Movie world Maintenance 2022

Smol bean

13 hours ago, joz said:

I think this obsession with shortterm unplanned downtime has become unhealthy.

Yeah its funny how the most active threads on Parkz has been the annual maintenance topic for each park.

I miss the thoosie days when it was all about trip reports and taking photos of footers under construction 😥

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Yeah its funny how the most active threads on Parkz has been the annual maintenance topic for each park.

I miss the thoosie days when it was all about trip reports and taking photos of footers under construction 😥

I agree.  From now, I'm doing a self imposed ban that I will not read a maintenance topic again. 

What a surprise…. Imo the next ride to go at movieworld will be GL its so unreliable it’s a joke at this point… MW really don’t have a ride you can  almost always Guarantee will be open..  dreamworld have that in ST . seaworld have that in castaway bay (wait really seaworld??)  .. movieworld have that in the fountain maybe??  

Edited by REGIE

42 minutes ago, REGIE said:

What a surprise…. Imo the next ride to go at movieworld will be GL its so unreliable it’s a joke at this point… MW really don’t have a ride you can  almost always Guarantee will be open..  dreamworld have that in ST . seaworld have that in castaway bay (wait really seaworld??)  .. movieworld have that in the fountain maybe??  

I’d argue Doomsday is less reliable than Green Lantern. Superman and Rivals have been reliable, Rivals has just had bad operations as of late. Nearly all of DWs rides are reliable because they got rid of all the unreliable rides. And for SW, Storm and Jet Rescue are reliable too 

• Like 1

TBH I feel like the only unreliable rides at Movie World are Green Lantern and Doomsday. If they were at Dreamworld they would've been long gone as I think since the TRRR incident safety procedures have gone up and a higher policy of unreliable rides, which is why some rides like Buzzsaw only lasted 10 years at the park. 

2 hours ago, themagician said:

I’d argue Doomsday is less reliable than Green Lantern. Superman and Rivals have been reliable, Rivals has just had bad operations as of late. Nearly all of DWs rides are reliable because they got rid of all the unreliable rides. And for SW, Storm and Jet Rescue are reliable too 

Yes the only reason I said GL will go before DD is because of age.

And true I was probably a built harsh on seaworld 

2 hours ago, TBoy said:

TBH I feel like the only unreliable rides at Movie World are Green Lantern and Doomsday. If they were at Dreamworld they would've been long gone as I think since the TRRR incident safety procedures have gone up and a higher policy of unreliable rides, which is why some rides like Buzzsaw only lasted 10 years at the park. 

SE has opened late every time I visited the park this year and Rivals was down for unscheduled maintenance 6-10 times I went.  Same with batwing. and I don’t understand what’s going on with WWF 

but maybe I just had bad luck and chose bad days to go.

4 hours ago, REGIE said:

That plot is begging for a joker’s madhouse themed raptor. Though I think something gets done with DC super villains next once wizard of oz is completed given how that sticks out like a sore thumb. Either a retheme of DD or a new flat. Green Lantern is a solid ride unfortunately victim to dodgy experimental trains that nearly killed people

Edited by Baconjack

On 22/12/2022 at 9:53 AM, rappa said:

Yeah I mean there is a website and app for each park to tell us this. 
Does anyone reading Parkz care if downtime is listed here?

No?

Agreed?

great!

Wait, so the GP don't check parkz daily to keep updated on ride closures?  </s>

I don't want to push any boundaries or cause more work but do we really need these daily/half daily updates clogging up the threads? At least they are mostly contained in their respective threads but I'm curious how the mods feel about it

4 hours ago, Baconjack said:

That plot is begging for a joker’s madhouse themed raptor. Though I think something gets done with DC super villains next once wizard of oz is completed given how that sticks out like a sore thumb. Either a retheme of DD or a new flat. Green Lantern is a solid ride unfortunately victim to dodgy experimental trains that nearly killed people

I have been with GP friends who don’t seem to notice or think it sticks out that much.  But yes a raptor would be great for that plot , though I would be sad to seen GL go. It’s unreliable as hell but I prefer it over SE. SE has come victim to bad head banging

Edited by REGIE

2 hours ago, Stevie said:

Wait, so the GP don't check parkz daily to keep updated on ride closures?  </s>

I don't want to push any boundaries or cause more work but do we really need these daily/half daily updates clogging up the threads? At least they are mostly contained in their respective threads but I'm curious how the mods feel about it

If there’s an anomaly/something considered worth discussing in regards to Movie World’s operating or maintenance schedule, it tracks that it’ll be talked about in a thread that’s partially/solely dedicated to Movie World’s operating & maintenance schedule. And if those anomalies/updates are happening near-daily, like they’ve been in the past & with other situations, I don’t see any benefit in moderators taking action against discussing them just because they’re happening quickly. Especially if there’s nothing else worth discussing at the time.

Edited by Tricoart

1 hour ago, joz said:

As much as I hate the min by min updates, given the recent commentary in this thread, I feel it should be pointed out GL reopened, and Superman and Rivals were both running 2 trains with less than 4mins between dispatches today.

That's good about the dispatch times. Shame they can't do it for more then 4 weeks a year.

1 hour ago, joz said:

As much as I hate the min by min updates, given the recent commentary in this thread, I feel it should be pointed out GL reopened, and Superman and Rivals were both running 2 trains with less than 4mins between dispatches today.

That’s good to hear. I didn’t know SE had 2 trains. 

1 hour ago, Tricoart said:

If there’s an anomaly/something considered worth discussing in regards to Movie World’s operating or maintenance schedule, it tracks that it’ll be talked about in a thread that’s partially/solely dedicated to Movie World’s operating & maintenance schedule. And if those anomalies/updates are happening near-daily, like they’ve been in the past & with other situations, I don’t see any benefit in moderators taking action against discussing them just because they’re happening quickly. Especially if there’s nothing else worth discussing at the time.

Maybe it Would be better if instead of having a thread named/based on the parks maintenance schedule we have a thread called “(insert park name here) ride operations and closures”  so it’s not just stat the obvious like “hey the website says DC rivals in getting maintenance in April”  but more about how the rides are operating and wait times, the stuff that’s not on the website, which is basically what’s happening now but in its own thread.

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

Wild West Falls back up, Green Lantern back down again with Doomsday Destroyer. GL and DD are so unreliable that they are down half the time. I feel like they could see the fate of Buzzsaw where it is sold to another park (AP or FF would like them, especially GL)

• Slick locked this topic