DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

^I hope they are, I want an Intamin dammit lol (stomps around like Cartman).

Now we know it's Mack, the question is are they getting another launched coaster or will Mack build a more traditional hyper or will be something else altogether?

Based on riding many of both manufacturers, Intamin and Mack, I personally prefer Intamin because they have a bit more punch, but it still should be a great ride.

Ah one question gets answered and now there's many more... 

Edited by downunder

Given that the designs for the characters in the JL3D ride and the Superman costume are based on The New 52 Justice League...

Batman, Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, The Atom, Element Woman, Firestorm, Shazam, Lex Luthor, Captain Cold, Power Ring

Take out what they already have...

Batman, Superman, Green Lantern...

They currently have costume characters of Flash and Wonder Woman...

Funnily enough Supergirl was not in the original New 52 but was in the Justice League United version where a lot of the others weren't...

Not being a water ride I doubt Aquaman would be a fit...  I would also think for a large coaster they would go with a more well known character...

Due to location I also doubt a villian would be chosen unless it is something more tied into Darkseid vs JL...

Flash or Wonder Woman are my bets...  To a smaller degree Cyborg and Supergirl...

With the Flash and WW movies coming up, it's most likely going to be one of them. I agree with reanimated on Flash if it's launched or WW for a chain lift.

So now it's probably down between a launch coaster or one of their new hypers. Possibly one of their dive coaster concepts that I've seen around the internet.

Edited by Santa07

1 hour ago, Wyncenuros said:

Flash or Wonder Woman are my bets

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

My money is still on a flash themed launched coaster.

If chain lift, something to wonder woman's jet. 

^Me three. Although my prediction leans more towards a Flash themed, launched hyper coaster, with a semi-shuttle layout.

Reasons:

• The shape/area of the land being cleared suits an out-and-back hypercoaster style layout.
  • The location of the coaster is close to the 'dc superhero hub'; perfect for another DC superhero themed ride, and area (lakeside precinct??) to branch off from the end of the path that runs between green lantern and justice league. 
  • The new coaster is expected to open between the release dates of the Justice League movie (Nov 2017) and the standalone Flash movie (March 2018). Both feature the Flash character. Perfectly timed movie/ride tie-in.
  • A hypercoaster has been hinted at for ages through the forums and Richard's Parkz news posts. Where the ironically named 'Flash' hypercoaster built by Mack has been posted as an example multiple times -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvKFdHFo7J0.
  • MoviePark Germany is currently building a Mack launcher, with a semi-shuttle coaster layout themed to Star Trek. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtS706EPcIY

423399d1462824975-2017-neuheit-achterbah

I may be half right, but regardless, this is going to be a spectacular ride and something that will put Movieworld on the world's stage. Very excited!

Mack seems like they might be having a very big year next year. MW, Movie Park Germany, possibly Blackpool Pleasure Beach (this might be 2018? I've only heard rumours), veeeeery slight chance of SF getting one too from what I've heard (SFFT being the most likely candidate) but I guess we'll find out about that one tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Mack seems like they might be having a very big year next year. MW, Movie Park Germany, possibly Blackpool Pleasure Beach (this might be 2018? I've only heard rumours), veeeeery slight chance of SF getting one too from what I've heard (SFFT being the most likely candidate) but I guess we'll find out about that one tomorrow.

Why tomorrow? Did I miss something?

In a Parkz article from the start of the year, there was a bit about Flash at Lewa Advenure.

"The German company also offers more traditional coasters featuring lift hills, both with and without inversions. Their largest roller coaster to date is the 61 metre tall, 1273m long Flash that opened at Lewa Adventure in China earlier in 2016; this ride takes the traditional out-and-back hypercoaster ride style and adds a loop and zero-g-roll."

This would be perfect IMO. It's a Hyper, Mack & has an out and back layout. I did up a rough layout from google maps & its just too big to fit in that area, keeping in mind my measuring is very rough! 
:lol:

Flash Concept.jpg

Edited by xRazzBerryx

5 minutes ago, Gazza said:

^Doesn't have to be a direct clone of the one in China though does it?

Coasters can do these things called turns lol,  that help them fit onto sites.

No of course not! haha :D I reckon if you just take the bit that goes onto the motorway, and turn it onto that other piece of land, it might just be a perfect fit ;) But yes, something similar would be awesome! :)

Edited by xRazzBerryx

49 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

nvm, the rumours were false. Next year for SF looks really underwhelming. What we're getting is probably going to be better than all of their stuff combined.

Hah its funny.

I guess it's because it's all repeats of previous years attractions...But their Justice League rides are great! And the Joker 4D freespin coasters are pretty fun too, and popular with guests.

Though SF St Louis got shafted.....they're getting a Disko.

Edited by Gazza

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic