Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback

Theme Park Girl

20 minutes ago, xRazzBerryx said:

Oh awesome :) will these wristbands be given out in the shop? Also, have you noticed any scanning devices near the statues? I'm assuming that's how they will work?

you're welcome IMG_0402.jpg

some more photos from today

IMG_0364.jpgIMG_0381.jpgIMG_0393.jpgIMG_0380.jpgIMG_0394.jpgIMG_0370.jpg

the last three were taken on my phoneIMG_0029.JPGIMG_0032.JPGIMG_0050.JPG

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

@xRazzBerryx unfortunately I don't know any further details other than what I was told earlier in the year, which was just about the wristbands' existence, and that they are used to interact with the area surroundings.

I can only assume they will be available from the shop, and that the final implementation of such technology will be put into place over the next week, which is why most of the statues are still sectioned off as they aren't still quite ready for us yet :)  

So long as no one broke any rules, did anything stupid or pestered any staff then I don't see the harm in sharing photos of anything and everything. That's pretty much the Parkz policy.

I think it all looks really great and any publicity by way of photos on Parkz is only going to help build hype at this point.

@Richard yeah, I know. I'm just aware of what was asked by the general manager of peeps who attended the TVC, so I'm trying to be somewhat respectful of that. At the time, what statues in the area that were covered or off limits, was also requested to be off limits to the internet until the official opening day. 

Waiting one more week can't hurt.

Edited by Theme Park Girl

3 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

@Richard yeah, I know. I'm just aware of what was asked by the general manager of peeps who attended the TVC, so I'm trying to be somewhat respectful of that. At the time, what statues in the area that were covered or off limits, was also requested to be off limits to the internet until the official opening day. 

It was pretty much just things that were not visible or what we weren't able to take photos of from the public area that were a no go. Now that the area is open and a lot of the extra theming can be seen even without sticking a camera over a fence, i don't see why we can't now post them.

Edited by JaggedJanine

7 minutes ago, JaggedJanine said:

a lot of the extra theming can be seen even without sticking a camera over a fence,

Yeah I understand that, and I think that's fair enough. But it's the ones like Poison Ivy, Scarecrow etc. that were clearly sectioned off in the area, and had people having to go extra effort in order to see or photograph them. When I was there earlier this morning, a lot of staff stationed on the ride were clearly expressing their discontent when they could see people sneakily sticking cameras over or under the partitions. One was even standing over near the Poison Ivy area on and off to try and prevent people from doing it.

To me, that respectfully says "wait until next week".

Each to their own though, this is just my stance on things given on my experience there today. I'd just rather not do anything which is going to tread on toes, at least not after previously been asked not to.

I apologise if I caused any grief on here by posting some of these pictures ?

just before asks, none of the  MW employees in the area didn't pull me up on the photos that I took today despite the fact some of them saw me taking photos, but nonetheless it's going to be awesome to see the final product in seven days ?

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

17 minutes ago, themagician said:

Were there any signs of multiple queue lines for different cycle speeds/rotation of arms?

Only noticed 3 signs. One for Fast track, one for single riders and one for the normal queue. But I'll have another look tomorrow.

Edited by JaggedJanine

11 minutes ago, themagician said:

Thanks for that info @JaggedJanine. From what I've heard so far from people, it isn't too intense of ride, so probably wouldn't be a point to multiple ride modes. Unlike Pandamonium, where i think it definitely needs to offer two modes. 

This ride is definitely suitable for all. Pandamonium is just a headache so it definitely needed a softer style.

4 minutes ago, Jackson13Walasek said:

Am I the only one that thinks the DD is almost exactly the same as the hangover/kamikaze/ranger rides normally at agricultural royal shows??? 

Idk maybe it's just me but ever since I've seen the first glimps of this ride it feels very similar to those

We all know that's what it is, but it's more about the execution of it and the area around it. 

More importantly @Theme Park Girl @JaggedJanine - was there any steam yet?

16 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

We all know that's what it is, but it's more about the execution of it and the area around it. 

More importantly @Theme Park Girl @JaggedJanine - was there any steam yet?

Yeah that's very true! The  precision to detail is nothing what I expected the area to look like. MW did an amazing job, I can't wait to see it in person!

Visited MW today and had my first ride on DD..

Themeing throughout the area is impressive - I can't wait to return and see everything in all it's glory!

The Weather was pretty terrible today which was great for us as we experienced little to no wait all day.

I only rode DD once. We would have gone again however riding in the rain didn't seem like our idea of a good time. Tbh, if it was more thrilling, I  wouldn't have cared less about the rain and gone again and again. As others have said, the ride is not super thrilling - it is a lot of fun. We were among only a total of about 10 riders aboard, so given the ride was only about a third occupied, I believe it would be a much better experience when riding with a full load, adding atmosphere to the experience. 

I would also like to caution those of larger size that this ride will be your most challenging one to be accomodated. Myself, I am of bigger build and have no problems with riding Scooby-Doo or any other rides at MW. In fact the only other ride I have found a similar squeeze has been The Claw. 

Personally, I would love DD to go faster. It feels very controlled (like wipeout) with no free/momentum based motion. I guess that's why ppl are less inclined to motion sickness? As free fall motion is not a possibility with DD, a faster ride would certainly add to the thrills. I would love to know if going faster is even possible? Judging by the size of the motors Im going to say so.

Others would possibly find DD frightening if it is their first time being held upside down from a fair height. On the thrill meter, they might rate it 9/10. I would give it 5/10 and rate every other thrill ride ahead. Scooby-Doo included.

The entire area as a whole, I rate 7/10 and would happily give it another point if the ride could be sped up or offer a faster, more thrilling mode.

Thrill ratings aside, this is a much needed attraction for the Park and will further assist with balancing out the Crowds who will find themselves more evenly dispersed whilst adding a needed extra half hour play time. After the big coaster next year, I really want to see a classy spin and spew flat added to the old Lethal Weapon Q/cinema area. With no Adult/family spin rides to date, I believe it would round things out very nicely.

Edited by MickeyD
Spelling

On 17/09/2016 at 6:08 PM, Theme Park Girl said:

Didn't they ask you to not take photos of in the shop too?    

Not to mention it's a place entirely unrestricted, open and accessible to the public, as opposed to having barricades up and being intentionally off-limits to guests. Highly debatable issue, and also a completely different one if you ask me ?

Visited the VL area today for the first time and LOVED it. Can't wait for all the interactive areas to be finished off. I did however notice a few major puddles forming (enough to get your socks wet) including at the entrance to the ride itself. I'm not sure how easy/hard these are to fix, but I hope they figure something out.

• Richard changed the title to Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback