The New Atlantis - Reviews & Reactions

themagician

37 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Dragons flight didn't actually end up at Sunway Lagoon, but at its sister park The Lost World of Tambun. The ride still operates to this day as well

https://sunwaylostworldoftambun.com/lost-world-amusement-park/

Giddy Galleon appears to also be the old Captain Caveman’s Clippers - or potentially just the same ride model 

8 hours ago, Spotty said:

Dragons flight didn't actually end up at Sunway Lagoon, but at its sister park The Lost World of Tambun. The ride still operates to this day as well

https://sunwaylostworldoftambun.com/lost-world-amusement-park/

You know, I absolutely knew this, but thought it was part of the same precinct. Thanks for the correction Spotty.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aussienetman said:

First visit to Seaworld yesterday following Atlantis opening. Staff positioned at front of the woodie advising it might be open later. Had to leave a few hours later with no woodie action. Area looks good but why no shade seaworld 

Was also my first visit to try and ride Leviathan but it was still closed when I left at 2. As I was leaving there was a big film crew setting up around the entrance to the ride. I'm certainly hoping that wasn't why it was shut, because I checked the maintenance schedule the night before and it had no indication the ride would be closed. Would be very disappointing if they closed a ride at short notice for a film crew, who presumably would have given them extensive notice.

I was fairly lucky on my 3rd attempt at getting in leviathan (3rd day I tried) I got on it! And I got a lot of rides on it front row, middle row and back row. It’s incredible at the back and the drop is fun at the front because you hang over the drop and it’s much more smooth but the backs still the best. The backwards seat thing was not working the day I went something wrong with the app so no one could buy a backwards ticket that day

12 hours ago, REGIE said:

something wrong with the app so no one could buy a backwards ticket that day

I heard someone say the other day that they don't sell wristbands in the park anymore and it's all app-based, and for me, thats a big missed opportunity for lost revenue anytime you're having app issues (or for internationals that don't have mobile data, for example). Like - how hard is it for the photo centre to have a book of wristbands to sell when needed?

If its a case of having it in the app so that you don't oversell the wristbands and can control how many are available, just have the photo staff process it on an ipad after taking payment?

What do people think of the backwards ride? I find DC Rivals' backwards row to be a completely different experience that adds a whole new level of thrill. On Leviathan I thought it was interesting and fun to do once, but probably won't shell out for another go in future. It's not bad just not different enough to stand out.

2 minutes ago, aaronm said:

What do people think of the backwards ride? I find DC Rivals' backwards row to be a completely different experience that adds a whole new level of thrill. On Leviathan I thought it was interesting and fun to do once, but probably won't shell out for another go in future. It's not bad just not different enough to stand out.

A waste.

1 hour ago, webslave said:

Not to mention the many of us that despise every two-bit business insisting you install their app as yet another data grab.  No thanks, get stuffed.

I mean, App usage is pretty much the default these days. Both Village and Disney have app-based tickets (Although I do love Dreamworld's option to have it in your Apple Wallet so you can show your barcode on phone or watch to enter (never lose the damn thing again!) and while i'm sure parks will definitely have an alternative if you prefer to wear your hats covered in tinfoil, it's definitely the simpler way of entering the park. 

Purchasing backwards uses the same app as the entry ticket so if you already have it, you're not giving anything else away.

20 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

Just give the ride ops a eftpos terminal. Simples. 

Everything is "Simples" for you, but I don't see you running a theme park company, so maybe it isn't "Simples".

15 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I mean, App usage is pretty much the default these days. Both Village and Disney have app-based tickets (Although I do love Dreamworld's option to have it in your Apple Wallet so you can show your barcode on phone or watch to enter (never lose the damn thing again!) and while i'm sure parks will definitely have an alternative if you prefer to wear your hats covered in tinfoil, it's definitely the simpler way of entering the park. 

Purchasing backwards uses the same app as the entry ticket so if you already have it, you're not giving anything else away.

Didn't have any issues with ticketing last time I was up there sans-app.

What's wrong with a simple web application if you were so committed?  Similar functionality without the data-grab, and without having to reside on the user's phone.

The reason it's the default is because it advantages the merchant, not the buyer.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, webslave said:

The reason it's the default is because it advantages the merchant, not the buyer.

Absolutely acknowledge this, but the app generally delivers something to the buyer in return. Still heavily slanted to the merchant, but for example - the wait times, the virtual queue, online ordering for food, Sure, you could web base this but there's a lot of people out there that struggle to use web-based interfaces that find apps really simple and intuitive (not to mention idiot proof). 

Nice hat by the way.

4 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

there's a lot of people out there that struggle to use web-based interfaces that find apps really simple and intuitive

Most apps are actually just a webview control, so the experience is identical.  We managed to teach people QRs pretty quickly; the hard part of that was a QR that then required an app download afterward.

Purely having an address bar they can accidentally type over, or click back and break the authentication, or pressing stop accidentally, or any number of other things makes it not-idiot-proof.

And there are still to this day a lot of idiots that insisted on writing their name and address on a bit of paper instead of QR checkins. And their personal details are probably still gathering dust on a shelf in restaurants, clubs, and entertainment venues to this day because the data guys can't just 'wipe' the databases when its on paper.

I'm quite ok to keep using the app, and i'm quite ok for you to keep not using it. It'd be preferable though, they offer a non-app purchase option for upcharges in park in a way that doesn't require operators to carry eftpos terminals.