Dreamworld - no new roller coaster 2017-18?

Jamberoo Fan

Is there a link to the announcement @Brad2912? I'm interested in reading it. Depending on what the plans are, it could be possible then that Blue Lagoon might be being prepared for construction but unless Dreamworld Express is closed, I'd think it is unlikely (particularly if it is to build a gate).

I don't think they would be 'late to the party' - yeah, the Commonwealth Games are in April 2018 but that only draws in tourists for 2 weeks. After all the media exposure during the Games, they should be another tourism boost after a short interval possibly in late 2018.

Was in The Australian yesterday coupled with Scentre Groups FY results announcement. The master plan for the town centre & surrounds are easily accessible on GCPD or GCCC website (pain in ass to find it on a mobile device and post it myself). 

Also just Found out a hotel/resort was approved by council this week for Foxwell rd next to the town centre, also opening late 2018

Thanks. From the plans I found on the GCCC website, it looks highly likely any new gate will come from near the Vintage Cars - there is a clear arrow pointing from Coomera Railway Station, navigating through the Westfield development site before stopping just near the Australian Wildlife Experience. It also seems to be built in 3 stages - the DW end being in Stage 2 (Part A). The supermarket in DW's end though can only begin trading...:

'...only after Retail Anchors in Stage 1...are trading.'

Unsure if anyone has seen these already but I also found these plans of Stage 1 of Westfield Coomera if anyone is interested (doesn't include DW end).

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Also just Found out a hotel/resort was approved by council this week for Foxwell rd next to the town centre, also opening late 2018

Link for that too, please?

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

Thanks. I thought it was near the Westfield development but looking at Google Earth, it is about 4km away from DW. I found it through GCCC's PD Online (which I assume is what you mean by GCPD). Good for the Gold Coast but theme park-wise, nothing special - just ordinary local development. It's 215 rooms, a narrow complex and to be called along the lines of 'Coomera China Gardens Hotel/Resort' - something like that. It is themed to China.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

8 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Whilst it may appear 'nothing special' it caters and is targeted for a massive demographic DW caters for (Asian tourists). It will also be the first resort style accommodation up the far northern end of the GC

InterContinental Sanctuary Cove? Or do you consider that too far away?

14 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Whilst it may appear 'nothing special' it caters and is targeted for a massive demographic DW caters for (Asian tourists).

Yeah, true but I was more hoping it was a 'Nara Resort'-type hotel/resort that connected to either DW or the Westfield development. You only said Foxwell Road originally so I could only hope it was very near DW or the Westfield development.

Checked with my boss, expecting a media conference late October, early November about DW and WWW 2017 plans. Should see Construction fences popping up soon I have personally have no idea what it could be and our marketing team does not even know. With WWW however I can confirm there will be a new slide tower in the green area besides the Little Rippers (but is all I can say on the matter at this stage.)

And yes the boarded up view on the Railway is to block a carpark nothing more.

Edited by www worker 2.0

2 hours ago, www worker 2.0 said:

Checked with my boss, expecting a media conference late October, early November about DW and WWW 2017 plans. Should see Construction fences popping up soon I have personally have no idea what it could be and our marketing team does not even know. With WWW however I can confirm there will be a new slide tower in the green area besides the Little Rippers (but is all I can say on the matter at this stage.)

Come on surely you could tell us more about the slide tower if there just going to announce it next month. Never understood this confidential information crap.

On 22/09/2016 at 9:42 PM, GoGoBoy said:

...Macquarie parted ways with Dreamworld long ago, if that's what you are implying. No bank involved now. But still, I agree with the sentiment. For a long time it has been pretty clear Ardent has tried to get maximum gain out of DW with minimum investment. They are incredibly reluctant to spend any serious capex on the place. Possibly even more so under the new CEO. Not to the extent of the old Sunway/Wonderland of course, but still not good. And with MW's giant coaster around the corner (plus Doomsday, plus the better VR experience, plus everything) and absolutely no sign that DW will be doing anything significant in response, well, it's all looking a little sad. And yes, it is looking like the Dreamworld asset may be the next thing Ardent offloads to focus on overseas arcade interests.

On 22/09/2016 at 10:11 PM, reanimated35 said:

dw.jpg

On 22/09/2016 at 10:32 PM, GoGoBoy said:

And I respond with...

Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 10.31.47 PM.png

Just to add to that...

The Combined Notice of Meetings includes a proposal to change the name of Ardent Leisure Limited to "Main Event Entertainment Limited" to better reflect the Group's focus on entertainment and the fast growing Main Event Entertainment business in the United States.

On 22 March 2016, the Group announced a number of strategic initiatives designed to reposition the Group as Australia's leading international entertainment business. The Board has approved the change of Company name subject to investor approval in general meeting and believes that the new name fully reflects the Group's focus on entertainment & the fast growing Main Event Entertainment business in the United States.

If the name change is approved the Manager will also change the name of "Ardent Leisure Trust" to "Main Event Entertainment Trust" as authorised by clause 1.1 of the Ardent Leisure Trust constitution.

If name change is approved, it would take effect late October/early November - depends on when the Australian Securities & Investment Commission amends the Company's registration.

Source

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

5 hours ago, www worker 2.0 said:

Is this the potential for WWW stage 2 to surface again or was this unrelated? 

3 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

If name change is approved, it would take effect late October/early November - depends on when the Australian Securities & Investment Commission amends the Company's registration.

6 hours ago, www worker 2.0 said:

Checked with my boss, expecting a media conference late October, early November about DW and WWW 2017 plans.

I wonder if it is just a coincidence?

41 minutes ago, UpperCoomera said:

Will they will be demolishing Big Brother house for this new development?

I'm sure we'll know more than what we know now once the announcement is made. We don't even know WHAT is coming, let alone where. For example if its just a flat, we'll probably see it appear in ocean parade (again). If they start talking about full circuit coasters - there are less spots it could be and blue lagoon or big brother start to look more likely.

Nobody can answer your question at this stage as we literally know only what you've already read above.