainage works that would end up being performed.

i think that's a little unrealistic given the scope for development vrtp obviously has for the next 3-5 years. If it was their only planned development and they wanted to make a statement, it wouldn't be that outrageous, but it's not. It's a lot of cash to draw upon, looking back over previous end of year reports I'm not even sure they would have the available funds to pull off the kind of developments people are suddenly thinking. Think I remember seeing figures of around 200 million made available?

Kind of limited as far as exclusion zones around the western area as people still need access to games and wild west. I just can't see track and fences greeting and shuffling them to a narrow corridor down past west burgers to get to west.

The area proposed above also seems to house what looks like a plant building on top of the hill behind Scooby Doo. Given close proximity to the biggest power guzzlers in the park, and all the sheds at the back, It could be a substation. It's on the high ground of the park too actually, so it could be water and/or fire services now I think about it. It's also a big space used as a dumping ground for anything that can't be made to fit around the park. Call it a graveyard? Lol. 

i know we have seen applications mentioning a roller coaster. I'm just not so sure we are going to see it in this part of the park. I'm also not so sure it'll be the worlds best attraction talked about, well, not in the scale some people might be thinking. I'd say wait a bit and see what actually occurs in the area first, it doesn't look like the show stage is going anywhere yet.

we would know a lot more about where funds have been funnelled when the next end of year report is due. 

too long? I'll shorten it.

Not sure about budgets being thrown around.

Kind of strange not to see deliveries arriving by now for such a massive development.

wheres the application to support the earth works needed if this is the coaster?

Not sure about position. think it's not for the coaster, maybe something more suited to only the area excluded now.

Everything is still speculation until end of year report lets some information slip or we see some real developments occur (which ever comes first). 

At the moment we've just got a few daisies being disturbed and some people are already losing their minds at the possibilities of what could happen.

ill wait a bit until I join the coaster bandwagon.

18 minutes ago, xRazzBerryx said:

Yeah if they do end up using it for the ride, I hope they utilise that building well. Have an awesome pre section of the ride before the lift hill, launch or whatever it turns out to be. 

I'm pretty sure a lot of people on here love dark rides, including myself. I was only saying that comment as a joke, because we all know how much Push loves his dark rides ;) hahaha 

Their last attraction (besides Driving School) was Justice League, which is a dark ride.. So you normally don't see b2b dark rides at one park unless you're at Disney or Universal. 

ok just i have noticed quit a few remarks made to push about dark rides witch he may or not find as a joke

movie world opened with 2 dark rides warner brothers classics and the great gremlins adventure & the looney tunes river ride

both rides i miss very much and movie world will never be the same without them

sure we have justice league now but i feel they need to replace eather the looney tunes tunes river ride with a new looney tunes or other wb kids franchise dark ride and or a new dark ride to replace the burmuda triangle on the sea viper site at seaworld

6 minutes ago, Levithian said:

snip

Someone mentioned the other day coaster parts were viewable at Lytton transport hubs.

2 minutes ago, JeffreyMoore said:

ok just i have noticed quit a few remarks made to push about dark rides witch he may or not find as a joke

Push doesn't find anything as a joke

^Generally track and supports won't arrive on site until they're needed. Once the ground work is complete then supports will arrive and be installed, and then as that nears completion, the track will arrive and then be installed. I don't think we need to worry about them being behind or anything. We don't even have an opening date or even what it is yet. I'm hoping for a January opening, but that all depends on how big and how much work needs to be done. Despite nothing being confirmed, except that MW are getting a roller coaster, Im pretty confident in saying that what we have seen in the last couple of days is all a part of the construction of the new coaster.

20 minutes ago, Levithian said:

Is it track and supports though? Or something else like cars or gondolas?

Someone mentioned track on freight street lytton. Don't know how true it was and I can't find the post now. Was going to go and check it out but didn't want to look dodgy just slowly cruising the street as there's no reason for really anyone but workers to be down there. 

Edited by reanimated35

3 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Someone mentioned track on freight street lytton. Don't know how true it was and I can't find the post now. Was going to go and check it out but didn't want to look dodgy just slowly cruising the street as there's no reason for really anyone but workers to be down there. 

It's not like you're doing anything wrong if you just drive by. You're not jumping fences, you're not stealing corporate secrets, you're just driving down a street. At the end of the day, it's your call but I just think it's not a bizarre thing to be doing.

If someone does find a picture or a least sees the track, then we might be able to narrow down a manufacturer. This is going to be a very, very exciting time in our parks. I can't wait to see what's next!

https://www.facebook.com/Parkz.AU/photos/p.10153379144011616/10153379144011616/?type=3&theater

We can save you the bother of traveling to see the alleged coaster track

Personally, I don't think there's much chance of anything going into Rick's Courtyard.  The ONLY thing that MIGHT be related to a new ride is relocating the prayer room to that part of the park, but honestly I just made that up in an attempt to relate the two construction zones. 

FWIW, I think Leviathan is basically spot on with his wild speculation.

Edited by joz

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic