The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

@Ogre Thanks for the photos. I like the one where the workman is standing next to the statue, it gives a sense of how huge it is. Lol kind of looks like Iron Man at a fancy dress party, and no wonder he looks angry with that Sea World logo on his cod piece - probably not a look to draw the ladies (disclaimer: I am joking).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, downunder said:

@Ogre Thanks for the photos. I like the one where the workman is standing next to the statue, it gives a sense of how huge it is. Lol kind of looks like Iron Man at a fancy dress party, and no wonder he looks angry with that Sea World logo on his cod piece - probably not a look to draw the ladies (disclaimer: I am joking).

At that height he is carrying 2 foot the ladies won't care.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slick said:

Checked Facebook inbetween uni exams and saw this - looks like Leviathan is opening 2nd December - promo is at the link:

https://seaworld.com.au/attractions/rides-and-precincts/the-new-atlantis

Either quickly removed, or it's not showing up on that link for me. Either way, I guess that's what they're announcing in a couple hours.

16 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I wonder if they have a full alphabet for some easter eggs around the land like the Indiana Jones ride or if this is just a standalone detail for the ride's archwork.

It very much appears so, although it also seems some of the the letters changed since Vortex opened. Unless it's been called 'Vowt_x' all along.

23 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I wonder if they have a full alphabet for some easter eggs around the land like the Indiana Jones ride or if this is just a standalone detail for the ride's archwork.

To keep you busy and out of trouble.  @DaptoFunlandGuy

3.JPG.e098d5fa7e7f0cbc5ced3159a73ab677.JPG2.JPG.9d875ff7d072643721b8df282ceb1e70.JPG1.thumb.JPG.6177296732ae6d4de3a5c7707544a1ee.JPG

May be an image of outdoors and text

(stolen from @themagiciansite)

Edited by New display name
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Natti_amusements said:

Yeah I don't know if VR are big enough to have a soft opening. But did DC Rivals have one? Cause if it did then leviathan might but other than that i don't think it will

Definitely did. Was there on the Saturday, didn’t open until about 1pm.. was a lot of people waiting around out the front for a couple of hours near JL. From memory opened for about 3 or so hours. 

I’d be heading down 26th, but I wouldn’t be upset if it doesn’t open.

55 minutes ago, New display name said:

No need to sit in the park. 

SOMEone is gonna have to - otherwise who is going to post it everywhere?

If you can't visit at the drop of a hat and you don't want to waste a visit, then the same advice given regularly applies - wait until the park's posted open date for your best chance (and even then, new rides can hiccup. if you can't visit regularly, wait until it gets through it's first season and let things quieten down)

• Like 2

• Gazza locked this topic