Movie world Maintenance 2022

Smol bean

13 minutes ago, jjuttp said:

Completly different boat design and situation.

Yes but the boats could get stuck at the chainlift and the boats from behind all bump into them. May not be as bad as TRRR but all the boats (or at least 2 or 3) would get stuck leaving around 25 people trapped.

2 minutes ago, TBoy said:

Yes but the boats could get stuck at the chainlift and the boats from behind all bump into them. May not be as bad as TRRR but all the boats (or at least 2 or 3) would get stuck leaving around 25 people trapped.

As I stated, It was only in the one section between the turn around/geyser and the Indian teepees, water level was fine through the western town. 

other thing I found strange was no attendant in the little room to the left at the start of the lift hill. Usually you can clearly see them and the cctv cameras they are monitoring. No one there today. 

Ok we can all calm down with the alarm. The ride is not TRR, the park is not pre-accident Dreamworld. 
There is nothing to indicate here or at any time in the past that Movie World operate their attractions in any way that is unsafe at anytime. 

Water levels are monitored. If they drop too low to operate safely the ride goes into fault. So i doubt there is anything to be worried about.

Its basically impossible for the water level to be ok in the western town and too low in the geyser area. Water flows from the backwards drop area through to lift two. So if its low at the start, it should be low at the end too as its constantly pumped back around from the harbour.

Edited by Levithian

4 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

other thing I found strange was no attendant in the little room to the left at the start of the lift hill. Usually you can clearly see them and the cctv cameras they are monitoring. No one there today. 

I had heard with the revamp they no longer needed someone stationed there because there was more extensive cctv monitoring done from the main booth now 

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Oh I agree, I wasn’t saying the park was being irresponsible, just making an observation that the water level was lower than usual. I have no doubts the ride would have been closed if the situation was deemed unsafe. 

100%, I was referring to the nonsense that followed. Banging along the bottom doesn’t sound like a fun ride. 

3 minutes ago, Levithian said:

Its basically impossible for the water level to be ok in the western town and too low in the geyser area. Water flows from the backwards drop area through to lift two. So if its low at the start, it should be low at the end too. 

All well and good, but that is the reality of what it was today. 
I’ve probably ridden WWF about 100 times.

usually the water level between the geyser, past the broken bridge towards the teepees is about 20cm below the trough lip. You might cop the odd bump in that section, but today the water was at least 40cm, maybe more below the lip, and you could feel the wheel bumping along the bottom the whole way and the boat hitting the curves hard due to less buoyancy. 

The water level in the western town if anything was higher that usual - water was over the trough lip in a couple of areas and water was spilling out 

18 hours ago, rappa said:

Ok we can all calm down with the alarm. The ride is not TRR, the park is not pre-accident Dreamworld. 
There is nothing to indicate here or at any time in the past that Movie World operate their attractions in any way that is unsafe at anytime. 

The fact that rides at movie world are always closed proves that they care about safety

16 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

usually the water level between the geyser, past the broken bridge towards the teepees is about 20cm below the trough lip. You might cop the odd bump in that section, but today the water was at least 40cm, maybe more below the lip, and you could feel the wheel bumping along the bottom the whole way and the boat hitting the curves hard due to less buoyancy. 

The water level in the western town if anything was higher that usual - water was over the trough lip in a couple of areas and water was spilling out 

Same situation today, very rough through the geyser and teepee section and still no lights through the main lift hill.

JL was far better than the last time I rode it, with many more effects working, however the ride 'reset' during the GL/Superman section, screens all went black and stayed black and all the guns switched off. Most of the 'blast' doors were just stuck open as well, otherwise it's far improved compared to where it was

On 10/12/2022 at 4:12 PM, TBoy said:

IMO If the water levels are lower than normal, DO NOT open the ride. We know what happened with TRRR at DW.

On 10/12/2022 at 5:28 PM, Brad2912 said:

Oh I agree, I wasn’t saying the park was being irresponsible, just making an observation that the water level was lower than usual. I have no doubts the ride would have been closed if the situation was deemed unsafe. 

On 10/12/2022 at 9:11 PM, Brad2912 said:

In the past few years, I believe the floor of the channel was lifted (adding more cement) to reduce the depth in some places.

Boats are designed to float, but their buoyancy doesn't change - so a big group of adults filling the boat are going to sit lower in the water than a couple with 2 kids.

I've had a ride where it has bumped along the whole way, because (unplanned) every adult sat on one side with their (much lighter) kids on the other.

• Like 1

If something doesn't pass morning maintenance checks, it won't open. Sometimes these checks are still being performed right up until opening, and they'll keep working on it to bring it up until the last possible moment. 

If maintenance thinks they can get it up, the front signage \ website won't be updated.

5 hours ago, Ogre said:

Got a ride on Justice League yesterday. The guns worked! Pretty much all of the effects seemed to be working too (except the Flash wind effect).

One taped off vehicle though:

vlc_8JBzrjijYz.thumb.png.8978868de86a44dbff08ef534f367a96.png

Bring back the Flash wind effect! That's good to hear. Was the Starro mist curtain even back? And how about the spaceship scene - was the background music back in there? Because it has been silent in that scene for ages, apart from the dialogue from the screens when they are working, and it ruined the atmopshere

10 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

Bring back the Flash wind effect! That's good to hear. Was the Starro mist curtain even back? And how about the spaceship scene - was the background music back in there? Because it has been silent in that scene for ages, apart from the dialogue from the screens when they are working, and it ruined the atmopshere

The mist curtain was indeed working! Pretty sure the spaceship section had music. 

• Like 1

Scooby is pretty poor for just having come out of maintenance, the first set of projectors were down today, no monitors/screens or audio in the lift section at all and the last set of projectors were in focus, but out of sync with the ride vehicle.

WWF has a few issues at the moment - the sign that drops down when the tombstone pops up in the shootout scene is stuck down, and still no lights in the upper half of the main lift hill.

• Slick locked this topic