Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

1 hour ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

image.jpeg

Thanks for the updates Ninja. I guess that framework behind the op booth confirms they are going to try and disguise the gap with more facade. good on them for following through!

I do hope they still plan to do something with the top white bar on showstage though.

6 hours ago, joz said:

It never really occurred to me, but that's a really long time till opening when the ride is (more or less) installed.

Big teases huh..

assuming their must be a long way to go theming wise and logistically the ride had to be in place before it could be done for site access reasons 

7 minutes ago, downunder said:

That's probably the most important bit to Movie World.

I wonder if they'll slap the dreaded locker tax on this one like Superman?

Nah. The lockers will be added to the new rollercoaster next year though. Can't really put them on a flat ride since you always end at the same location. But they will make sure the new coaster has 2 stations and add a gift shop at the exit and forced locker hire outside the shop.

Some from today. And yes, i am aware the last 2 are out of focus. Also looks like they have removed the 'bent steel' bits from behind the booth.IMG_1379.jpgIMG_1377.jpgIMG_1385.jpgIMG_1381.jpgIMG_1383.jpg

Was told by a staff member today that it will be a shop.

Do we know if this ride will have on-ride photos??

Edited by JaggedJanine

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

I know it isn't lockers, but it is bag storage separate to the ride itself - and could very well have been lockers instead of free storage:

• The Claw
  • Wipeout

There might not be bag storage at all, I'm thinking riders will put their bags on the floor like on Tailspin, Giant Drop or the Freak Out travelling ride, since I don't believe Twin Hammers have moving floors like The Claw or Arkham Asylum. 

MW will put the locker tax on the new coaster however. Granted, that is quite obvious.

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic