Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

Wild west falls?? LTRR is most certainly closed for good.

Wild West Falls is the one I meant, thanks. Sad loss to see LTRR go as I love dark rides of all kinds. Not the end of the world though as there is still wild west falls at Movie World, and with some luck they might replace LTRR with a new dark ride (I hope).

Any ideas of what we can expect from this watercoaster? Any good vids on youtube? I cant say I have ridden a watercoaster

I too have never ridden a watercoaster but I am hoping for something like Journey To Atlantis. Not sure about the size of this ride but after watching this video on youtube, I love it.
I especially would like a ride with good ride time. (3+ minutes)

The only trouble with that abbreviated version of Journey to Atlantis (as opposed to the original dark ride version at Orlando) is that parts of the ride look so dodgy. Not sure if that is just because it is in need of maintenance and a paint job. Also, the lift portion is really strange and not effective from my point of view. It looks like something from a temporary carnival ride with all the black metal showing and that tarpaulin material

Yeah I agree. Whilst the ride system is great I really don't like the implimentation on either of the sea world rides. I got nothing of the story of the ride and it seems to just have wetness for the sake of it in places. Looking forward to seeing what our Sea World does with it.

I don't think they should make a Watercoaster, it's personal preference but when I'm on a water ride I want to feel like I'm actually boating along, not just going along a track that happens to be in water. I think they should demolish the volcano/s only and make another awesome water darkride.

I think if SWO's Journey had a more coherent story line then the water coaster ride system would be significantly more successful. It really is one of the best ride systems going around, but as Djrappa mentioned, no park has delivered a compelling ride based on the hardware. That's where I am with SW's new ride, if it's well conceived and well delivered it'll be in a class of its own and could spur a growth in this type of ride. If its the same as what's already been delivered it'll be a good, but otherwise unremarkable Aussie ride. I've been impressed with everything I've heard of the Justice League ride, I hope SW's new ride keeps the standard of impressively themed VRTP attractions going.

I have high expectations for the theming considering everything I have heard about JLAI3D. I would also think the new coaster will make use of the indoor space formerly used by Bermuda considering how the demolition has taken place so far. Also for those who have forgotten they originally planned a water coaster back in 2007! post-2212-0-85161400-1344161262_thumb.pn

Edited by One day holiday

That is why I have been saying that I wanted the park to go down a different road with a water coaster theme instead of Atlantis like the American SW's because, although I've never ridden it, I've heard a lot of reviews about a confusing story! I really wanted to see SW make this their own. A question for someone who has more knowledge on this, but if they do leave the BT building for a dark ride section before the coaster, could they say leave the trough layout in the building, and have the ride go through the old layout before going into the coaster section at some point, helping save money... if that makes sense? Or would it not fit and they would have new troughs built with a new layout? Just thinking but if it would still fit then could we see the same loading area reused, the theming around did sort of look like washed up bits and pieces from boats and the park could utilise the same queue area.

Edited by Original

See of those two POVs I'd prefer the second because at least it's just a nicely themed ride. Surely no one can tell me that have ANY idea what was going on with the Atlantis ride? It makes no sense at all. Both rides suffer the same design problem though in that they are... Theming, Theming, Theming, Unthemed lift hill, coaster portion, splash, theming, repeat. There is no reason for the lifts and coaster portion in the ride story. To tie all of the ride together would make a great ride. Look at Splash Mountain.