2016 for Movie World

Finally got to meet Greg, the manager of Movie World today. Top bloke! I was flattered that he recognised me, even if slightly embarrassed as well lol ?

Had a nice little chat for a bit about the new DC Super-Villians area, Doomsday Destroyer and other upcoming things for the park (nothing specific, before anyone asks ?) and I'll tell you what... after that chat, I'm even more excited about this new area opening up in October.

It's gonna be mind blowing!! And if it alone is anything to go by, the future attractions are going to be spectacular as well. 

Definitely be excited, folks. It's gonna be so worth the wait ????

Edited by Theme Park Girl

I apologise for the orientation and size of this photo, but I won't be home for a while and this is apparently how my phone wants to post the picture.  

I spotted this in the paper today.  Seems Movie World wants to build a carpark across the road from its current carpark, which is a good move considering how ordinary the parking situation is at present during summer, and how it promises to get worse with all the new developments.  As you'd expect, locals ask, "Will someone please think of the children!"

image.jpeg

Edited by joz

so I was at Arkham just a minute a go, there was one thing that caught my attention in the control booth when I was lining up, there was a poster saying The Amazing Race is coming to Movie World in 2016, obviously we know this isn't a new attraction that Movie World.

I would say we would be seeing filming happening at Movie World soon so if you want your 15 seconds of fame this is your chance :) 

1 hour ago, joz said:

I apologise for the orientation and size of this photo, but I won't be home for a while and this is apparently how my phone wants to post the picture.  

I spotted this in the paper today.  Seems Movie World wants to build a carpark across the road from its current carpark, which is a good move considering how ordinary the parking situation is at present during summer, and how it promises to get worse with all the new developments.  As you'd expect, locals ask, "Will someone please think of the children!"

image.jpeg

'A car could go through our fence if it were speeding through a carpark'

So if a car was speeding along the street in-front of you it wouldn't go through your fence? That's a really stupid argument.

Sounds like a good idea, as long as getting from this new carpark to the park isn't a struggle.

Why can they just extend the current carpark out. I don't think adding one on the other side of the road is a good idea, and as said, unless they construct a bridge, it isn't the safest option, and is a reasonable distance from the entry gate. I suppose as the park grows and more popular, they will need more parking (which they already do need during Summer), but I don't feel like that space is appropriate.

3 hours ago, pin142 said:

Those complaining about distance from the car park to the gate have never been to a US park. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and even Magic Mountain to a point have car parks that aren't exactly close to the entrance. They run a shuttle bus from the entrance to the car park at both parks.

Alton towers has its monorail system. 

If the land is appropriately zoned, I can't see how any of the surrounding neighbours could have much to complain about. Its an open area so the animal\wildlife argument doesn't work. Besides - you don't own the land so you can't complain about losing the benefit of it if it is owned by someone else. 

What are they supposed to do with the kids during construction? Work it out hun! The kids will enjoy seeing the big bulldozers too!

I do hope they're looking at a multideck lot, but given the proximity to residences, that probably won't happen.

Typical NIMBY responses. I just hope their objections aren't upheld and this project goes ahead.

6 hours ago, djrappa said:

Obviously Movie World's carpark will disappear with all they have planned. This carpark idea makes perfect sense!

I don't think it's obvious. Why would they get ride of carpark spaces. And for a ride to be in the carpark, how would you get to it. Yes if part of a coasters track went over the carpark, then it's possible, but I doubt it. They wouldn't want to remove spaces, especially since it can be overflowing in peak times.

Magician, I think you need to remember the knowledge and experience of some members may trump your opinion here. 

At Movie World, you can get a carpark that is less than 60 metres from the front gate. At Magic Mountain, it's that distance just from the metal detector to the gate... and its a hell of a lot longer to the parking lot. Good luck getting parking anywhere near that outside of a Disney park.

The fact of the matter is that the carpark is very close to the park's eastern border. They can't build west, because of residential. They can't go north because of the creek and housing, South is studios, etc. East is the only direction they have broad control over - and if you want to build more - you need land close to the park. The parking lot is close to the park, so thats what they'll use. Of course, council will most likely impose conditions on them that if they resume x number of parking spaces, they'll need to build another x number.

So they're not getting rid of parking spaces, they're relocating them.

Lets face it. The carpark at movieworld is a joke anyway. Poor entry and exit. Massive bottle necks in a number of places. Hell, when it's busy enough its dangerous even driving in the front access road as people just wander all over the place. Im really surprised more people aren't happy that this may mean they are going to have a better design.Not that this would be the end result, but Id happily walk 5-10 mins if it meant I could leave pretty much right away, rather than sit for half an hour or more in my car due to traffic.