Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

37 minutes ago, Wyncenuros said:

I was just happy that we got bonus pics!!! :mellow:

Yeah but I don't want to scroll through a thousand photos that are basically the same as what was already posted. Maybe we need a construction photo thread and a discussion thread?

31 minutes ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

and a video ;) 

you will be happy to know Theme Park Girl also posted photos however it's on her Facebook page, can't get enough or Doomsday we see 

I'm well aware of the great photos she's posted on her page. I'm not sure if you intended to finish your sentence there or not. 

Just going to get the rest of my shots up before @JaggedJanine @Theme Park Girl or @pin142 get theirs up :P 

If you want higher detail on any particular area, let me know - 99% these images are all resized to 26% of their full size. 

IMG_2317.jpgIMG_2319.jpgIMG_2320.jpgIMG_2322.jpgIMG_2323.jpgIMG_2324.jpgIMG_2326.jpg

I'm hoping they put some sort of facade up here to block this view, but I'm sure they'll do something. 

IMG_2327.jpg

Close-up shot of the 'roof' over what might be part of the queue, next to the control booth. 

IMG_2544.jpg

This I'm guessing is going to become a broken billboard. Seems as though what we're looking at here will be the back of it due to the support beams. 

IMG_2545.jpgIMG_2548.jpgIMG_2549.jpgIMG_2550.jpgIMG_2552.jpgIMG_2553.jpgIMG_2554.jpg

Perhaps the placement of the shop has to do with sight-lines and immersion?

Placing a decently sized building towards the entry of the new themed area would help block out some of the Western Town themeing outside the area. It's not a perfect idea by any means, but it is a theory that seems somewhat likely.

Edited by Zanstabar

On 14/06/2016 at 9:44 PM, Theme Park Girl said:

I popped in this arvo too, first thing I noticed was the cool bent steel effect going up around the back of the control booth of DD.... :) 

13416761_1935870343306339_5370424781210649189_o.jpg

Judging by this, and the photo I posted above, they decided to extend that room/area/theming. Hopefully the twisted steel comes back soon. 

3 hours ago, iwerks said:

Wouldn't it be cool if they had a large Doomsday Destroyer figure above the twisted or broken metal, a bit like the Rampage character at Adventure World.

I would bet that there will be a large scale figure, similar to one in early concept art for the Doomsday Tower.

post-1-0-80718100-1378797965.jpg

On 08/07/2016 at 3:28 PM, skeetafly said:

I guess it depends which Doomsday they are going for.

The Doomsday character is already featured in the promotional material (website/park signage), so it would most likely be that version:P

5-comic-characters-that-can-deafeat-doomsday-418103.jpg

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic