Sea World updates 2016

To be pedantic, they said a Sensor Fault, which doesn't mean a faulty sensor.

Different parks have different policies on how they deal with ride stops. Some prefer to send cars through until all guests get back to the station, others have a policy to evac all guests after a ride stop (VRTP being such parks).

There are pros and cons to each.

Obviously what happened with The Smiler is definitely a con!

6 hours ago

Media kicked off Seaworld property. Unoccupied cart remains stuck on broken roller coaster — everyone now back on land@9NewsBrisbane

Hahaha...  Even SW got sick of their crap enough to kick them out...

LOL. If you had made the attempt to try and report at least mildly factually, you'd probably have been allowed to stay.

This isn't the first ridiculous reporting from @SamCucchiara9 (i think his report on the GL incident comes to mind). He shits me to tears... and this is why he's stuck in a regional bureau. 

#whatacockhead #SamCucchiara9

I haven't been to SW since Carinvale so I was very happy to find out that we were able to make a pit stop to SW this afternoon , I think the new Plaza looks great I love the new fountain and the new ride they built (the bridge), I will have some photos when I get home soon as they were taken on my camera. Not sure if anyone has addressed this in the Storm queue line, one of the TV monitors plays the pre-show of the old Bermuda Triangle, good to see part of it's legacy continues on ?

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

time for some photos from my trip yesterday :D 

IMG_1027.JPG

IMG_1031.JPG

I don't think this guy was excited to see me :PIMG_1032.jpg

the new Plaza looks great, I think the fountain looks really good 

IMG_1033.JPGIMG_1034.JPGIMG_1036.JPGIMG_1037.JPG

the Trick or Treat event was on when I was there yesterday, I think it will be fun for the kids  they were doing face painting and had characters walking around the new Plaza, good to see that MW isn't the only park that is getting into the Halloween sprit this year :)

IMG_1035.JPG

also it's not a update without a photo of the Storm!^_^ IMG_1040.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

When I rode the Viking Flume, I found it alright, a nice ride to fill time with a nice theme. I found it rather short and looking like it needed a little bit of love. I'm hoping that the period of down time it's seeing is some improvements. Definitely a good idea to make sure standards are higher than needed in safety especially after DW incident, but I'm also hoping they maybe add a bit more theming. I found it pretty bland once you get into the castle and beforehand felt like a missed opportunity. Before the lift hill, maybe there could be some theming similar to WWF but themed to Vikings, like a broken ship. The ride did feel quite short so, if they incorporated a story into the pre-lift hill, maybe they could slow the movement through that part making the ride a lot longer but not actually having to rebuild anything.

16 hours ago, bladex said:

i didn't even know there was a grate in the viking slide how does the water keep going down the slide over it? that's just weird.

The topside of the flume has water for flotation, and momentum. Too much water flowing down the drop would result in a backup at the bottom of the drop. If the boat hits too high, it would aquaplane, potentially causing issues. By allowing most of the water to drain away before it reaches the bottom, the water level at the bottom can be controlled.

• 2 weeks later...

General park update:

Some new elements/theming/decoration has been added to The Plaza. And the white picket fence that was behind the frozen coke stand has been removed.

IMG_5054.JPG

IMG_5056.JPG

IMG_5103.JPG

IMG_5102.JPG

The boat propellor has been removed from storm

IMG_5061.JPG

I really wish/hope they replace the shade sails in Polar Bear Shores

IMG_5097.JPG

The Humpback still hasn't been put back in place

IMG_5110.JPG

And it wouldn't be an update from me without a photo that was taken the right way up but uploads upside. Anyways, here's some nice boulders on the old Sea Viper site

IMG_5109.JPG

IMG_5111.JPG

Edited by themagician