Wet N Wild Trip 13th October

Ashley

Hi Parkz community, hope you're all well, went to both Wet n Wild, and Movieworld today. So, here is an update of WNW, I'll start another topic for my MW update.

Alright, well on my visit everything was pretty good, staff were friendly, park was clean and tidy, gardens well kept. They have also done a few improvements since my last visit.

Unfortunately, this remains, do the world a favour VRTP, and get rid of it.

IMG_1022.thumb.jpeg.265e3581eeb8fab09c58cf7b1d60b582.jpeg

Now for the good things.

Kamikaze has been given a new sign.

IMG_1026.thumb.jpeg.b0ff4565542ca58ca404238a949b1763.jpeg

And the old buddy site has been turfed, it looks great.

IMG_1025.thumb.jpeg.c4144771ae54bf567559cc486452b23b.jpeg

I'm not sure, but I think this building and the toilets in H20 zone have been repainted. 

IMG_1028.thumb.jpeg.85e22fd2604a2b2f9344f6ef971b4f16.jpegIMG_1029.thumb.jpeg.b1b6e82d3272a72087d16eb051aa8b08.jpeg

Some excavation is happening in front of Blackhole, which is currently under maintenance.

IMG_1030.thumb.jpeg.81f8325405f43245c3418b1f967841dd.jpeg 

The kids play structure has received some flags, and looks like it has also received a coat of paint.

IMG_1031.thumb.jpeg.273f51a83f75595d279010c29db771fe.jpeg

Constrictor's paint job is finished, and it looks great.

IMG_1032.thumb.jpeg.08dd3dc172dbcd214fde77eaf5c90a9e.jpeg

AquaLoop is also down for maintenance, and is getting a buff. I spoke with the supervision manager in charge of the work at the loop, and he said that they do this annually, it's to not only bring out the colour, but also to clean it. He said 1 year's worth of sunscreen, sweat, dirt etc. needs to be cleaned off. The company he works for, does business with all the theme parks, and they done some repainting at WNW in the past, they didn't repaint constrictor, but they did repaint, River rapids last year, and mammoth falls 2 years ago. Hopefully tornado is next on the list.

Fun fact: to completely polish and wax super 8 racer takes 6 weeks.

IMG_1034.thumb.jpeg.962f2646dee5643c4914d0a2a0421130.jpeg

IMG_1033.thumb.jpeg.a33d95c911337daeb9871b3bf79cbee1.jpeg

Now with regards to Surfrider, they didn't tell me where it's going, but I can confirm that it is being moved to another park.

IMG_1023.thumb.jpeg.0dcb1cee943d6af4473abe15d075bcd9.jpeg

I also have some information about Skycoaster, the reason it is closed is because you need special training to operate it, the company that they used has gone bust, and they haven't found another company in Queensland yet.

• Like 5

Interesting, if true, that Surfrider is moving. Considering in 2020 the ride track was removed, replaced/refurbished and then reinstalled. 

The zip line structure has been there for 10 years and definitely needs to go, such an eye sore. From the parks perspective, it would be a costly and probably difficult task the remove that cables as they are length of half of the front of the park. 

My guess is because of the refurb that’s why they are moving it instead of scrapping it, they must’ve realised afterwards it didn’t have a purpose at WNW anymore and should spend the rest of its life elsewhere.

Besides Seaworld, where else could it move? MW it would feel very out of place, wouldn’t fit in at DW, maybe Aussieworld or a victorian park? or who knows, maybe it’ll go to another place where it makes no sense, like Paradise Country.

Edited by Rivals

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

IMG_1026.thumb.jpeg.b0ff4565542ca58ca404238a949b1763.jpeg

And the old buddy site has been turfed, it looks great.

IMG_1025.thumb.jpeg.c4144771ae54bf567559cc486452b23b.jpeg

Constrictor's paint job is finished, and it looks great.

IMG_1032.thumb.jpeg.08dd3dc172dbcd214fde77eaf5c90a9e.jpeg

Great update and photos. I know buddy site is likely a typo and you meant buggy, but it still kinda fits and I like it.

I also hate how constrictor is alone in that splash zone. Such a big landing area for 1 slide, kinda disappointing.

1 hour ago, Naazon said:

I also hate how constrictor is alone in that splash zone. Such a big landing area for 1 slide, kinda disappointing

That's the unfortunate side effect of repurposing an old attraction's themed area to suit a new attraction is it doesn't exactly fit well because it wasn't designed for it...

9 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Thanks for the update!

Interesting about Surfrider. I can't think where it could go at Movie World. Maybe replace Doomsday? and yeah, re-theming it would be pretty easy. I could even see them repainting it.

I think replacing Doomsday with Surfrider would be the only way it would fit in Movie World, but then again replacing it with a coaster would make them down to one flat ride again. 

Edited by Rivals

We debated this pretty hard about how I don't think it's a fit for SW. I think weirdly does fit at MW. Given the queues that Superman, GL and Rivals has, MW clearly has a lot of demand on thrill rides. Surfrider would increase the supply of side by about 1500-2000 rides a day. It wouldn't be a 'must ride' attraction, but it's by no means a bad ride, and any extra capacity is more than welcome.

There is an issue with attraction mix skewing too tall but no more so than when Arkham was there. There is a new Jr. Flatride (which i would say is a borderline family ride) and 3 new intermediate coasters coming so I think it makes sense.

I stand by my view that WnW makes the most sense, but I think MW would be a very close second place, and a much better fit than SW.

44 minutes ago, themagician said:

Fast forward a few months, turns out Marvin the Martian ride is a retheme of Surfrider 👀

Haha, I don't know if it's really a kids ride.

2 hours ago, Ogre said:

Thanks for the update!

Interesting about Surfrider. I can't think where it could go at Movie World. Maybe replace Doomsday? and yeah, re-theming it would be pretty easy. I could even see them repainting it.

No problem.

It has just been repainted. I couldn't Doomsday going anytime soon. I know it's not always the most reliable, but it's not very old.

With Vikings Revenge finally being demolished, do you think they might replace it with Surfrider?

18 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Would it fit inside Superman? 

It might just fit. But I'd be tight, I couldn't see anything ever being put in that space. At least not until superman is removed.

Oh, by the way the misters were working on SE, they start just before the launch.