Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

150 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

1 hour ago, themagician said:

And they are now advertising that it is opening soon instead of Late 2021

Mike from Dreamworld's been repeating that same "opening soon" all over Dreamworld socials...

It also appears Dreamworld have publicly advertised employment opportunities with the business on their home page...

2 hours ago, fletch said:

431164506_thumbnail_Image(3)_LI.thumb.jpg.3fc2116a5b6ac0bc4f3f93002127a3d0.jpg

Theres now an advertisement for ST at my local bus stop. First time I've seen an advert for it that wasn't on social media or the board outside the park.

I find the face in the ad fucking funny. it looks like one of those YouTube clickbait reaction faces

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Lot of people being stood down in 4 weeks, they have a heap of roles in fill and not much time to do it 

Source?

Statistically speaking, since we just recently reached 80% single dose as a state, the chances are less than 20% of their workforce will be impacted - and industries where vax is mandated tend to have a higher rate of vax take-up.

So I find this doubtful, and given the majority of the positions are listed as max term casual, I find it more likely the recruitment drive is predominantly a christmas peak season push.

Nice try though.

• Like 2

Village, Dreamworld and Luna Park are all doing a huge amount of hiring at the moment. I'd imagine it's got nothing to do with non-vax lay-offs, but that their accountants have given the greenlight to allocate more funds to resources now that there is more confidence in the tourism sector with international travel reopening, vaccine rates rising and national borders being relaxed.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Source?

Statistically speaking, since we just recently reached 80% single dose as a state, the chances are less than 20% of their workforce will be impacted - and industries where vax is mandated tend to have a higher rate of vax take-up.

So I find this doubtful, and given the majority of the positions are listed as max term casual, I find it more likely the recruitment drive is predominantly a christmas peak season push.

Nice try though.

Nice try what? 

The state average is just that, an average. When you consider the +60yo demographic is around the 90% mark, you can average that the young adult demo is quite below the overall state mark, and that has been confirmed multiple times - the 19-39 age bracket has lowest %, the Gold Coast one of the lowest rates in SE Qld, and the northern GC the lowest of the GC region.